Dell XCD Stock Rom 2.2 | Flashing

Guest Arjun Mahajan

Guest Arjun Mahajan

I just flashed my dell XCD yesterday with that Custom Rom cyanogenmod 7 stable release . But i found so many problems with that. I want to revert back to my Orignal Dell XCD 2.2 froyo . Lost my orignal Rom backup . So anyone can provide me with orignal Rom and how to flash with that orignal rom. saw so many forms . i m bit confused. So if anybody can help , it will be a great pleasure :)

As ThePain gave the files, i flashed the files via CWM recovery and now my fone just boot and just stuck on Boot animation image of Dell . And now when i try to go to recovery mode by that volume method then it just show FTM word on screen :P

Edited by Arjun Mahajan

Guest ThePain

I just flashed my dell XCD yesterday with that Custom Rom cyanogenmod 7 stable release . But i found so many problems with that. I want to revert back to my Orignal Dell XCD 2.2 froyo . Lost my orignal Rom backup . So anyone can provide me with orignal Rom and how to flash with that orignal rom. saw so many forms . i m bit confused. So if anybody can help , it will be a great pleasure :)

I tried the Dell XCD35 Froyo 2.2 (GEN2) - Signed from the link below. Works Great to return back to factory settings.

http://android.modac...16#entry1708216

In case you have wiped out your original splash screen use the file below through CWM Recovery. Do this before flashing the ROM above as it restores the factory recovery and removes CWM Recovery from the phone.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KUQCK837

Cheers!

Edited by ThePain

Guest ThePain

Anyone can help please ? :-s . Its urgent :-s

Hi,

Assuming you have Clockworkmod Recovery installed and the dell rom (from the link earlier) on your SDcard .

Boot into recovery and wipe the following for an ultra clean install (credit to rockstarzzz):

Under advanced:

Dalvik cache

Under mount and storage:

Format /system

Format /cache

Format /data

Format /boot

Under main menu

wipe user data

wipe cache

Click on Install zip from SDCard

Choose the dell rom zip from the link provided earlier.

Confirm the install.

Once its done. Reboot and ur done.

Guest ThePain

Brother now when i am trying to enter recovery mode. its just showing a FTM word :P . No CWM recovery :P

Root your phone using z4root

install rom manager from market

Use it to flash CWM recovery

Reboot in recovery and flash the dell rom/blademix 360 or any other rom of your choice

Guest ThePain

Brother fone just get stuck on the dell logo when its booting :P .

Sorry.. Just read your edited first post now. Can you provide the steps you performed post installing Cyanogenmod7 ?

I flashed the same dell rom on a friends phone recently and it worked just fine.

Edited by ThePain

Guest Arjun Mahajan

I just installed that Cyanogenmod nd that 2.3 adnroid version via this TUT : http://wiki.cyanogen...ing_CyanogenMod . Via recovery method.

But there were some problems with that like Screen gets off during call etc. So i thought to recover to previous version via recovery but failed nd lost my Backup. So then again installed that 2.3 . and then u gave that link of stock rom

so i just installed it through recovery but just wiped that data nd cache under main menu and installed that rom.

After that rebooted . From then its just geting stuck on that Dell Boot screen :P . And there so no clockwork recovery :P

and yeah installed that orignal splash screen before installing rom.

Edited by Arjun Mahajan

Guest ThePain

I just installed that Cyanogenmod nd that 2.3 adnroid version via this TUT : http://wiki.cyanogen...ing_CyanogenMod . Via recovery method.

But there were some problems with that like Screen gets off during call etc. So i thought to recover to previous version via recovery but failed nd lost my Backup. So then again installed that 2.3 . and then u gave that link of stock rom

so i just installed it through recovery but just wiped that data nd cache under main menu and installed that rom.

After that rebooted . From then its just geting stuck on that Dell Boot screen :P . And there so no clockwork recovery :P

Very strange as this rom worked fine when i tried it. However if i were you, this is what look at doing next (assuming you are able to copy files to your phones SDcard).

However, only suggesting this as my knowledge on this is limited and i am unaware of any other method that would work at this stage. Hopefully other members will pitch in with a solution soon.

If not, as a last resort, you could take your phone in to a dell service center and tell them its not booting up post the splash screen. Plz remove/format your sdcard before you do so as im assumng its the only thing that contains evidence that you played around with your phone :rolleyes: .

Guest karthiknr

I tried the Dell XCD35 Froyo 2.2 (GEN2) - Signed from the link below. Works Great to return back to factory settings.

http://android.modac...16#entry1708216

In case you have wiped out your original splash screen use the file below through CWM Recovery. Do this before flashing the ROM above as it restores the factory recovery and removes CWM Recovery from the

Cheers!

I need help regarding the splash screen and reverting back to stock.

When i boot,a green android logo followed by the dell logo and then the dell animation appear.

How do i make the green android logo go away?

Secondly what all should i format in CWM to make my phone stock??

Thanks in advance.

Guest Ultra-blade

Dude.. I think still there is a chance to fix .

First thing is to get back CWM through windows using the ADB method. I have tried this & surely work in your case as well.mellow.gif

If you have SDK, ADB, Fastboot in your PC, then "Wbaw" method will help you get back on Track. I have seen it in XDA - thread # - 1319257.

I am not sure if I can post the links to other sites.

Guest karthiknr

As ThePain gave the files, i flashed the files via CWM recovery and now my fone just boot and just stuck on Boot animation image of Dell . And now when i try to go to recovery mode by that volume method then it just show FTM word on screen :P

Follow the following TPT procedure to do it.

http://android.modaco.com/topic/339048-guide-flashing-firmware-to-bladelibra-via-windows/

Choose the Stock Gen2 layout and choose the 5.0.2.0 Clockwork Recovery. Follow the steps properly and you'll be fine. I tried and it worked for me. smile.gif

Guest Arjun Mahajan

Dude i fixed it on that day itself by TPT method only . Thanks to ThePain .

And you can remove that green android logo by flashing this file in ur CMW recovery .

The Green android is cos the TPT overwrites your original splash screen. Use the file below and flash from clockwork and the original dell logo will return. As good as new. Glad to know your phone is sorted now.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KUQCK837

Follow the following TPT procedure to do it.

http://android.modac...ra-via-windows/

Choose the Stock Gen2 layout and choose the 5.0.2.0 Clockwork Recovery. Follow the steps properly and you'll be fine. I tried and it worked for me. smile.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest tithackrishabh

hey can u help i want to get stock recovery back on dell xcd 35 .

Guest Arjun Mahajan

Read The posts by ThePain, he gave the stock rom of Dell xcd and steps how to flash it. Try doing so. If u get stuck then ask :)

hey can u help i want to get stock recovery back on dell xcd 35 .