[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Atomix86
Would super smooth graphics mean the rom is fully up to speed same as a gingerbread rom?

Also when I flashed the gapps from first post they never worked...maybe a bad download but they flash just never show up!

The gapps in first post is broken, you need to use the smaller package a few posts back.

Edited by Atomix86

Guest elcerqua

It always flash, and only one or two minutes I can see the screen, which step had I done wrongly???

and USB Mass Storage toggle, cannot enable.

I have the same problem. No way to stop the reboting :(((

Guest elcerqua

i install the ROM in the same order that the first post, and i have a problem, the system ask me if i want turn on the USB massive storage toggle, and then start the animation of the blues square, and then como back to the ask of USM, it´s like a bucle. i cant do anything. please help!!

Guest victormun

If you're quick to set "Airplane mode ON", you'll be able to use the ROM... but without mobile network, though.

If you're quick to set "Airplane mode ON", you'll be able to use the ROM... but without mobile network, though.

thank you buddy, just removed the sim card, and I can use the rom now.

hi tilal

i think that the ROM is not for a daily use if you dont fix the rebootloop because too much people have the same problem and we need use the sim card.

i hope that you can fix the problem in the next build. thank you very much, and lovely work.;)

Guest skateon

Been using this ROM since Saturday Night its AWESOME!!cool.gif

The important thing everyone should remember is this is the all new Android 4 and its well better than Gingerbread. Google have redesigned almost everything. The dialler looks fresh and brilliant, contacts are amazing, it has a new Font system, texting is way better in both the new sms system and keyboard, it has a cool new lock screen clock, new browser and new Task Manager and everything is just really really polished. This is why its called Android 4.0 and not Android 2.6. I am so happy with this new Google look that I haven't even installed a Launcher yet.

This ROM is also very stable once you followed all the instructions.

For me here's the only things that is missing/problem yet to fix:

• No Camera Yet (using an Alternative Gallery, but would be great to have Camera in time for Christmas - miss this the most)
  • No Live Wallpapers
  • No Google Maps (can install but crashes including any App that uses Maps)
  • Task Manager (Home Button Long Press Works (as does sliding them out (left/right) cool - but all images upside down)
  • Slighty slow App Drawer animation (tho I overclocked cpu to help speed up and tilal says he's working on super smooth graphics)

Everything else seems Great. Scrolling through the homepages is nice and fast as is unlocking the phone and launching Texting etc.

The biggest thing I miss now is my Camera and Google Maps but they should come soon hopefully... smile.gif

Guest PedroVader

No Wi-Fi or Sim/network issues here, only had 1 reboot so far, which was definitely caused by overclocking, so I'm using it at stock speed for now pending next fix.

Link2sd and other similar apps won't work for until the kernel supports ext3, but space is much better with the smaller gapps package, I've got everything on that I need and still have 25mb left, I'm happy with that. Visually this is stunning, just discovered that you can drag/drop apps on top of each other to group them on the home screens, little things that add up to a lot make me smile. I'm really loving this version of Android, can't imagine ever going back to the days of Cupcake and Froyo.

Sent from my ICS Skate

Edited by PedroVader

Guest robneymcplum

All works for me bar what is known but... What actually is the point of ICS? Dont mean this in any negative way but why do I need it? I know I want it but what does it actually do that I would actually notice? I have a custom ROM now which is good but all I miss from trying them all is the screenshot option and the lock screen TV style screen close of CM, apart from that this gingerbread one works fine, good two day battery and stuff....

Like I say I want ICS, but why do I need it? And is there anyway of getting screenshots or the TV style power down screen lock as seperate add ons or zips?

Guest tilal6991

All works for me bar what is known but... What actually is the point of ICS? Dont mean this in any negative way but why do I need it? I know I want it but what does it actually do that I would actually notice? I have a custom ROM now which is good but all I miss from trying them all is the screenshot option and the lock screen TV style screen close of CM, apart from that this gingerbread one works fine, good two day battery and stuff....

Like I say I want ICS, but why do I need it? And is there anyway of getting screenshots or the TV style power down screen lock as seperate add ons or zips?

Please Google ICS and go to the wikipedia link and have a look at the new stuff under ICS. No it is not possible as addons as it is deep within the framework of the ROM.

And in any situation you can ask - what is the point of a newer version? You can keep doing this and no software would evolve. Google could have stopped at Android 1.0 and said what is the point of a future version?

Guest PedroVader

And in any situation you can ask - what is the point of a newer version? You can keep doing this and no software would evolve. Google could have stopped at Android 1.0 and said what is the point of a future version?

Well put Tilal, progress is inevitable, and I for one, welcome it, if not for your work on this we probably wouldn't see ICS on our phones till next year, if at all.

Sent from my ICS Skate

Guest PedroVader
is there anyway of getting screenshots ?

Same screenshot process as CM7, long press the power button and the option is there.

Without the gallery you'd need something like picsay or any of the good file explorers to view them, I'm using estrongs and that works fine, I just use picsay to rotate them.

Sent from my ICS Skate

Guest Atomix86

Yes it will.

Fantastic, I haven't been this stoked about a rom update since I found a rock stable froyo sense rom for my old hd2 before it died :P. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into the rom, it is truly appreciated.