Wifi Signal Boost on the Zte Blade?

Guest timfimjim

Guest timfimjim

Is it possible to get network signal boosting using wifi on the blade? I've seen it on some more modern phones such as Desire S and many high end phones.

I am wondering - is it a hardware thing, or kernel, or an app, and basically is it at all possible for the blade? I have terrible signal in my house and it would be very useful.

Thanks!

Guest Sborovm

Is it possible to get network signal boosting using wifi on the blade? I've seen it on some more modern phones such as Desire S and many high end phones.

I am wondering - is it a hardware thing, or kernel, or an app, and basically is it at all possible for the blade? I have terrible signal in my house and it would be very useful.

Thanks!

Probably you mean that you can change the wifi power setting. I have this setting in my business NOKIA E series mobile. I can set the wifi power in mW. So I can reduce the battery consumption during on good wifi signal where is 100% power not needed.

But I haven't seen it on any Android phone. :(

Guest lukesan

Thanks!

Besides the blade I own a Desire HD and have owned a HD2. Believe me the ZTE blade has much better reception than both.

There are wifi repeaters nowadays that you can buy like http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-4ghz-802-11b-g-n-wifi-repeater-ac-110-230v-104740 but even when I stand about 50 meters away from my AP it almost gets perfect signal.

Guest timfimjim

He's referring to a system where if the phone has weak/no mobile network coverage it will use wifi for calls and text etc. It's on the Monte Carlo.

Read all about it.

Yep that's it. Looks like you've got to have a handset made with it so it's a no for the blade :(

Guest unrandomsam

Besides the blade I own a Desire HD and have owned a HD2. Believe me the ZTE blade has much better reception than both.

There are wifi repeaters nowadays that you can buy like http://www.dealextre...110-230v-104740 but even when I stand about 50 meters away from my AP it almost gets perfect signal.

Interesting - My blade has been pretty unusable other than in the same room since I have had it. (Think it was a hardware fault since I have had it though).

It certainly worse than my Xperia Play (and my brothers HTC Desire) by a long shot.

Guest unrandomsam

Yep that's it. Looks like you've got to have a handset made with it so it's a no for the blade :(

Think it needs network support as well. Can anyone who is on Orange test it on monte carlo stir fry.

• 4 months later...
Guest bladebuddy

The zte crescent, has the ability to boost it's signal via wifi . I think on the crescent forum they have managed to port this from orange only sim cards, I might be wrong but if that's what your after it might be worth a look.

Guest jeddy1

Well, "Signal Boost" is just marketing term. It doesn't boost signal in any way. It uses the Wifi connection to create IPSec VPN Tunnel with carrier's server and uses it instead of GSM network. Only for Orange UK SIM cards, though...

This is it: http://help.orange.c...personal/446533

watching the topic title and if he mean that then he is talking about WIFI signal only !

my blade have low wifi signal and i guess his blade to .