How do I update the Market App

Guest Quickblood

Guest Quickblood

For some bloody reason Android has become infuriating lately but this new problem is the one that's really pissing me off. For some damn reason I get "error processing your purchase" on 99% of apps I tried in Honeycomb, just tried Corvus 5 and haven't experienced the same issue. I tried all the suggested fixes barring updating the market app which I just cannot figure out how to do.

Guest Quickblood

Cheers I installed 9n but not updates and Honeyice has fixed everything including the stupid screen lock problem. Cheers!

Edited by Quickblood

Guest ursulavasey

Everytime i try to download a app I get Error processing purchase. Any Ideas.

Cheers

You need to ensure that the date and time are set correctly on your tablet, as this often causes the error you describe. There is an app called clocksync which helps to keep the date and time correct.

Guest arcie31

time and date are correct at the time of trying the market. i have not downloaded the latest ice as i dont know how to get it off my sd card. there was a recovery folder prior which i used to install vegacomb but since i installed it it has gone any help gratefully acepted.

Guest ursulavasey

time and date are correct at the time of trying the market. i have not downloaded the latest ice as i dont know how to get it off my sd card. there was a recovery folder prior which i used to install vegacomb but since i installed it it has gone any help gratefully acepted.

This is easy (when you know how)! Press the power button and you will get a list of options, including reboot, power off, etc. In that list there is an option that says "recovery". Select that, and your tablet will go to a black, backlit screen. Press power again, and hold it until the recovery screen comes on. From there, you can flash the update. As it is an update, not a full rom, you can simply install from zip - you don't need to wipe caches and user data. Simply install the update, reboot and you are good to go.