Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest BandofBrothers

I have just unlocked my phone.

However, it has put the original ROM back on the phone (Orange branded).... but the phone is unlocked

Now can I install the latest Cynagonmod via Clockwork mod or will this "undo" the unlocking, as it wipes the phone??

Many thanks!

Edit: Answered in another thread - unlock and then play with custom roms and unlock remains! thanks :D

Edited by BandofBrothers

Guest razzmataz1478

Hi i am trying to restore the qcn file but when i go into software download it says that the port may not be working properly or it may be busy, i have gone into the qpst config and removed it and tried to re-enable the port but it comes up with the same error. Any ideas on how to make the port work please? :)

Edit: Does this mean I have lost my MAC?

Edit: Fixed, booted into the newly flashed phone without mac, then put in a different usb port booted into ftm and restored :)

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Thanks!

Found the DEADD00D_0.qcn file in /program files/QPST directory and used the stock ZTE Rom from your link. Worked a treat.

Many thanks again, really appreciate your help mate!

Regards,

Carl

You are welcome. Glad to hear you did itsmile.gif

Guest davenew

Have just finally managed to (I think - don't have as yet another sim to check) my OMC bought last month.

Took somewhat longer than I thought... had multiple problems loading correct drivers, and then also had problems with QPST recognising the phone.

This was finally solved thanks to a previous post that also had a similar problem with the QPST configuration seeing the phone and port, but not when opening the QPST software download, which came up with error along lines of not being able to connect to Atlas server.

This was solved by opening in the configurator app the software download prog within that app (is under one of the tabs from memory).

Have yet to take plunge of doing root and new ROM, as got quite knackered just doing the unlock!, so wish me luck for the future.

Many thanks to all those who have been able to make this possible

Guest westmuthead

Hi,

Just bought a OMC supposed to be for my son but I'm liking it probably end up as mine.

I've tried to unlock but unsuccessful anyone in the Aberdeen area that could help.

I'm also wanting to load another rom, get rid of the orange rubbish.

Help

Guest secretman_z

Great tutorial , unlicked my phone , THANK YOUUU

Just one more thing ,i didnt do the optional park with the "clockworkmod" cause i dont know what it is basically ,is it a rooting software ?

Please advise

Thanks

Hi Guys n Guru`s...

I`ve followed the steps and installed the relevant programs and drivers,but when I run the install-recovery.bat file from the Preparation folder,once CMD kicks in it comes up with the message "waiting for device".

I noticed a few pages back that a few other members have this problem but as yet no-one has answered their specific issue.

I`d appreciate help and advice with this asap as my daughter is doing my head in....she`s the only one out of her group of friends that isnt on giffgaff lol

Guest razzmataz1478

Great tutorial , unlicked my phone , THANK YOUUU

Just one more thing ,i didnt do the optional park with the "clockworkmod" cause i dont know what it is basically ,is it a rooting software ?

Please advise

Thanks

It isn't rooting software, but it does enable you to install custom ROMs like tillaz's Atomic http://android.modac...-v25-available/ , which gives root access AFAIK (i don't have it yet, getting it when V3 comes out)

CWM replaces your phones stock recovery partition, instead of booting into 'FTM' mode when you hold the volume down button it boots into clockwork.

If you don't want to install a custom rom. but want root access, you want Superboot http://android.modac...-the-zte-skate/ :)

Clockworkmod thread:

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest pellonet

Hi Guys n Guru`s...

I`ve followed the steps and installed the relevant programs and drivers,but when I run the install-recovery.bat file from the Preparation folder,once CMD kicks in it comes up with the message "waiting for device".

I noticed a few pages back that a few other members have this problem but as yet no-one has answered their specific issue.

I`d appreciate help and advice with this asap as my daughter is doing my head in....she`s the only one out of her group of friends that isnt on giffgaff lol

I found some of the programs won't run at first but after going to 'Properties' & unblocking the ones that had been identified as coming from an outside source & also making sure everything is run as an administrator eveything went fine & I now have my brand-new OMC unlocked & tested with Virgin & Giffgaff.

Many thanks to the Authors & Contributors to this tutorial.

Edited by pellonet

Ok, I`ve managed to get the programs working but I`m now becoming stuck at step 9/10 where you have to apply a port number when the phone is not showing up.

When I got to QPST Configuration, the port shows as Com12 and when I select it and then go back to the QPST Software Download window, the phone still doesnt show up, just a no connection message, so I cant do the backup.I googled it and found that you had to untick "Show serial and USB/QC Diagnostic Ports Only" which I did, but still the phone is not being found

The Skate then just looping through continuous Green Android reboots so obviously I feared the worst.Not knowing what to do and not being able to go back or continue the process, I (stupidly??) just unplugged the phone and replaced the battery!

