Email problems

Guest andrew531

Guest andrew531

I have corvus 5 sp1 and have an issue with sending emails.

I can receive emails no problem using the stock email tool. However when i compose an email and try to send it, it just goes into the outbox and nothing happens! Also if I am in a application and create a file, for example I make a silly photograph and click on 'share' then email. The email doesnt send it just goes into my outbox - it is so frustrating. The email address that I use is a BT one.

However if I send an email from my Gmail account then it works fine?? Can anyone tell me what is happening and how to fix it please? Is it a silly setting on my BT Yahoo account that I need to amend or is it something on my vega that I need to change.

Thank you so much in advance for any help

Andrew

Guest simonta

Since the "outgoing server" tests succeeded, or you wouldn't have got this far, the problem is likely to be the security type (SSL vs TLS vs none) and/or the port number. Android only does basic checks when configuring the email client.

What settings do you have?

Guest andrew531

thanks for replying mate.

Where do I find the settings on the Vega? I will have a look now and let you know

Since the "outgoing server" tests succeeded, or you wouldn't have got this far, the problem is likely to be the security type (SSL vs TLS vs none) and/or the port number. Android only does basic checks when configuring the email client.

What settings do you have?

Guest andrew531

Thanks Guys! Just for anyone else that has this problem

I tried ticking the require sign in box and entered my details first. This put the composed message into the sent box rather than the outbox however it did not send the email to the recipient! So I left the box ticked and changed the port from 587 to 25 and it has worked a treat !!

Thank you so much for your help as always!! Simonta - Ive already signed up for dropbox and helped you in that way for previous help and support so thank you !

If port 587 doesn't work, try port 25.

Guest richardmlea

just for reference the mail settings for BT yahoo should be

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - mail.btinternet.com

Port (usually specified in 'Advanced settings') - 110

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - mail.btinternet.com

Port (usually specified in 'Advanced Settings') - 25

Account Name/Login Name - Your email address (including the "@btinternet.com" or "@btopenworld.com" part)

Password - Your BT Yahoo! password

Please note: if your client does not support SMTP authentication, you will not be able to use it to send your BT Yahoo! Mail messages.

Taken from BT's website.