Tutorial - Get your MAC Address if you already unlocked - NOW UP!

Guest tilal6991

How to get your mac address back after rooting even if u did not wright it down before rooting and u don't need to hook up to pc right step 1 go on market search and look for (es file explorer) install open and go to settings grant it root access and grant wright data then still in settings set home directory as (/) right go out of settings and go to (/system/etc/nv_4319.txt) open with es note editor scroll down until u find #macaddr=(your mac address) and underneath that is macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66 change this to your mac address exit save and that's it

Great, I'll give this a go, The phones not rooted to I'll have to do this first. Hopefully this will work.

Thanks

MRTH

My phone still says

"Your phone doesn't write MAC address, Please Confirm!" but I can always get wifi. Several other people have reported the same error but can get a connection. The popup is annoying, but I havn’t found a way to disable it yet.

I noticed that my pc security settings were different from the phone, so altered these to be the same, just a thought. Your apn names in Settings need to be same as the new sim card that you have put in and the Network Operators also has to show same, or select automatically. (You will know this already but worth double checking!). I just checked my nv files again and noticed that I deleted the # on my addresses, don’t know if it makes a scrap of difference. Other than that I don’t know much about routers etc as I use a dongle which seems to recognise the phone most places. Best of luck

VS5

Some food for thought here too, The problem only exists with WIFI, I'm on giffgaff so have unlimted 3g, I've hooked upto that no probs. it's not the end of the world but would like to get it sorted. I could live with the message as long as the WIFI worked after, I have tried to get BT openzone too basically, as soon as I connect it goes out of range, scans, picks it up and tries to connect again. I could be next to the router. My PC is fine in the other room. .

I've just been in the advanced settings of the WIFI settings and found out I have a MAC Address but no IP, is this normal?

Guest Ортик

Устройство не может включиться в режиме FTM, постоянно появляется зеленый робот, потом опять перезагружается и появляется зеленый робот, так происходит бесконечно(((( помогите пожлуйста!!!

Guest trueno2k

Hi all, I just have a query about .qcn files that have been created before an unlock has been performed on an Orange Monte Carlo specifically...

I'm using the latest CM7 build from tilal that has the blade "device settings" apk included (found under settings) and when I click on option to display the proximity sensor setting data, I get a empty list, no data... when I click on calibrate sensors I get a little while later through a toast popup "*** settings before calibration ***" which does make my proximity sensor work properly again during calls, but I don't understand why I can't see any data under display proximity sensor data option?...

I unlocked my OMC before knowing that I had to fix the wifi problem (where I had to hack wifi hex value on the after unlock .qcn backup)... Now I was just wondering whether I could hack the wifi hex value from a different .qcn backup which came from a different OMC before it was unlocked and restore that modified .qcn backup to my OMC and restore the wifi and whatever that might be missing from the .qcn backup from my unlocked OMC?... OR would there be no point in that because the only difference from my .qcn backup and the .qcn backup from a locked OMC is the wifi hex value?...

I originally thought to get me self another OMC grab the .qcn backup from the new OMC and hack it so that my old OMC wifi hex value is stored in the new .qcn backup from the locked OMC and use it to restore back to my unlocked OMC and hope that it restored my unlocked OMC back to similar status as when I go and restore the original .qcn backup from the new locked OMC after I unlock that OMC aswell... BUT, I now think I should be to try this method from a .qcn backup from someone who managed to create .qcn backup before unlocking their OMC to see if I'm right or wrong about my suspicion... Sorry if this sounds confusion but this is the only way I can explain in writing!...

So, would anyone kind enough to send me their .qcn backup which they created from a locked OMC please?... oh and please make sure it's not stored on those file sharing sites which are now banned because of SOPA & PIPA (which I think is just a waste of time and bull$$$$)...

I thank you in advance for the help and advice...

• 3 weeks later...

Iv'e tried this fix to get the mac address working a dozen times and it still doesn't work in wifi.Also tried the macchanger method too that didn't work iether. everything else works fine the phones unlocked with the orange original rom on it,Anyone got any ideas before i get shut and buy an htc.

How to get your mac address back after rooting even if u did not wright it down before rooting and u don't need to hook up to pc right step 1 go on market search and look for (es file explorer) install open and go to settings grant it root access and grant wright data then still in settings set home directory as (/) right go out of settings and go to (/system/etc/nv_4319.txt) open with es note editor scroll down until u find #macaddr=(your mac address) and underneath that is macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66 change this to your mac address exit save and that's it

Finaly got my wifi working had to root it then use the above method worked a treet,Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MattyK2012

Thanks for this I followed the instructions - hadn't written down the Mac code.. so tried http://www.macvendorlookup.com/ and made up a random MAC code for the vendor

using OUI of B4B362 seems to be working now.. Back to square one.. original rom, locked phone and a Mac code that doesn't belong to the phone.. but it works!

Guest Loops

Just a note on MAC addresses.

I used ES File Explorer as advised by HSO, opened my nv_ files and copied the address in the #macaddr line into the macaddr line below.

This then did not work as I had used lowercase letters (as a direct copy from the #macaddr line).

Editing the macaddr line so that the letters were in capitals was all that was required to get my wifi up and running again.

Thanks to all that have helped.

But be aware that this is not a permanent solution. Your mac will be gone as soon as you reflash rom (same or other - it makes no difference).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rexmedorum

I'm not sure about other folks here, but my WiFi MAC address is *very* similar to my bluetooth MAC address. Only a couple of hex pairs differentiate the two. Maybe we can work out how to calculate the original WiFi MAC address value, based on the bluetooth MAC address...

