Please help me.....

Guest Herkatus

Guest Herkatus

Hi!

Earlier this week I received my new refurbished Advent Vega from PCWORLD.

It was everything going Ok until I had the sudden need to show off my new toy to my boss... but from all the apps, she had to choose the "Calibration". Since I didn't knew what was it I just "back" from the app.

Then It started: the problem that took all my spare time: the screen stopped working.

So, I've googled it and found this great forum with post of similar problems.

But maybe my english is rusty and I´m missing something....

First of all I followed this guide and then I tried this other guide.

Ok, now let me resume everything I'm doing.

From the first tutorial, there are two things I can't do: I can´t use adb shell reboot recovery_2 but adb shell recovery_2 && reboot instead, and step 6a doesn't work. When I try, sometimes it just turn off Vega, other times continues booting but without mouse control. The only way to turn on mouse is with the second guide, but it has a catch: it only works with stock roms.

Stock 1.09 has the calibration tool but it's different from what I remember was the cause of my problem (this one is Module AP and the other just said Calibration or Screen Calibration). Stock 1.09 also doesn't have Market and has wifi issues, so sticking to this solution (1.09 + mouse) is not a choice....

Please I need help because going to PCWorld is not possible (I'm in Portugal), and I don't want to throw money to the bin....

Edited by Herkatus

Guest richardmlea

From the first tutorial, there are two things I can't do: I can´t use adb shell reboot recovery_2 but adb shell recovery_2 && reboot instead, and step 6a doesn't work. When I try, sometimes it just turn off Vega, other times continues booting but without mouse control.

Part of step 6a is in step 6 so the grammar may be confusing you,

It should read.

"6.a : from the moment clockworkmod exits hold in back button until you reach the vegacomb lockscreen or home screen, your mouse should now be functional."

If when you try this, the mouse is still not working when it boots try this.

Hold the power button until the Vega shuts down (about 8 seconds). When the Vega is off hold the back button down and then press the power button again (only press the power button for 1 second as 2 seconds with put it in recovery). Keep holding the back button until you see the lock screen. Your mouse will be working now.

Give it another try. ;)

Guest richardmlea

Later today I'll give it another try...

Though In Vegacomb the debugging icon appears but audi doesn't recognise ADB and the mouse doesn't work...

If you have got to the stage where you have vegacomb installed you should not need ADB, the mouse should work if you are in USB host mode you can then use it to run the calibration app.

There is a thread on here posted by simonta a couple of days ago about making the tablet boot in host mode by default. Check it out, you could use the info to create a copy of vegacomb that boots in host mode so you can use the mouse to run the calibration app.

Guest richardmlea

Here's the thread.

Ask one of the posters for assistance, one of them may have already changed a vegacomb zip file to include these modifications so it boots in to host mode by default.

Guest Herkatus

I didnt want to do this as i have no way to test it as my LCD is broken but this should work.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TSJ84TTH

fingers crossed :unsure:

So, I tryed and it still didn.t worked. I can't put it in USB Host. It appear to be so because of the debugging icon but the mouse doesn't work... I tryed Corvus5 and I can boot on usb host and the mouse works but it doesn't recognize all the screen and it's not well oriented but I've managed to put the calibration tool working but the touch just don't seem to work.... I'm desperating and thinking to give up..

Is there any way to access the file with thecalibration settings and fix it manually? Or reinstall linux?

Guest richardmlea

So, I tryed and it still didn.t worked. I can't put it in USB Host. It appear to be so because of the debugging icon but the mouse doesn't work... I tryed Corvus5 and I can boot on usb host and the mouse works but it doesn't recognize all the screen and it's not well oriented but I've managed to put the calibration tool working but the touch just don't seem to work.... I'm desperating and thinking to give up..

Is there any way to access the file with the calibration settings and fix it manually? Or reinstall linux?

Each time you install a different rom you are reinstalling linux. I dont think the settings for the touchscreen are on the internal system rom (where the android and you program files are installed) because you would have to calibrate the screen every time you installed a fresh rom. You dont, so the touchscreen calibration data must be held somewhere else. I think I remember reading that its held in a IC on the touchscreen cable. I may be completly wrong about this though. Mr Hunz is the man to confirm this as he has done a lot of research on the subject.

You shouldnt be seeing the USB debugging icon if you are not connected to you PC and you have a mouse connected to the usb. Are you sure its the debugging icon and not a usb device connected icon?

It is starting to sound like you vega has a hardward fault.

Do you Know anyone in the UK who could return it for you and send you the replacement?

Edited by richardmlea

Guest Herkatus

You shouldnt be seeing the USB debugging icon if you are not connected to you PC and you have a mouse connected to the usb. Are you sure its the debugging icon and not a usb device connected icon?

What I meant was that it appears the debugging icon when I'm connected to the PC, but the mouse don't seem to work when I try to boot in usb host mode.

It is starting to sound like you vega has a hardward fault.

The worst part was: it worked on the beggining.........

~

Do you Know anyone in the UK who could return it for you and send you the replacement?

That seem to be the solution.....