worth it comming from the blade?

Guest raverrr

Guest MarcinusMarcinusus

My answer is:

Not worth it.

I had blade and OMC is same piece of .... with bigger screen.

119 + 10 top up it's a joke for device like this.

If you can buy for £60 it's good price if more than that is not.

Sorry to all if true is painfull but for 130 you can buy second hand HTC Desire,Xperia X10 in mint condition.

Guest putbinoot

My answer is:

Not worth it.

Sorry to all if true is painfull but for 130 you can buy second hand HTC Desire,Xperia X10 in mint condition.

Get a grip another stupid statement , so what you are trying to compare is second hand phones with no history or warranty with a brand new phone with a years warranty . Sorry to be blunt but if you can't compare like for like dont bother move on to your desire/Xperia forum.

My answer is:

Not worth it.

i understand where you are coming from with the above... BUT wot happens when or if your second hand HTC Desire,Xperia X10 stops working completely, after a couple of weeks/months ???

Samsung Galaxy S2 this is proper staff.

i agree, but even that is now out dated by quad core tegra 3 phone's....

BUT WE ARE TAKING ABOUT £500+ IN THAT CASE

Edited by tillaz

Guest wrtease

well its up to how much people want speed over slow speed i guess but thats a costly affair, so to all i like omc as its new and my blade is getting old so i have both worlds.. the present day is people can afford to buy costly or not depends on which suits your pocket .yes omc is a worthy mobile to upgrade from the blade as this was the question .if i had a samsung galaxy s2 then i would post on the samsung forum.

Samsung Galaxy S2 this is proper staff.

If I wanted to watch movies or play top of the range games, then I would buy a PC for half the price of a Galaxy S2 or even a laptop, the OMC is a phone that has speed and decent for normal use such as texting and running those needed apps, anything more costly wouldn't benefit my pocket. Afterall, with a Sumsung all you pay for is the name, its a rip off price to pay, I bet ZTE can make a similar device and charge no more than Samsung do.

If I wanted to watch movies or play top of the range games, then I would buy a PC for half the price of a Galaxy S2 or even a laptop, the OMC is a phone that has speed and decent for normal use such as texting and running those needed apps, anything more costly wouldn't benefit my pocket. Afterall, with a Sumsung all you pay for is the name, its a rip off price to pay, I bet ZTE can make a similar device and charge no more than Samsung do.

exactly lol for the price of a galaxy s2 you can buy a ps3, xbox 360 AND..... a OMC LOL

Guest MarcinusMarcinusus

It is not only gaming and movies.I have SGS2 ang OMC and others android devices.

This is not about how much money you spend it but for what you spend it.

It is like buying cars.You can buy new Fiat or 1 year old BMW.

Why spend it £130 for something worth not even half of it.

If you want just check email or maps buy cheap new android samsung for £60 unlocked in carphonewarehouse.

I dont think that new ZTE is better than even 3 years old Samsung or HTC or Sony.

Quality of ZTE devises is not good as proper manufacturers.

Samsung,HTC,Sony this is good spend money,if you preffer buying cheap staff you will buy only headache for yourself

Somebody will say:but i dont have money to buy Top machine.Than wait until you will have it.You will never have money if you will spend for rubbish phones.

It is not only gaming and movies.I have SGS2 ang OMC and others android devices.

If you want just check email or maps buy cheap new android samsung for £60 unlocked in carphonewarehouse.

I dont think that new ZTE is better than even 3 years old Samsung or HTC or Sony.

Samsung,HTC,Sony this is good spend money,if you preffer buying cheap staff you will buy only headache for yourself

Somebody will say:but i dont have money to buy Top machine.Than wait until you will have it.You will never have money if you will spend for rubbish phones.

can i ask why you bought the OMC if that is your opinion on ZTE phones & the fact you have a galaxy S2 ? blink.gif

EDIT: you should always Google the specs of a phone & watch reviews of it before buying, gives you a better idea if you will be happy with it, specs been the most important wink.gif

Edited by tillaz

Just a point I want to make regarding the OSF and OMC, I have both...when I first saw the OMC on the Orange website I was amazed at the spec especially the screen, I think the OMC was and still is way under priced, I got my Skate for £159.99 and that is still very much a bargain if it were still that price. On top of all the specs between the two phones there is one thing that is great about the Skate and that is the feel good/buzz factor and I still get that factor now, I didn't get that with the OSF after a month had passed. only when I bought the phone and upto a couple of weeks after purchase.

One thing that irritaed the hell out of me with the OSF was its sluggisness with responsiveness, it still does that with CM7 (the version I have is a couple of months old now though). I did expereince the same with the OMC when I first got it...however, that was because of all the bloat wear on it, a custom rom improved things noticibly and now its seem virtually non-existent with the current rom I am using.

The Skate is a really good phone and I am extremely satisfied with my purchase, however...if I hasn't bought the Skate and wanted a new phone now, I would rather get the Xperia Play over the Skate due to its spec and price, then again I don't like its bulkiness and slightly smaller screen, the Skate looks miles better though imo.

Guest MarcinusMarcinusus

can i ask why you bought the OMC if you have a galaxy S2 & if that is your opinion on ZTE phones ?????? blink.gif

I bought it OMC as my spare phone to save GS2 from dust in my work.

Will be no shame if i will scratch iyt or drop it.just cheap android.

Speaking of HTC, they are the worst phones to buy, very unreliable and the customer services is disgraceful, I have a few friends who have experienced this.

I hear what you are saying, however...I like to buy phones that have a reasonable spec (just like the skate) and experiment with it if needed, would I do that with a £500 phone?...no I wouldn't, at the end of the day I wouldn't like to be stuck with a £500 phone, its all about regrets at the end of the day if I had spent that much. I would rather upgrade every year and get that buzz factor, I don't/wouldn't like to have it in the back of my mind with the though of..."I must keep this phone for 4-5 years because I spent so much on it" because even top brands aren't quality enough, I bet if I looked after my OMC I could use it for 10 years and it would still be work as good as the first day except you will need to replace the battery.

Edited by Navie

Btw...you do realise what kind of quality these companies charge for?...they rip you off big time. Let me explain...lets say your wanting to buy a computer and comparing two computer, both computer are exactyly the same except...one is top of the range with a 3.6 GHz quad core processor and the other is a 3.4 GHz quad core processor, now the price difference of these two may be £500, do you know why?...because the 3.6 GHz is the best you can get, even though they may give the same performance, just that the 3.6 Ghz one is faster it makes no difference compared to its competitor.

So why do they charge so much?...its because it costs a price to research and develop, evenn though the manufacture price may be exactly the same, in the end its the customer who has to dig deep for nothing, its the same with phones and brands, look at the iphone4, the Galaxy S2 is far superior in terms of specs, however....yet the iphone costs more because of its reputation for innovation.

Guest MarcinusMarcinusus

Speaking of HTC, they are the worst phones to buy, very unreliable and the customer services is disgraceful, I have a few friends who have experienced this.

I hear what you are saying, however...I like to buy phones that have a reasonable spec (just like the skate) and experiment with it if needed, would I do that with a £500 phone?...no I wouldn't, at the end of the day I wouldn't like to be stuck with a £500 phone, its all about regrets at the end of the day if I had spent that much. I would rather upgrade every year and get that buzz factor, I don't/wouldn't like to have it in the back of my mind with the though of..."I must keep this phone for 4-5 years because I spent so much on it" because even top brands aren't quality enough, I bet if I looked after my OMC I could use it for 10 years and it would still be work as good as the first day except you will need to replace the battery.

I can agree with you in some cases.On OMC i have done so many things and i learn a lot.For experiments and learning is good machine but is not worth more than £60.Overpaying it is not good thinking.

Guest TouchyAndalou

The issue seems to be that you have an OMC and a SGS2. The OP was asking for comparisons between the OMC and the SF/SF2, not between a OMC and a £500+ phone. Is the OMC a better phone than the SF? Yes. Is it worth £30 more? Of course. Can it compare to a top of the range phone? No, obviously no reasonable person would expect it to.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Btw...you do realise what kind of quality these companies charge for?...they rip you off big time. Let me explain...lets say your wanting to buy a computer and comparing two computer, both computer are exactyly the same except...one is top of the range with a 3.6 GHz quad core processor and the other is a 3.4 GHz quad core processor, now the price difference of these two may be £500, do you know why?...because the 3.6 GHz is the best you can get, even though they may give the same performance, just that the 3.6 Ghz one is faster it makes no difference compared to its competitor.

So why do they charge so much?...its because it costs a price to research and develop, evenn though the manufacture price may be exactly the same, in the end its the customer who has to dig deep for nothing, its the same with phones and brands, look at the iphone4, the Galaxy S2 is far superior in terms of specs, however....yet the iphone costs more because of its reputation for innovation.

yeah, i bet they are produced at half the price they actually sell for

Guest TouchyAndalou

I can agree with you in some cases.On OMC i have done so many things and i learn a lot.For experiments and learning is good machine but is not worth more than £60.Overpaying it is not good thinking.

Name me one new phone for £60 that compares to the OMC. Just because you can get second-hand HTC's for £150 or whatever, doesn't devalue the Monte Carlo by half.

Guest wrtease

the question is it worth to move from the blade .

yes should be the answer as he has a blade . it depends on the user choosing a omc which he asked about.

the other answer should be .do you want a samsung galaxy or just a omc .so let the user choose.and wait to see what he has choosen.if its a samsung then he neeeds to post on the samsung forum.if its a omc then he can use it hear .so to sum it up lets close the top of the range stuff out .as this is the omc forum. thank you.

Not worth more than £60? :lol:

Maybe you forget to think that at £60 for a OMC that ZTE can generate lost revenue by magic. As customers we want everything very cheap, however...customers aren't always right. There is even a price paid for the £500 price of a Samsung and that comes from keeping ahead of the market with new and further improvements in their phones, it takes time + money to find out what your competitors are doing and time can only be bought with extra resources (more manpower, which means more money spent paying those employees). Do you think apple innovate just like that overnight?...no!...it requires alot of research, customer reasearch, paying those web based companies such as YouGov as an example, it doesn't come cheap and the end effect is the high price.

In conclusion, according MarcinusMarcinusus to words: There is rich people who can afford a SGS2, having an OMC for "falls" phone, and there is poor people who can afford an OMC and be happy with it.

Well, did anyone here actualy directly, side-by-side, compared the SGS to the OMC?

I did and you know what? Saw no difference except for the screen...

@OP: If you're questioning yourself about if it is worthy buying the OMC or the Blade 2 then let me ask you: Do you want a big screen? OMC FTW! :)

Cuz in the end both devices are the same, just differ on the screen size...

Edited by D3abL3

Guest john.smith

Well, my wife has a SGS2 and I used an OMC for a short while.

I had a Nexus S also and I didn't like the performance of it.

OMC fails in terms of build quality and smoothness, however running with CM7.1 has improved the performance.

SGS2 doesn't work with lots of high-end games, which is a shame given the good spec.

But OMC is a good buy now for the cheapest 4.3" you can get right now, particularly when it can be unlocked yourself.

We bought most ZTE and Huawei phones to take photos for SOFIZ.co.uk (now Casesss.com), and I can tell you Huawei does a better job overall, but then they don't have a 4.3", and their best deal is U8800/Ideos X5 with 3.8". Stock ROM sucks but MIUI rocks.

If you are having a Blade and want to upgrade to larger screen with better performance, I think U8800/IDEOS X5 is the right choice (within the same budget).

We compared the few machines several months back:

In conclusion, according MarcinusMarcinusus to words: There is rich people who can afford a SGS2, having an OMC for "falls" phone, and there is poor people who can afford an OMC and be happy with it.

Well, did anyone here actualy directly, side-by-side, compared the SGS to the OMC?

I did and you know what? Saw no difference except for the screen...

@OP: If you're questioning yourself about if it is worthy buying the OMC or the Blade 2 then let me ask you: Do you want a big screen? OMC FTW! :)

Cuz in the end both devices are the same, just differ on the screen size...