[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest chrislarabi

@ Tilal. Thanks for your work.

Hello to everybody, i have a question: Is it normal for the camera to stay black when trying to shoot a picture? I follow all steps as describe, but when i want to take a picture, the screen of the camera stay black, but the camera take the picture; It is not possible from the screen to look what i'm shooting. May be somewone can help me. Thx in advance.

Edited by chrislarabi

Guest sergeant_tito

i have some camera issue... when the app starts i get black screen but it captures photos correctly...anything that comes to your mind guysunsure.gif

Guest Gerycard

Sorry, I have to travel abroad today afternoon and i need my phone so i restored the cm7 backup, but when i get home i will reflash the ICS and post the logcat.

Anyway, thanks the help!

i have some camera issue... when the app starts i get black screen but it captures photos correctly...anything that comes to your mind guysunsure.gif

Yeah, it's a known bug, no liveview. :)

Edited by Gerycard

Guest zycro

That would make sense. ZTE seems to use different components depending on the country the phone is being sold in.

I think it's not country dependent, 'cos my skate is from t-mobile hungary, and my camera can take pictures...

Guest 290373m

I have done everything as supposed to. The first start went well. After i installed the gapps my phone is stuck at the "android icon (man)"

Have i done anything wrong? Any help appreciated. TIA

Guest rangeoshun

Hi!

Great update! Smoother then ever. The battery's a lot better. It went -15% over night, that's roughly 10 hours in this case, so it's working well now! No reboots for me 'till now, on 940Mhz. Gradients (like end of scroll gradients) are looking smooth.

The only bugs I encountered, were the browser w/ it's artifacts, and kind of slowness displaying a page, but from there it works, and the gallery.

Over all huge improvement! Thanx!

By the way whats up with GPU OC? Is there a menu, or is it bilt in in the CPU OC?

Cheers!

+ PSX Emulator light doesn't work. I can't play diablo now .. but AndDOSBox works, so I'll play Dune2 instead :D

++ AnDOSBox can't handle forced GPU usage :(

Edited by rangeoshun

Guest timfimjim

This is a very known issue - the camera doesn't yet have preview working.

Guest dt_matthews

Hi, i have big problem. Wifi does not work. Trying to connect but then type: The network has a weak signal. What can I do?

The wifi is working fine - is something interfering with the signal perhaps?

Guest dt_matthews

Browser is still laggy for me. What's wrong with me?

// crying.

what about a different browser? Im using opera mini next and its very speedy on the current build

Guest PedroVader

what about a different browser? Im using opera mini next and its very speedy on the current build

Boat browser is pretty good, don't like opera's interface all that much, browser seems fine to me, I've wound the cpu up to 844 given it a bit of a boost :D

Guest apofizek
The wifi is working fine - is something interfering with the signal perhaps?

Signal is very good.I was at the source but when it tries to connect the signal is lost.

Guest Andymac1969

I have one reboot, but my main thing is, has anyone get TTS working? On Google Maps, it works then it doesn't etc, is this linked to the voice search not working?

Andrew

Guest plegdroid

I've had one reboot pressing the back button just after flashed the new build, but seems settled now, battery life excellent, will post with any issues other than already mentioned. superb,thank you, :)

Guest timfimjim

In settings / storage I think external storage is labelled as internal... Very small problem though. Everything else seems very fast and bugless, really enjoying it.

Edit: attached screenshot. The 2nd internal storage is actually the SD card, so should be external :D

post-887706-0-82245200-1331400655_thumb.

Edited by timfimjim

Guest tilal6991

@bug (I think) the status bar pulls down on lockscreen. ICS or bug?

ICS - it's a feature lol. Security wise it doesn't pull down if you have a pattern, PIN etc.

Guest razzmataz1478

ICS - it's a feature lol. Security wise it doesn't pull down if you have a pattern, PIN etc.

Ah right, quite a good feature actually.