Calling richardmlea or other Advent Hardware experts

Guest amh181276

Guest amh181276

I need some assitance and guidance if you can help with an issue I have with my Vega.

I have an issue whereby when it is first switched on the touch screen does not work very well at all. If it is left on for a period of time (no quite sure exactly at present how long), but lets say leave it 10mins the touch screen works as good as new.

Can you offer any suggests as to what this could be related too? And what items maybe faulty or need time to warm if for the lack of another way of describing it.

All help greatly appeciated.

Thanks

Al

Edited by amh181276

Guest Valjean

Hello,

I am not what you could call an expert, but hope this to be useful.

I suppose your ROM is Vegacomb 3.2, as I could see it beneath your alias. I have this ROM also and working fine. I,ve read somewhere that this ROM callibrates the screen each time you boot your tablet. For this reason, it is very important not to touch the tactile panel at all while Android is booting, because this would miscallibrate it.

Then, try to boot your tablet maintaing it in a plain surface and without touching it during the boot, and .... cross your fingers.

Regards.

Valjean

Guest amh181276

'Valjean'

Thanks for the reply although I don't think this is the issue. The calibration is fine once it has been on for a while, it is just on from cold it is aweful. It just takes time before it works 100% again from cold.

This is the same evrytime.

If it goes to sleep and switched back on it will be OK also.

To add a little more info as I am recently informed myself, I am not too sure if something may have got damaged when it was sat on a desk lamp shade whilst on charge. The lamp got switched on with the vega not being taken off it :-(

It was on for maybe 2 hours with the vega on top heating up :-(. The missus is very apologetic.

It seems hardware related as only since this time has the issue occured. Whatever it is just takes time for the calibration to be working 100% from cold.

Any ideas what this could be??

Guest Solidare

Hi guys,

I had been experiencing similar issues with my Vega of late. The screen would generally be unresponsive after being on standby overnight and could take a while before it became usable again. Al, are you using any of the Honey Ice updates for 3.2? I found that the issue only occurred after I’d applied the 3.2.5x2 update directly over 3.2 9n update 3 (if I’d read the post properly I would have seen that the updates need to be done on top of each other. Consequently, I was missing a few things including the battery calibration app).

Having now updated with all updates sequentially the issue seems to have gone (still early days mind - need a few more days to be sure). Although I’m no expert, my initial feeling is that it had something to do with the wifi drivers; if i could manage to turn the wifi off it seemed to speed up the screen recovery time. Like i said, just a guess and I’m sure someone can tell me why I’m talking complete waffle. Anywho, just thought this might help get you a step closer to solving the issue.

Good Luck

Guest amh181276

Solidare

I hadn't bothered yet with any of the Honey Ice updates and am still running base update 3.

I have however tried reloading this rom, but the same issue.

Maybe i'll try the Honey Ice updates just to rule it out. I hadn't bothered with them until now as no fix for the FC Browser and ICS hopefully coming soon :-)

Guest richardmlea

I am thinking the problem lies in bonding of the touchscreen to the case. The problem seems to be related to heat of both the vega and the enviroment its being used in. I read a post the other day from someone that went to Mexico on holiday and the touchscreen became unusable. Al's problems started when he left it on a lamp. And lots of people have had issues with vegacomb and the touchscreen. As vegacomb is making use of hardware acceleration it makes the vega run much hotter (you must have noticed this). I think heat or cooling after being heated is making the touchscreen come unstuck. My reason for thinking this is when its happening if I squeeze my vega the problem dissapears.

Guest mrz_hun

I had the same issue with my device.

After a couple of weeks after I got it, the touch screen became worse and worse. I thought it was related to VegaComb 3.2, but it later turned out to be a HW issue.

In the beginning a restart would solve it. In the end nothing would solve it. It even appeared after I went back to the stock POV ROM.

The right 3-4 cm-s of the screen worked OK, but anywhere else I touched it didn't sense it, or it sensed touch on the very right side in the same row.

The shop had 2 yrs warranty, so I took it back to the shop for servicing. After a bit more than 2 weeks, they gave me a new POV.

I suggest you take it back for a replacement or refund.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest richardmlea

Hi all, I am working on a DIY fix for this problem at the moment. I have a smashed but functional Touchscreen to experiment with and I will post details in the next couple of days. I am working on a few things at the moment but I will do a full how to as soon as I have time.

Take is easy,

Richard