Does it have usb-host(otg)?

Guest vadimko

Guest vadimko

Can you tell me, does Samsung Galaxy Nexus have usb-host? Google says that you can connect keyboards, mouses etc. But not any word about usb flash drives. Paul, does SGN can recognise any flash drives like it can do Galaxy S2?

Thank you in advance.

Guest Epedemic

is it only your supposition? or you have already checked this?

I tried it with my OTG cable from my Xoom. Plugged in a flash drive and nothing happened... Did not show up in astro either.

Guest vadimko

I tried it with my OTG cable from my Xoom. Plugged in a flash drive and nothing happened... Did not show up in astro either.

did you turn on "usb debugging" function?

It's very interesting what Paul can say about this absent function. can it be enabled, such as in the xoom (i've heard this function did not work on xoom before)

Guest vadimko

There's an article over on AndroidPolice regarding USB host mode and storage info with one of the Google Engineer.

Link

thank you. but I'm already read this.

as it says at the link above:

"What we will probably do eventually is add an import/export concept to removable storage. So the Camera will always save to internal-16GB, and when you pop in an SD card (or insert a thumb drive on USB host devices) you can start a migration or import/export dialog."

Am I right that there is no ability to connect usb flash drives for now on this device? Sorry, English is not my native language so I could make a mistake while translate this article.

Explain to me please. usb-host for usb flash devices present or not?

Thank you in advance.

Guest drewstiff

Might not be relevant but in the "Quick Start" guide that came iwth my GN, it names the microUSB port as a "multifunction jack" rather than just calling it microUSB - suggests there might be a few uses for it...?

Might not be relevant but in the "Quick Start" guide that came iwth my GN, it names the microUSB port as a "multifunction jack" rather than just calling it microUSB - suggests there might be a few uses for it...?

Yeah, it also doubles as a MHL port (Basically HDMI over USB)

Guest Firasco

Yeah, it also doubles as a MHL port (Basically HDMI over USB)

Does anyone know where I can buy such an adaptor? Will the adaptor made for the Galaxy S2 work for the Galaxy Nexus?

Would be great to be able to share screen to HDMI

Guest vadimko

Does anyone know where I can buy such an adaptor? Will the adaptor made for the Galaxy S2 work for the Galaxy Nexus?

Would be great to be able to share screen to HDMI

as for now mhl doesn't work on GN. at least nobody from xda couldn't make it work.

Guest SilentMobius

Just got my USB stick mounted on GN.

Could you give us some details on hot you kicked your GN into host-mode? The rest I can figure out, but that start would be really useful.

Guest SilentMobius

My custom kernel.

P

Bum, given the Googler tweets about using USB gamepads I was expecting that to all just work once we figured out how to kick it off. does your kernel hard-set host mode or is is switchable at runtime? I'm curious as to what was needed in the kernel, just config changes or actual porting of code from some of your previous projects?

Bum, given the Googler tweets about using USB gamepads I was expecting that to all just work once we figured out how to kick it off. does your kernel hard-set host mode or is is switchable at runtime? I'm curious as to what was needed in the kernel, just config changes or actual porting of code from some of your previous projects?

Sounds like Google just forgot to set the flag when they compiled the kernel, probably just an oversight that will be fixed in their next update.