Luckily though after booting it up no harm has been done (phew!), its just the same as before...fully locked and bloated on Orange!

Please, can someone walk me through this.I`m using XPSP3

Thanks

Frustrated dad!

Even more frustrated teenager!

Edited by A6er

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Ok, I`ve managed to get the programs working but I`m now becoming stuck at step 9/10 where you have to apply a port number when the phone is not showing up.

When I got to QPST Configuration, the port shows as Com12 and when I select it and then go back to the QPST Software Download window, the phone still doesnt show up, just a no connection message, so I cant do the backup.I googled it and found that you had to untick "Show serial and USB/QC Diagnostic Ports Only" which I did, but still the phone is not being found

The Skate then just looping through continuous Green Android reboots so obviously I feared the worst.Not knowing what to do and not being able to go back or continue the process, I (stupidly??) just unplugged the phone and replaced the battery!

Luckily though after booting it up no harm has been done (phew!), its just the same as before...fully locked and bloated on Orange!

Thanks

Frustrated dad!

Try to run QPST software download with battery in when you put the phone into FTM mode.

Guest pellonet

Thanks

Frustrated dad!

I have a nasty feeling that the downloaded QPST only runs in Vista or Win 7, I'm sure I read this in one of the 'readme' files. Can anyone confirm this or say they have been able to run it successfully in XP SP3?

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I have a nasty feeling that the downloaded QPST only runs in Vista or Win 7, I'm sure I read this in one of the 'readme' files. Can anyone confirm this or say they have been able to run it successfully in XP SP3?

I have run QPST 2.7 366 in XP sp3 without any problem.

Guest asifmatey

Seen post today Argos £89.99 resereved collected an hour later, and unlocked 30 mins later. although encountered problems at instruction 14. phone would boot loop with android logonothing else to-do except disconnect. as the flash had completed and been verified with a PASS it took a couple of reboots to boot proper, all working great biggrin.gif working with Three network.Thanks Guyslaugh.gif

Try to run QPST software download with battery in when you put the phone into FTM mode.

Thanks xiaoyaoswim, I`ll try that tomorrow, hopefully it`ll turn out to be 3rd time lucky

Seen post today Argos £89.99 resereved collected an hour later, and unlocked 30 mins later. although encountered problems at instruction 14. phone would boot loop with android logonothing else to-do except disconnect. as the flash had completed and been verified with a PASS it took a couple of reboots to boot proper, all working great biggrin.gif working with Three network.Thanks Guyslaugh.gif

Just bought another,£50 less than what I paid for daughters OMC in November, but after having bother unlocking hers I thought if I brick it at least there is a spare!

Guest tonybeau

I have run QPST 2.7 366 in XP sp3 without any problem.

I am having the same problems with ports etc and I am using Vista. Reading the QPST user guide it says that you must be using XP or Windows 7. It also says that you must use a serial port. I am confused

Guest secretman_z

It isn't rooting software, but it does enable you to install custom ROMs like tillaz's Atomic http://android.modac...-v25-available/ , which gives root access AFAIK (i don't have it yet, getting it when V3 comes out)

CWM replaces your phones stock recovery partition, instead of booting into 'FTM' mode when you hold the volume down button it boots into clockwork.

If you don't want to install a custom rom. but want root access, you want Superboot http://android.modac...-the-zte-skate/ :)

Clockworkmod thread: http://android.modac...-the-zte-skate/

Thank you for clearing that out , do you think its better to root my phone ? i mean whats the difference between the orange rom and a custom one ?

cheerz

Guest razzmataz1478

Thank you for clearing that out , do you think its better to root my phone ? i mean whats the difference between the orange rom and a custom one ?

cheerz

I'd definitely recommened installing a custom rom as it frees your phone from all of the orange bloatware on your phone,and they give a nicer interface and drastically improve the performance.

If you are going to install the Atomic rom or CM7/9 theres need to root before because AFAIK they come with root access installed

Guest secretman_z

I'd definitely recommened installing a custom rom as it frees your phone from all of the orange bloatware on your phone,and they give a nicer interface and drastically improve the performance.

If you are going to install the Atomic rom or CM7/9 theres need to root before because AFAIK they come with root access installed

Thx alot mate , really helpful ... im gonna try rootin it in the next few days ,im abit scared to be honest but ill do it eventually :)

Guest razzmataz1478

Thx alot mate , really helpful ... im gonna try rootin it in the next few days ,im abit scared to be honest but ill do it eventually :)

Sorry I meant *there's no need to root if you want to install a custom rom