chinese blade refuses to boot into recovery mode

Guest tompie

Hi guys,

I'm a bit of a newby to the android world, so forgive me if I ask stupid questions :P

I've managed to do quite a lot with my chinese bought blade over the past few weeks, thx to this great forum, but there is one thing I can't seem to manage: booting in recovery mode!

I've tried all possible methodes: booting with the volume down button pressed, this gave a locked phone on the white FTE screen

after all the changes I've made, he now completely refuses to boot up if I hold either one of the volume buttons..

recovery manager does work, only rebooting in recovery mode gives a locked phone on the opening icon (not the android figure, but the chinese manufactures logo i think)

lifting the battery is the only way to wake him up again.

Any idea's on what I need to do to get this to work?

THx

Tom

Guest hugobosslives

have you installed a recovery image in the recovery partition?

stock, it has a locked recovery image (which says FTM) and only lets you flash official zte updates (and there arn't many of them.....haha)

is that "FTE" suppose to be FTM? Because FTM is recovery mode before you install clockworkmod or such.

well, that's the problem, I don't get that any more, so I don't remember exactly..

I do know i managed to root it succesfully using the altered version of Z4

DOes this help?

have you installed a recovery image in the recovery partition?

stock, it has a locked recovery image (which says FTM) and only lets you flash official zte updates (and there arn't many of them.....haha)

It 's no longer stock. Rooted it succesfully with the altered version of Z4...

Superuser was on there, but never asked permission.

After rooting i installed it again, and now i do get permission requests from superuser...

4but as I said, I'm new at this...

Guest hugobosslives

It 's no longer stock. Rooted it succesfully with the altered version of Z4...

Superuser was on there, but never asked permission.

After rooting i installed it again, and now i do get permission requests from superuser...

4but as I said, I'm new at this...

just having superuser access does not mean that you have a custom recovery image.

you then have to install one.

the easiest way is to download rom manager and the app will flash it for you if you grant it root rights.

otherwise, push it across with fastboot or similar (if you know how)

once installed. it will then boot into a custom recovery image (that will let you flash roms). to use, power on with volume -

just having superuser access does not mean that you have a custom recovery image.

you then have to install one.

the easiest way is to download rom manager and the app will flash it for you if you grant it root rights.

otherwise, push it across with fastboot or similar (if you know how)

once installed. it will then boot into a custom recovery image (that will let you flash roms). to use, power on with volume -

Aah! didn't do that...

just did, and he does enter the recovery menu!!

thx buddy!

now the 100.000$ question: which rom to install?

Read here on the forum the chinese based blade only work with 2 roms, one of which is de CM7, but this seems to give poor battery life.

Maybe something containing a working appmarket...

Guest unrandomsam

Aah! didn't do that...

just did, and he does enter the recovery menu!!

thx buddy!

now the 100.000$ question: which rom to install?

Read here on the forum the chinese based blade only work with 2 roms, one of which is de CM7, but this seems to give poor battery life.

Maybe something containing a working appmarket...

Think you can use either Burstlam's 2.35 based rom or Triple Two Project (The B02 2.3.5 rom might be ok but it would be a pita for you to sort it out (need to install european cefs.mbn / oemsbl / amss.mbn with windows flasher with chinese appsboot even then you might have a fair amount of messing around.)

Think you can use either Burstlam's 2.35 based rom or Triple Two Project (The B02 2.3.5 rom might be ok but it would be a pita for you to sort it out (need to install european cefs.mbn / oemsbl / amss.mbn with windows flasher with chinese appsboot even then you might have a fair amount of messing around.)

tried the tripple two project rom as this one is based on the original rom....

doesn't work... after installing, rebooting, and then not the std bootup screen, but the silver grey android word

but that is as far as it goes. the word "shines" a while, disappears and then reappears and this cycle continues...

nothing else happens.

luckyly had made a complet backup, and managed to restored that one

wouldn't the roms for european blades work?

tried the tripple two project rom as this one is based on the original rom....

doesn't work... after installing, rebooting, and then not the std bootup screen, but the silver grey android word

but that is as far as it goes. the word "shines" a while, disappears and then reappears and this cycle continues...

nothing else happens.

luckyly had made a complet backup, and managed to restored that one

wouldn't the roms for european blades work?

just proved how much of a newby I am...

after reading about it on one of the topics, tried wiping all cashes ad restoring to factory settings before installing rom...

and now it works!!

CM7 installs, blade mix 360 (all versions) installs, even some others, but except triple two project, non off them recognises my camera.

no offense to the guys who made the tripple two rom, but is seems a bit heave for the blade to run, and doesn't have a lot off features..

Any suggestions on how I can install the correct driver for my camera when using one of the other roms?

Thx