It would seem the last two hex pairs of the WiFi MAC are incremented by +1 each. See attached photo of my OMC. Can anyone else confirm?

This worked for me as well (it was +1 from the bluetooth) I'm very greateful you guys are nothing short of life asvers :)

By the way I just used a file manager to edit /system/etc/nv_43301b.txt and 4330b2.txt rather than QPST

• 1 month later...
Guest matovi

Nice one, son!

I have a problem , I have changed several times and also rom I changed the TPT original QPST now I set the correct port , but when you open the download software, tells me not see my phone.

As I can fix it to spike it. Qcn corrected my macaddres . ?

Sorry for my bad English.

Guest glossywhite

Okay, so back when I posted my information & hacks, I didn't have a PayPal account. One VERY kind gent bought me a topup voucher and emailed it to me :-). All I will say is this, and please do not think me greedy, but I am pretty broke:

Hi guys! Just a quick message to say that if you think my work is worth doing so, would you maybe make a small contribution via PayPal? I am unemployed, literally totally skint (£2 to my name!) and if you would like to see future hacks and projects etc, posted at more frequent intervals, I know I would be extremely grateful for anything you send... even if it's only 25p! :-)

https://www.paypal.c...G.gif:NonHosted << Donate if you wish :-)

Thanks

Edited by glossywhite

Guest zorzgeo

Hello.

I need serious HELP!

I do not wrote my WiFi MAC before rooting and clockworing so i have no more WiFi MAC.

When i do backup through QPST softvare and get xxx.qcn file opened in hex editor, just no WiFi MAC adress to search and on my phone wroted Unavailable under section Settings->About phone->Status. I have no more WiFi MAC Adress nider no Bluetooth MAC Adress :( :( :( and have nothing to Search in hex editor!!!

Could someone HELP me to return BT and WiFi MACs in my ZTE Skate???

THX

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WiiSky70

Why it says "String not Found" ?

OMG , i wish i could revert to my real stock OMC ROM , but the MAC Address isn't there , someone can help me ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Major_Day

Thanks tilal, it took a few attempts with random address', but i finally got it working, thanks for the tut.

For anybody that's interested the new Mac Address for my Blade is AE FF BE FF CE FF ,if it helps.

Fish n chips7 custom rom.

Edited by Major_Day

Guest ErCordobes

Help I'm going crazy! When I enter "11 22 33 44 55 66", the program says "tring not found"

As I can fix it? Thank you!

Guest Muloo

Help I'm going crazy! When I enter "11 22 33 44 55 66", the program says "tring not found"

As I can fix it? Thank you!

Thats normal, the '11 22 33 44 55 66' is not a mac adress

try 00:90:4C:14:43:19

Guest ErCordobes

When I open the mac adress look xvix32 11 22 33 44 55 66. When I released the mobile will change me, but that really is not.

I have installed the rom CyanogenMod you change the mac is 00:90:4 c Ahore: 14:43:19

But when change rom, I will and I have to change "11 22 33 44 55 66" by 00 90 4c 14 43 19 in system/etc/nv4319.txt. whith Es explorer

I keep my mac adress quero forever, but I will replace cuadno on my mac adress xvix32 for 11 22 33 44 55 66, says that is not block, then I can not change it.

If I look for that you say (the mine), for which the change?

Thanks, and please help if you can have!

Guest Muloo

Sorry but you english is not so good...i do not understand. Meaby edit your post and write it aldo in your own language so someone can translate it better. Sorry

• 2 months later...

A small tip on finding your original MAC address.

I got mine by logging into my DSL router, and viewing the status and dhcp logs, which showed the MAC addresses of all the clients that had connected that day. Fortunately I had been using the wifi on my ZTE Skate before I rooted it and lost it.

(I only got my wifi back by using the S2 kernel, see )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

which programs u using to write that root directory. i can root my device if needed. after unlocking my sim. on it.

thanks for all help. should i download ES explorer apk from 3rd sources ? and copy to my sd card and install via device ?

• 1 month later...

Thats normal, the '11 22 33 44 55 66' is not a mac adress

try 00:90:4C:14:43:19

I was happy with this mac adress 00:90:4C:14:43:19 for a long time. After flashing a new rom I always had to install ES File Explorer and change the mac adress manually in nv_4319.txt and this always worked. Since yesterday my wifi does not work anymore, I ignore the reasons. And I discovered that in the properties there is another, a new mac adress starting 84:74 which is different from 00:90:4C:14:43:19. But if I change the nv_4319.txt putting in the other number 84:74 etc. it does not work either. I have reinstalled different roms, even with tpt helper changing partitions, but the error remains always the same. I have also tried to install stock rom, put could not download the offline update tool which seems to be necessary. Does naybody have any suggestions how to solve this problem?

I have temporarily solved it installing Mac Adress Ghost from the market, which makes wifi working again, but does not really solve the very strange problem. Best regards and thx for your comments.

Edited by Janfri

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sparkles1966

hi everyone ,, ok firstly i used have already unlocked my omc ,,,

now my problem is i didn't see any were it written down to take a note of my mac number :(

my phone is working fine with the exception of the wifi .. my question is what do i do now as i didn't take a note of the number prior to unlock ,,

,i do have a number in the mac address box ! so were did this one come from and why is it wrong ,,,

sorry if I'm being bit thick

Edited by sparkles1966