Who repaired google market ?

Guest IanTurner

Guest IanTurner

Tried buying Adobe touch photo this morning not expecting this to work and it processed my payment !!!!

Investigated my account which has gone from nothing of interest here to listing my vega under both modaco r8 as it was originally and vegacomb !!! (Note this was via the browser interface so it's nothing to do with he vega).

So either

a. they relaxed licence requirements or

b. they fixed a fault in their database systems which is more likely <_<

On the downside it raised an error claiming that I had insufficient space to download a 37.8mb app even with 166mb of available space onboard and GBs on the sdcard !!!!

Indications are this is a problem with the market app and the only solution is to revert to an earlier version (or possibly reinstall modaco r8 and backup I guess ho hum)

Hmm r8 won't work as market says it's incompatible with touch so it will no doubt throw another error arrrrggghh :angry:

Edited by IanTurner

Tried buying Adobe touch photo this morning not expecting this to work and it processed my payment !!!!

Investigated my account which has gone from nothing of interest here to listing my vega under both modaco r8 as it was originally and vegacomb !!! (Note this was via the browser interface so it's nothing to do with he vega).

So either

a. they relaxed licence requirements or

b. they fixed a fault in their database systems which is more likely <_<

On the downside it raised an error claiming that I had insufficient space to download a 37.8mb app even with 166mb of available space onboard and GBs on the sdcard !!!!

Indications are this is a problem with the market app and the only solution is to revert to an earlier version (or possibly reinstall modaco r8 and backup I guess ho hum)

Hmm r8 won't work as market says it's incompatible with touch so it will no doubt throw another error arrrrggghh :angry:

the cache parition is 30mb that is the problem. you can fix with 2 apps. terminal emulator and root explorer.

In terminal emulator type

su

umount /cache

In root explorer

long press on cache - delete

go into /data folder

top right icon - create new folder - cache

long press on new cache folder - link folder to

go back a level and click link folder

done

Edited by Guest

I've had the same experience!

On the web browser version of the Android App Store - my Vega has come back (yay!).

I tried to download "Guerrilla Bob Lite THD" and the insufficient space comes up.

Found the Terminal Emulator fine, could only find a paid app version for "RootExplorer" - is there a free alternative?

Guest Solidare

Hey guys,

Scumball's solution does work, however it is only temporary until a reboot. You need to try the market after the symlink has been created and before a reboot.

You don't even really need root explorer as the same can be accomplished using the terminal emulator.

su

mount -o rw,remount -t rootfs /

umount /cache

rmdir /cache

mkdir /data/cache

ln -s /data/cache /cache

i've made a small script that can be used with gscript lite (free from the market) which will save the need to type out the commands. You can even create a shortcut on the desktop that runs the script for whenever you need to update large apps or download new ones.

Hopefully this is of help and maybe someone will come up with a more permanent solution.

market_symlink.sh >> cache to /data on device

market_symlink(sdcard).sh >> cache to sdcard

Cheers

**Edit**

The script also works well with ScriptManager. If you set it to 'Run as Root' and 'Run at Boot' you should no longer have any problems downloading large apps.

Edited by Solidare

I just get "Permission denied" when I try the CU command.

I'm running VegaComb v8.1 - which I thought was rooted, but do you have to enable the root beforehand?

Puzzled.com :blink:

-- EDIT --

Doh, been typing CU and not SU - sorry (I am a noob at Android/Unix stuff) :lol:

Edited by Istu

aah okay that worked or at least scumballs solution did.

rmdir /cache failed with read only error.

the new version of honey ice update at tabletroms will fix the cache size when its released.