weird vega problem with dock...

Guest Brooklyn Nights

Guest Brooklyn Nights

Hi All.

Ok I bought my vega off ebay as it had a screen calibration problem that its previous owner couldn't fix.

Got it a few days ago and checked on here for solutions with some sucsess but I've got a problem that I'm hoping you guys can help with.

No matter what ROM I used I could not get the vega into USB host mode (tried corvus5 and vegacomb 9n + 9n update3 and vegacomb just would not install properly but thats another story!) so I went and bought a docking station from PC World. Using stock 1.10 I docked my vega, plugged a mouse in and found no calibration software so downloaded moduleap as found on this forum as it works well even though its for a diff tablet (usx100 or something?) cleaned the screen and using the mouse plugged in to the dock re-calibrated the screen.

Now the weird bit!

The touchscreen works perfectly when plugged into the dock but not at all when its un-docked! So to use it and do anything my vega has to be docked which kind of defeats the point of a tablet! Tried it in R8 and its the same so I need help to get it working both in and out he dock please.

Guest richardmlea

That is weird.

A work around for your usb host problem would be to install a rom that has been altered to boot is usb host mode by default. Then you can run the calibration app without the dock.

Check this thread for the info you need to do this

Guest Brooklyn Nights

That is weird.

A work around for your usb host problem would be to install a rom that has been altered to boot is usb host mode by default. Then you can run the calibration app without the dock.

Check this thread for the info you need to do this http://android.modac...-usb-host-mode/

Ok being messing about for around 2 hours and got the vega working without the dock hanks to the above thread BUT as soon as its docked again the problem returns and as soon as its undocked no touchscreen!

Anyone think its a dodgy dock or vega? Its got the R8 rom on so could it be that? Mind saying that it was the same with stock 1.10...