Unread SMS, Missed Call Notification

Guest Special Kev

Guest Special Kev

Hi All,

Is there a 2.3 ROM available that when an SMS is received, it displays on the lockscreen 1 Unread SMS, 1 Missed Call - without installing a 3rd party app?

I've been following the ROM's since December 2010. I've gone from stock Orange 2.1 which has this notification>>FLB1-11>>GSF13-26 and currently on MMP6 which has all been fantastic.

Is this feature available on 2.2+ ROM's?

Thanks

Kev

Guest targetbsp

The latest CM7's colour the LED so you don't even have to go as far as turning on the screen to know you have missed calls and texts.

I don't know the answer to your specific question though if you still want the lockscreen doing the job.

Guest Special Kev

The latest CM7's colour the LED so you don't even have to go as far as turning on the screen to know you have missed calls and texts.

I don't know the answer to your specific question though if you still want the lockscreen doing the job.

Thanks for your time. I will look into CM7. Been shying away from it to be honest ;o)

I have been using Unread SMS Count which does the job. I just thought display a message would be a default setting. Will keep looking.

Thanks

Kev

Guest ThrashMan

The current CM7 is most excellent (to quote the great Bill S Preston Esquire).

It now shows your next calendar appointment on the lock screen but not SMS or missed call details. It would seem a logical progression for CM7 though :)

Any ROM offering this would be using a 3rd party app.

I use an app called Missed It! to display missed calls, unread sms and emails on the home screen. And then you need to get some app that allows you to place widgets in the lock screen. I use WidgetLocker which, also lets you customize your lock screen.

I hope this helped,

Arnar

Edited by Arnar

Guest zenmeyang

I got a question related to that topic: Is there a way to display missed G-Mails? I'm using SMS unread count and I know that Gmail refuses access to 3rd party programs which leads to FC of the app. Is there some kind of walkaround to fix this?

I got a question related to that topic: Is there a way to display missed G-Mails? I'm using SMS unread count and I know that Gmail refuses access to 3rd party programs which leads to FC of the app. Is there some kind of walkaround to fix this?

With Missed It! I get unread Gmails. At first it didn't work but I managed to get it working, I can't find where it was, sorry. But it was just some setting I had to toggle on for it to allow it to use gmail.

Edit: Ahh! I thought I remembered it being free, however it only costs €0,68... Missed It!

Edited by Arnar

Guest jackal-sk

It is not possible and it is really funny how Google just doesn't give a f about such basic functionality. No answers on support forums whatsoever.

Edited by jackal-sk

Guest Special Kev

The current CM7 is most excellent (to quote the great Bill S Preston Esquire).

It now shows your next calendar appointment on the lock screen but not SMS or missed call details. It would seem a logical progression for CM7 though :)

Any ROM offering this would be using a 3rd party app.

Just out of curiosity, do the 2.3 stock ROM's have the missed call/unread SMS feature?