[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest PedroVader

Almost right, ive cut out the bits you dont need - this worked for me:

...so I already have this Rom installed (but without wifi/gapps) ....should I now do is this?????????:

1) Copy new Wifi ZIP & new GAPPS zip on to SD Card

2) Reboot phone to Clockworkmod and Backup

3) Wipe Factory + cache + dalvik

4) Install ROM AGAIN from Zip

6) Wipe Factory

7) Install WIFI from Zip

10) Install GAPPS from Zip

11) Reboot and Load and GAPPS should work?............

I think above is what I need to do but I'm new to this and don't want to brick my phone.

Can someone please confirm if above list is correct?

Guest skateon

The correct list is on the first post.

Thanks tilal but your list says:

• ROM
  • WiFi Fix
  • Wipe data
  • Google Apps
  • Reboot

Which is correct of course but for someone new like me its difficult to understand which steps "in between" I need to do. sad.gif

But thanks for your help, I imagine your really busy..

Almost right, ive cut out the bits you dont need - this worked for me:

Thanks PedroVader, I thought I may have had a few too many steps in there. I will now attempt your recommendation smile.gif

Guest skateon

............thanks everyone! I now have Apps + Market cool.gif

I'm very happy with this ROM so far - it looks fantastic. Having been playing round with it though I have noticed the following don't work which I am not complaining about. But just so everyone knows before they install but I'm sure is being worked on by tilal who has already worked very hard so thanks.

Not Working / Issues:

• No Camera / Gallery (biggest problem left to fix)
  • No Live Wallpapers
  • Home Button Hold Works (brings up new cool task list) but the images are upside down

Thanks again to Tilal for bringing Ice Cream Sandwich to our Skates woohoo!!! smile.gif

Guest tilal6991
Not tried latest builds but my home button never worked for a single press but did for long press!

Could someone with the problem please post a logcat from the start of booting.

Guest victormun

Tested the WiFi Fix. Works flawless. And I also managed to allocate the exact reason of the reboots: the radio! Whenever it tries to connect to the Mobile Service Provider, it restarts. The bug (and the fix!) must to be somewhere there. Mainly because I'm able to navigate through everything, install apks, run them without even FC'ing in Airplane mode.

EDIT: My home key works without any trouble.

Edited by victormun

My home key also works as it should, but if the ones having this issue could please try my suggestion would be helpful.

/system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl and @ line 124 change "MOVE_HOME" to "HOME" and try Home key please.

I wonder if those that have home key issues are removing stuff before flashing ?

The reason I say this is because it has happened to me several times,but only when removing apps before flash.

What app is responsible I do not know.

Guest PedroVader

That's it! This is staying on!!

Apart from the known bugs, I can't find anything to report that's a deal breaker, although I would like caps lock to work, and the wifi indicator to be more visible.

Biggest thing for me is the battery life, I honestly don't know whether its part of ICS optimization or something tilal has done, but this is the most economical rom I've had on my skate by far.

I'm sure tilal will crack the other issues in time, but for now it works well enough for me.

Well done young man, well done!!

Sent from my ICS Skate using Tapatalk

hi!! nice work!!! it´s growing very quickly!! thank you!!!

willl be nice if you can post somo pictures about the ROM,

there are some bugs in cm7 nigthlys, meaby you can fix in this version, each time that you turn off the ZTE you lost your sync in the contacts list with facebook, twitter and others social net, will be nice if you can that these apps dont sing out when reboot the device.

in the other hand, do you know when we can use the camera?

and a question of a nooby, how i can save my actual ROM, configuration and downloaded app´s.

if we have the cm7 nigthly how do the flash?

thanks for all.

greats

Guest PedroVader
To get caps lock double tap shift key.

I have no problem with using TB to restore anything...

Doh! Wasn't pressing quick enough, wot a Muppet eh!

Have just discovered that maps aren't working, and I could really do with more space. Darktremors won't work either through terminal or adb, adb reports kernel doesn't support ext3, and generates an error if I request ext2 and ext4.

Tried link2sd, but again partition doesn't mount on boot.

Still tasty though ;-)

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Guest PedroVader
hi!! nice work!!! it´s growing very quickly!! thank you!!!

willl be nice if you can post somo pictures about the ROM,

there are some bugs in cm7 nigthlys, meaby you can fix in this version, each time that you turn off the ZTE you lost your sync in the contacts list with facebook, twitter and others social net, will be nice if you can that these apps dont sing out when reboot the device.

in the other hand, do you know when we can use the camera?

and a question of a nooby, how i can save my actual ROM, configuration and downloaded app´s.

if we have the cm7 nigthly how do the flash?

thanks for all.

greats

All the info you need on backups, etc. is stickied on the first page of the forum, I tend to use androzip for app backup, as there's rarely that much data to backup that isn't already stored to my google account, it's included with the atomic and bluemonte roms, and in the market too.

have a few screens to whet your appetiterolleyes.gif

post-785654-0-06582600-1324216899_thumb.post-785654-0-70366200-1324216912_thumb.post-785654-0-86450800-1324216911_thumb.post-785654-0-00564400-1324216911_thumb.post-785654-0-84774400-1324216909_thumb.post-785654-0-16393800-1324216908_thumb.post-785654-0-28685200-1324216907_thumb.post-785654-0-97411000-1324216903_thumb.post-785654-0-01162500-1324216901_thumb.

i install the ROM in the same order that the first post, and i have a problem, the system ask me if i want turn on the USB massive storage toggle, and then start the animation of the blues square, and then como back to the ask of USM, it´s like a bucle. i cant do anything. please help!!

Guest weaversbrook

Good rom but wont connect to computer debugging on ect is there something I an missing?? toggled between blue and red for usb storage still no good. cheers

Guest Atomix86

Reinstalled this rom using the new small gapps package and works a treat when overclocked to 960mhz. Also for some reason my home key now works lol but as stated before when viewing the multitasking menu the pics are upside down.

Guest PedroVader

Good rom but wont connect to computer debugging on ect is there something I an missing?? toggled between blue and red for usb storage still no good. cheers

You need to enable USB debugging in the development menu, then adb and everything else should work fine.

I'm away from my laptop now, so can't check, not sure if having debugging on is stopping mass storage working properly, I'll check that later, as mine wasn't showing up as a removable disk either.

Sent from my ICS Skate