Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sandroe123

When I want to download the driver I get a depositfile error: what am I doing wrong?

Ce fichier n'existe pas (l'accès aux fichiers suivants est limité) ou il a été enlevé à cause de violation des droits d'auteur.

Guest robneymcplum

Anyone found a link for the second download? Or can tell me what it was actually called rather than just 'link' So we could search for it? I dont even know what it was I was downloading, just know minus is saying an error....

Guest oscar-mark

Is this for unlocking bootloader or unlocking SIM?

Because I only installed CWM throught TPT and then flashed a custom ROM!

Maybe that is why my Google Apps wont work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest al-xcartier

It really works! It's the s***! Thank you so much, tilal!

I had my ZTE Skate like blocked for *any* network after too often trying to unsimlock it with a false code given by SFR (France's Vodafone) and instead of wasting my time with them I just unbricked it myself following your instructions!

Thanks again, you made my year!

Guest bluntendo

Hi peeps, one problem, i followed all step to unlock but when i went to restore qcn file it was blank!! now the phone is unlocked with wifi broken and no service!! :( does anyone have a qcn backup i can use please??

Many Thanks.

/Bluntendo. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a problem.

When I started the Software download, I got a message "Could not connect to the emuka-pc Atlas Server. HR=0x800702e4"

What does it mean?

I have Win 7 32

And I use Ice Armor III on my phone.

What is the problem?

Edited by Emuka

• 2 weeks later...

So you want to unlock your OMC/Skate? You’ve come to the right place!

IF YOU UNLOCKED BEFORE THE MAC ADDRESS FIX GO HERE

All the stuff in the tutorial is simplified by me but the full credit for unlock has to go to xiaoyaoswim who originally posted this method here and also to John W who figured out how to save the WiFi MAC address.

THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF LOSING WARRANTY WHEN UNLOCKING.

YOU SHOULD INSTALL THESE DRIVERS FIRST - http://www.multiupload.com/BQ7VQOQA4L. If they don't work then try the drivers on the Superboot thread.

1. Google "QPST 2.7 Build 366". Click the first link and download the file beside "QPST 2.7 Build 366" and install it.
  2. Download this file and unzip it.
  3. Connect your phone to your computer and make sure that you have USB Debugging turned on
  4. Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.
  5. Remove your battery and disconnect the USB cable
  6. Now as you connect the phone to your computer press the volume down button. Don’t let go of the volume button until “FTM” comes up on your phone.
  7. You installed QPST in the first step. Now in the Start menu find "Software Download" which was installed by QPST.
  8. Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" file
  9. If your phone is not found then go to "QPST Configuration" in the start menu and add a port for your phone
  10. Click Start on the utility
  11. Make sure the file exists and is non-zero in file size before proceeding - if not try the previous steps again
  12. Go into the Unlock folder of the extracted zip file and run “download.exe”
  13. If you are sure you want to unlock press “START”!
  14. Sit through some hairy moments as it flashes itself and unlocks the phone.
  15. Go back to the "Software Download" utility.and click "Restore". Find the .qcn file you saved and restore it.
  16. Remove your USB cable, put the battery back in and any SIM of your choice – your phone is now unlocked!!
  17. OPTIONAL – Power on the phone and turn on USB Debugging.
  18. Go to “POST-UNLOCK FOLDER” and run the bat file again – this installs ClockworkMod

You now have a fully working unlocked Orange Monte Carlo / ZTE Skate!!

when i open up download.exe the start button doesnt work? any solution all of the other steps worked :)

when i open up download.exe the start button doesnt work? any solution all of the other steps worked :)

NEVER MIND! got it to work lol had to close all the qtsp programs :) thanks for your help! it works

• 2 weeks later...

but where can i download drivers? Not any of those link is working......

edit: i found drivers but when i start software download in QPST program doesnt see my phone?

Edited by jabre

• 1 month later...
Guest azerbaijanman

Hi there everybody, I think I've done something really stupid.

I followed the unlock tutorial, but for some reason only got a .qcn file of 4kb in size. Now I have an unlocked phone that works fine as a phone, but will not connect to wireless internet (which it did before the unlock).

Is there any way to 'rewrite' NV data, or have I ruined my girlfriend's new phone?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest nicksoph

All the links shown here for the unlock_skate.zip file do not work. If somebody has access to the file would they be kind enough to publish somewhere?

It seems the only file needed which is not available elsewhere is download.exe - what ever that is

Edited by nicksoph

• 1 month later...
Guest Gerycard

LoL... there are few members who have the files and unlocked their phones, but they're only leech the community, don't pay back the things with any help... they can't upload the files, although it only takes about 15 mins... good..very good... :angry2: