1GHz Skate

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Did this ever materialise? I'm considering buying an OMC/Skate but not sure whether to wait if there is a 1GHz one on the way.

Do huawei have a 4.3 inch phone on the way at all or is OMC still king of the budget big screeners? I could never go lower than 4.3 now.

Guest Frankish

I don't use my phone for a lot of gaming really so considering selling my gs2 and buying an OMC then pocketing the extra cash.

I don't want opinions on how silly that is or how much ill regret it although I'm not 100% set on it yet.

For the money,you can find no better bargain.

ZTE are on the ball when it comes to making good budget androids.

Also,you can overclock the skate to near 1Ghz :D

And I for one would be happy to know you have a skate.

We might get some frankish magic :D

Edited by Guest

Guest Frankish

For the money,you can find no better bargain.

ZTE are on the ball when it comes to making good budget androids.

Also,you can overclock the skate to near 1Ghz :D

And I for one would be happy to know you have a skate.

We might get some frankish magic :D

Frankish magic probably wouldn't come in the form of any themes. CM7 looks to be very stable and the theme support for that is already huge :D

Guest dadashi

Did this ever materialise? I'm considering buying an OMC/Skate but not sure whether to wait if there is a 1GHz one on the way.

Do huawei have a 4.3 inch phone on the way at all or is OMC still king of the budget big screeners? I could never go lower than 4.3 now.

Question, do you need a good camera for pictures and do you want to film HD videos...? Then stay with the SG2...

Otherwise the OMC is great for just about everything and for the current online orange shop price of £119 you get a free christmas box surprise and a good headphone set...

Guest tilal6991

I like how good the camera is but I don't NEED hd and 8mp. Are the camera stills awful?

It's fairly good - much better than the Blade but will definitely not be as good as SGS2

Guest Frankish

It's fairly good - much better than the Blade but will definitely not be as good as SGS2

Well that's fine by me then. May end up taking the plunge! Wish there was a white skate like its wp7 brother.

Guest tilal6991

i think Huawei have a couple 4.3 smarphone's coming but i cant remember there names blink.gif

They do? I'm pretty sure the vision was the only one coming up but I thought that was a 3.5"

Guest JasonLeeming

They do? I'm pretty sure the vision was the only one coming up but I thought that was a 3.5"

Nah, the Vision is a 3.7" phone, but it's pointless as far as I'm concerned, seeing as we have the Huawei U8800.

Anyway, I bought this.

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phones/Sony-Ericsson/Sony-Ericsson-XPERIA-Play-8GB-Black/3/18-Text-300-All-you-can-eat-Data-(24mths)/11540520

And it came with an official Xperia Play dock (with 3 free Gameloft games) and a case for the case. Absolute bargain.

yep, that woz the other i woz trying to think of or the edios x6....

i am sure i seen a vid on youtube of them showing off 2 phone's that where 4.3 or 4.5 huh.gif

will post if i find it lol

Edited by tillaz

Guest dadashi
Anyway, I bought this.

http://www.buymobile...4mths)/11540520

And it came with an official Xperia Play dock (with 3 free Gameloft games) and a case for the case. Absolute bargain.

that would be ok if it was keyboard coming out instead of a silly gamepad!!!!

....you dont even need gamepads anymore with acceleromoetrs in every smartphone...

I suppose thatll be the first and last of its kind, probably why its relatively cheap for what it is...another one of sonys more expensive to produce items...

Edited by dadashi

Guest Simon O

There is a 1GHz Skate already out. It's called the ZTE Warp and is available on Boost Mobile in the USA. It's a CDMA device running a 1GHz Snapdragon S2 CPU (MSM8255) with Android 2.3.5.

What ZTE need to do is bring a global version of this out. Wouldn't surprise me if they are doing :)

Guest JasonLeeming

....you dont even need gamepads anymore with acceleromoetrs in every smartphone...

I suppose thatll be the first and last of its kind, probably why its relatively cheap for what it is...another one of sonys more expensive to produce items...

That's what I thought, and I intended on selling it straight away, cause I have a ZTE Blade and a Huawei U8800, but it turns out that it's really ridiculously good. Plus, it's going to be getting Ice Cream Sandwich, so at £18 a month for AYCE, £30 cashback, free dock, 10 games, and a free case, it was an absolute steal.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

There is a U960 available in mainland China.

CPU Snapdragon S2 MSM7630 1G GPU Adreno 205 RAM 512M ROM 4G

Link is here , you may need Google Translate if you cannot read Chinese.tongue.gif

BTW Huawei Honor is awesome but only 4″ screen

Edited by xiaoyaoswim

Guest unrandomsam

Cannot see how anyone would want to play accelerometer games.

(And it works far better than on screen controls)

Plus it has a 16GB memory card thats better than any I bought for my blade (PNY Class 10 16GB / Lexar Class 6 16GB)

Bravia Engine Hack exists.

Full HD Recording.

Most things work properly i.e Audio Routing for native sip.

Perfect bluetooth implimentation.

Gorilla Glass Screen.

It has proper designed accessories for it.

Its armv7 and can clock really high if you want.

£160 sim free (Had to get £10 credit but I treat that as part of the cost).

Only thing it doesn't have is mini HDMI out.

and a way to bypass the internal dac's when playing music. (Think the old sony ericsson connector allowed this).

and it has a MIUI port which is the other negative about it.

I might get a skate if its on the orange 28 days of Christmas thing to mess around with.

(if its £80 or less like the San Francisco was last year.)

I think its Orange that specifically doesn't want armv7 budget phones. (The exception being the Huawei blaze that is ram limited).

(Both Softbank and Boost mobile have armv7 by now.)