Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest Droid 007

You guys are genius. I was surprised to see how your guys finally unlocked OMC. I need some help with MAC address fixing.

It looks like your instructions has just changed - while I was trying to get my phone unlocked. I was using the previous instructions and did everything upto Optional Post-Unlock step. After that step I rooted using http://android.modaco.com/topic/344819-09-aug-superboot-root-access-for-the-zte-skate/ and install ES File Explorer.

How I am facing problem with fixing MAC address for WiFi. This is what I tried

"ES File Explorer" -> Menu -> Settings -> Root Options -> Root Explorer - [Ticked] and [Cyanogen Mod] and [OK]

I get the error - "sorry test failed. The feature cannot be run on your moble." and 1 second later "root access has been granted on your phone". Then Root Options became grayed out with both Root Explorer and Mount File System also grayed out.

The thing is I can go all the way to the file /system/etc/nv_4319.txt and open it. But I cannot save any changes. Looking at the properties of the file it has Read: Yes, Write: No, Hidden: No.

How to go about fixing this last bit? Also, how to remove all those Orange Apps? Thanks

Guest putbinoot

You guys are genius. I was surprised to see how your guys finally unlocked OMC. I need some help with MAC address fixing.

It looks like your instructions has just changed - while I was trying to get my phone unlocked. I was using the previous instructions and did everything upto Optional Post-Unlock step. After that step I rooted using http://android.modaco.com/topic/344819-09-aug-superboot-root-access-for-the-zte-skate/ and install ES File Explorer.

How I am facing problem with fixing MAC address for WiFi. This is what I tried

"ES File Explorer" -> Menu -> Settings -> Root Options -> Root Explorer - [Ticked] and [Cyanogen Mod] and [OK]

I get the error - "sorry test failed. The feature cannot be run on your moble." and 1 second later "root access has been granted on your phone". Then Root Options became grayed out with both Root Explorer and Mount File System also grayed out.

The thing is I can go all the way to the file /system/etc/nv_4319.txt and open it. But I cannot save any changes. Looking at the properties of the file it has Read: Yes, Write: No, Hidden: No.

How to go about fixing this last bit? Also, how to remove all those Orange Apps? Thanks

I had to install a Rom to get ES to work, used Bluemonte 1.8c

Guest Droid 007

I had to install a Rom to get ES to work, used Bluemonte 1.8c

Can you provide the link for that ROM please? Also, I want to know all the ROMs available for me to choose. Where to get all those details from? Thanks

Guest painkiller_93

for those who unlocked the phone before the definitive MAC address fix, is there a quick tutorial about how to fix it now?

Edited by painkiller_93

Guest Droid 007

for those who unlocked the phone before the definitive MAC address fix, there is a quick tutorial about how to fix it now?

I am also on the same boat. I have phone unlocked (so far tested with T-Mobile SIM only). Now I am trying to fix the MAC address, then remove Orange apps the probably try out a ROM or two.

Guest Blueton

for those who unlocked the phone before the definitive MAC address fix, there is a quick tutorial about how to fix it now?

Could you put the link up for the tutorial as I cant find it.

Many thanks

Guest painkiller_93

Could you put the link up for the tutorial as I cant find it.

Many thanks

It was a question, I meant, for those who unlocked the phone before the definitive MAC address fix, is there a quick tutorial about how to fix it now?

Guest xiaoyaoswim

It was a question, I meant, for those who unlocked the phone before the definitive MAC address fix, is there a quick tutorial about how to fix it now?

If you know how to use HEX editor, you can follow glossywhite's way to edit the qcn file and restore it back

I'll try to add it into my thread if I have time later today.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

hi, sorry if i asked unnecessary question here, i am new to android, it this guide for unlocking android 2.3.4?

It doen't matter whether it is 2.3.4 or 2.3.5

Guest Blueton

http://android.modac...d-nvitems-loss/

If you know how to use HEX editor, you can follow glossywhite's way to edit the qcn file and restore it back

I'll try to add it into my thread if I have time later today.

A quick guide on how to use the Hex editor and where to get it and a step by step would be great.

Once again thanks for the unlock xiaoyaoswim will be making a donation to you later today let us know when you get your new OMC/Skate.

Guest glossywhite

I used "Bless Hex Editor" on Ubuntu 11.10, but seeing as most of you will use Windows, let me get some screenshots up.

Video of how to edit the MAC back into the *.QCN:

post-625969-0-43055800-1321192618_thumb.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest swukjay

Well this is bloody excellent! I dont have a omc ..yet lol but this is definately making me think about it ! Thanks to everyone who has made this possible it just goes to prove the amount of genius that is here on modaco B)

Guest 0mniknightz

It doen't matter whether it is 2.3.4 or 2.3.5

thanks xiaoyaoswim, 1 more thing abt how to get rid of the orange and android application / widgets. some of them seems to automatically connect whenever i turn on data connection. eat up all my credit.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

thanks xiaoyaoswim, 1 more thing abt how to get rid of the orange and android application / widgets. some of them seems to automatically connect whenever i turn on data connection. eat up all my credit.

You may flash a custom ROM to get a clean system, or to use Titanium Backup to uninstall system app if you would like to keep the stock ROM.

Guest stiefanu

I have some problems with Software Download..I have the phone in FTM Mode, but in backup tab it says 'No ports active'..how can i fix that?

I'm using Windows XP.

Thanks!

Guest tilal6991

I have some problems with Software Download..I have the phone in FTM Mode, but in backup tab it says 'No ports active'..how can i fix that?

I'm using Windows XP.

Thanks!

Go to QPST configuration in you Start Menu and add a new port for your phone.