13 Dec r4: Auto backlight levels patch (2 step)

Guest PaulOBrien

This is now included in my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus - details.

Here's something i'm testing on my GN that I thought i'd share. I personally find the auto backlight levels a bit low, so i've tweaked them a bit. This is very much in TEST phase, let me know how you find it and if it improves things for you. This is for expert users only at this stage, install via ClockworkMod recovery.

This is tested on devices running the ITL41D / ITL41F ROMs.

Update: There is now 2 different files with 2 steps of brightness increase!

• r4 step 1 - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: c1cb4ffd4d4fe17a17d48483e5dbfb4d
  • r4 step 2 - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 7ba5a060ffb0aab74620533fd5708cfd

P

Guest Stretlow

res/values/arrays.xml, the backlight values in there.

P

Will this be developed further for "non expert" users, im completely with you mate the levels are too and wouldnt mind changing it on mine

Guest Celeborn81

I think there might be something wrong with the filesonic link. Tried it several times now and after waiting to start the download, it just says "file not found".

Other filesonic downloads have worked great so far!

Thanks for the great work! :)

I think there might be something wrong with the filesonic link. Tried it several times now and after waiting to start the download, it just says "file not found".

Other filesonic downloads have worked great so far!

Thanks for the great work! :)

Just downloaded it OK?

P

Guest BigBlue007

Paul, could you write a little tutorial how to tweak this at home? Your alterations are an improvement, but I personally would lighten up the values a lot more, but don't want to switch off auto-brightness. So I'd like to play around with the values myself, just need to know how.

TIA!

edit: As already said in the MCR thread, the fix seems to be missing from MCR r4.

Edited by BigBlue007

Guest montalbert

I get an installation aborted for this:

-- installing: /sdcard/dropbox/Public/r4-galaxynexus-autobacklightpatch-step1.zip

Finding update package...

I:Update location: /sdcard/dropbox/Public/r4-galaxynexus-autobacklightpatch-step1.zip

I: using /data/media, no /sdcard found.

Opening update package....

Installling update....

Installation aborted.

md5 sum is correct and matches that given above- is this an update zip error or a CWM error?

thanks

I get an installation aborted for this:

-- installing: /sdcard/dropbox/Public/r4-galaxynexus-autobacklightpatch-step1.zip

Finding update package...

I:Update location: /sdcard/dropbox/Public/r4-galaxynexus-autobacklightpatch-step1.zip

I: using /data/media, no /sdcard found.

Opening update package....

Installling update....

Installation aborted.

md5 sum is correct and matches that given above- is this an update zip error or a CWM error?

thanks

Getting the same.

Guest montalbert

Getting the same.

apparently its just too many folders inside- someone on xda figured it out... check there for what they did if you cant wait for Paul to fix it (I just flashed a clean kitchen build with this in it)