Which ROM?

Guest kkid106

Guest kkid106

I have a ZTE Blade Gen1, what ROM should I install?

The only ROM I know about is cyanogen, but do I need gen2 for that?

ideally, i want a fast ROM as my phone i very slow. Thanks

Guest deksman2

Well, if you want one of the latest custom roms that are reliable and fast, then I would definitely recommend you search this forum for TPT method that will switch your phone from Gen1 to Gen2 (because most ROMS are made for Gen2 these days and it adds some minor things that Gen1 didn't have apparently).

Once you do that, you could look into Moldovan Mile High Rom which is supposedly VERY nicely done version of Gingerbread (I hadn't tried it myself, but the posts seem to indicate it's really nicely done) - and it has an ICS theme available for separate download.

Another option would be the Blade 360Mix (you can pick from desired selections, but I am currently using the LP Pro and my experience has been really good thus far).

Cyanogen appears to be slightly heavy still... and while it was improved somewhat in terms of battery life, I think it still lags behind in that particular department compared to the other two Roms I mentioned.

Finally, I just checked and it would seem that Moldovan Mile High ROM seems to be compatible with Gen1.

I would in that case recommend you first install ClockworkMod onto your ZTE Blade, do a full wipe (you can find details in this forum) and then flash Moldovan's ROM, see how you like it, and if you do, you could consider upgrading to Gen2 and then flashing Moldovan's ROM again, or do another one.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Cyanogen user, if you game, use Cm7 xD

Though it is a good idea to start out with the other Gingerbread ROM's first as sometimes there are a few little bugs in Cm and you don't want something too complex first (Cm is highly customizable)

I dont think battery on Cm is bad at all, mine still lasts a few days of light use, but some people do have issues, probably not Cm related.

Guest birdibird

Yeah...

The later CM7 nightlys are really nice.

But im curios about the new negaraku (or whatever its called) rom.

the new negaraku rom is amazing. I find it more snappy than the moldovan!

Guest punjabi

Hi all

Following on from the previous replies I am in the same situation as the starter of this thread. I have bought a bleared recently six months to be honest and was looking for the most stable with excellent/ reliable battery life Although performance would definitely be a bonus as I wouldn't want my new ROM to lag behind like my previous 2.1 stock.

I've seen on some other forums on Modaco that there is a stock gingerbread ROM 2.3.5 available is this true?

ANY IDEAS GUYS?

Guest timfimjim

Hi all

Following on from the previous replies I am in the same situation as the starter of this thread. I have bought a bleared recently six months to be honest and was looking for the most stable with excellent/ reliable battery life Although performance would definitely be a bonus as I wouldn't want my new ROM to lag behind like my previous 2.1 stock.

I've seen on some other forums on Modaco that there is a stock gingerbread ROM 2.3.5 available is this true?

ANY IDEAS GUYS?

There are a few 2.3.5 ROMs around now, yeah.

CM7 is the best for customisation.

For a beginner though, I would recommend Negaraku. It's 2.3.5 Gingerbread. It's so fast and there are (in my opinion) no problems with it at all. Great performance (don't bother with overclocking there's no need) and super battery life. I don't really think there's anything else worth it until a decent ICS comes to the blade.

http://android.modaco.com/topic/348090-25th-nov-2011rombladeginger-negaraku-rls24-gen1-gen2/page__st__100__p__1853937__fromsearch__1#entry1853937

Guest n4y4nrules

Try Fish'N'Chips if you want :)

It's only a RLS1 atm but is VERY fast, VERY clean AND economical on juice consumption. :P

Please note: [GEN2]

Edited by n4y4nrules