1GHz Skate

Guest Frankish

Guest john.smith

That's a very different machine. Dual SIM (TDCDMA+WCDMA/GSM) and completely different design, and it looks like my old HTC Leo!

There is a U960 available in mainland China.

CPU Snapdragon S2 MSM7630 1G GPU Adreno 205 RAM 512M ROM 4G

Link is here , you may need Google Translate if you cannot read Chinese.tongue.gif

BTW Huawei Honor is awesome but only 4″ screen

Guest john.smith

Mind telling me the source? I know it's sold in Singapore and Malaysia for some US$300 only.

wow that huawei honor is £410... could get a S2 for that price

Guest Frankish

I actually can't shift my mint white gs2! Is 320 really too much to ask?

The spare cash will come in handy at the minute and I miss my budget handset days lol.

Guest hecatae

The spare cash will come in handy at the minute and I miss my budget handset days lol.

Thats high. 260 is current price

Guest JasonLeeming

found it cheaper here http://www.merimobil..._p/meri2814.htm wink.gif

242.70 GBP not sure if it will be free shipping world wide though

Yes it is. Merimobiles are a really good site. Free shipping on all items, but you get 5% off your first shipping, so you can pick a paid for postage and the discount will cover the shipping. I did this with the tablet I ordered from then, and it came with 5 working days.

no way is that high... i sold a iphone 4 for £420+ £5 postage (excellent condition 8 month old 16gb)

presuming its factory unlocked..

Edited by tillaz

260? Where? Ebay 350 seems the norm but then there is fees.

i would not go lower than £350... is it unlocked

my iphone 4 went on the second listing.. just be patient lol it will sell wink.gif

is it on ebay.. link?

Edited by tillaz

Guest dadashi

i am seriously thinking of getting this phone now...

hauwei have announced that the retail version will ship with a dual core 1.4 CPU & 1GB RAM & will have up to 3 days battery life! @1900mh!

Tilaz, I can buy a brand new HTC Desire HD around the corner for £230....and I am tempted.

What is that like as an alternative? Any ideas?

Or is the dual core Huwaie worth waiting for?

Actually I'd feel bad and ripped off if I had to sell my Skate and stick another £100 on top to buy another ANdroid phone which does the exact same as the omc, only a little faster...

Edited by dadashi

Guest KonstaT

There seems to be 1 GHz Skate on sale in Finland. Price 279 €

Edit: Perhaps "1 GHz" is a mistake there?

It's not on sale, it's still pre-order. It says that it is available 2011-11-30, so still couple of weeks to that. This 'ZTE Skate 4.3H Nordic' edition was also rumored in one finnish android blog. But that's what it is until we actually see one - just rumors.

Tilaz, I can buy a brand new HTC Desire HD around the corner for £230....and I am tempted.

What is that like as an alternative? Any ideas?

Or is the dual core Huwaie worth waiting for?

Actually I'd feel bad and ripped off if I had to sell my Skate and stick another £100 on top to buy another ANdroid phone which does the exact same as the omc, only a little faster...

the main reason i want this huawei honor is for 720p video recording (& probably 1080p with lg camera app + armv7)

i really miss that from my iphone 4.... it could be as cheap as £189.99 when i arrives in the uk, or even cheaper if carrier locked versions are available .

edit: & for the capacitive home buttons ect... i really dont like physical buttons on a phone

Edited by tillaz

Guest Frankish

As an sgs2 user I miss the physical buttons. Why?

When playing fruit ninja I accidentally swipe the back button!

When I want to press a button sometimes it takes two tries. Believe it or not I miss the blades buttons! The defy had pretty decent capacitive buttons though.

As an sgs2 user I miss the physical buttons. Why?

When playing fruit ninja I accidentally swipe the back button!

When I want to press a button sometimes it takes two tries. Believe it or not I miss the blades buttons! The defy had pretty decent capacitive buttons though.

yeah, i like'd the physical buttons on the blade.. but on the skate/omc they are 3 individual bits, rather than one whole bit.. if you know wot i mean lol

Guest xiaoyaoswim

How much is this phone going to cost? It looks similar to a Galaxy S2

I'm not sure how much it is going to cost. It will be definitely much cheaper than a S2, and dearer than a Skate.

There was a rumour that the price would be only around £200 in China, but who knows..

I'm not sure how much it is going to cost. It will be definitely much cheaper than a S2, and dearer than a Skate.

There was a rumour that the price would be only around £200 in China, but who knows..

According to gsmarena.com http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_u8860_honor-4197.php

Its not a duel core processor phone, its virtually the same as a Skate, but faster and a smaller screen and a better graphics processor, I guess the only reason I would get this phone is if I wanted to run games that can't run on the skate :)

According to gsmarena.com http://www.gsmarena...._honor-4197.php

Its not a duel core processor phone, its virtually the same as a Skate, but faster and a smaller screen and a better graphics processor, I guess the only reason I would get this phone is if I wanted to run games that can't run on the skate :)

huawei announced on there facebook page a couple of days ago that the retail version will ship with a dual core 1.4 cpu & 1gb ram.

for me the big difference is the 720p video recording out the box...

don't know if im just bored with the skate, but a fyew things are really annoying me about it...

its up for pre-order for £242 in most trusted places, but i think it will end up at £200

selling my OMC soon for £100 sad.gif

Edited by tillaz