[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

OK I'm going to release a completely from scratch build. It will have absolutely everything working (apart from the obvious stuff - Camera and HW acceleration)

PM me if you need someone to test before release.

Guest Atomix86

OK I'm going to release a completely from scratch build. It will have absolutely everything working (apart from the obvious stuff - Camera and HW acceleration)

Good to hear, best of luck with it :)

Guest SWOriginal

Anyone able to use the browser? , no pages loading for me on 3G.. might be something you need to look into for the new build (if someone else has the same issues)

Guest tilal6991

Anyone able to use the browser? , no pages loading for me on 3G.. might be something you need to look into for the new build (if someone else has the same issues)

I do have this issue - I have absolutely no idea why this happens so I just released with it.

Guest SWOriginal

Also not working with any browser other than ones that connect through there own servers (opera mini).. was working in previous builds tho so something must have changed.. possibly a bug brought in from cm team? Also YouTube.apk from gingerbread closes on video play.. anyone know where to find the ics version?

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest victormun

I can help with the tests, too. Remember that my phone was one that rebooted when enabling the mobile network.

Btw, about the new build: Works fine for me (except for the things mentioned here: Audio, DSP). No reboots :) The only bug I find is that the SU doesn't work.

Guest SWOriginal

Also gallery still not showing pics here: D,

The core rom is really nice to use tho, thanks for all your hard work: D

Not working:

Sound,

Browser,(opera mini works )

Dsp manager,

YouTube app ( will need to test the ics version (can't find))

Gallery still seems to broken

SU also not working

Thanks again for your hard work

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Atomix86
Also gallery still not showing pics here: D,

The core rom is really nice to use tho, thanks for all your hard work: D

Not working:

Sound,

Browser,(opera mini works )

Dsp manager,

YouTube app ( will need to test the ics version (can't find))

Gallery still seems to broken

SU also not working

Thanks again for your hard work

The ics YouTube app works on it but the watch later list doesn't show up in the playlist section (this may not be rom specific though). You can install the ics YouTube apk manually to test it.

And yes I forgot to mention su is broken too.

Guest jakobitm

Indeed. And I have re-flashed using the small gapps package as before, I just thought the main gapps package was fixed as well. But the DSP manager is still crashing and I have no audio (not to mention the initial setup fc's too).

Flashing the small gapps "fixes" the home button, so I imagine those without the home button working are trying to flash the broken gapps package (there must be a file in there that "enables" it so to speak).

I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for it to be fixed though, I can only imagine how difficult coding must be!

No probs with Wi-Fi, home button or reboot. Installed as instructed and all working fine. It's beautiful ROM. The issue is that Copilot 7 - my favourite GPS app is not working- in particular touch screen once started. Sygic aura works - more or less (sometimes do not start). no probs with gapps from first post.

Guest SWOriginal

The ics YouTube app works on it but the watch later list doesn't show up in the playlist section (this may not be rom specific though). You can install the ics YouTube apk

Where can I find the YouTube app? I can't find the apk anywhere?

Guest PedroVader

Extracted YouTube, no go I'm afraid, can get into the app, but crashes on video loading.

I'm fine on v2, no rush to go back to gingerbread, I'll wait til Tilal is ready to release the scratch build, and I'll happily test it.

Compared to some devices, we're ahead of the game, so I can be patient

Sent from my ICS Skate using Tapatalk

hi tilal!!

more info for you, i dont know if is necesary. but the gapps doesnt work, DSP manager doesnt work, lock screen doesnt work and i try to use the data and doesnt work too. thanks

Guest SWOriginal
hi tilal!!

more info for you, i dont know if is necesary. but the gapps doesnt work, DSP manager doesnt work, lock screen doesnt work and i try to use the data and doesnt work too. thanks

You sure you completely wiped your phone before install? , gapps works perfectl here, and got no issues with the lock screen either

Guest stiefanu

Hi,

I tried both 'Rom-Wipes (full wipes or only data?)-Gapps' and 'Wipes-Rom-Reboot-Gapps', but i couldn't do anything: Setup wizard stopped and reopened when pressing the button play.

Guest markpayne1973

Hi,

I tried both 'Rom-Wipes (full wipes or only data?)-Gapps' and 'Wipes-Rom-Reboot-Gapps', but i couldn't do anything: Setup wizard stopped and reopened when pressing the button play.

I have same problem:(

Guest skateon

Biggest thing for me is the battery life, I honestly don't know whether its part of ICS optimization or something tilal has done, but this is the most economical rom I've had on my skate by far.

Its strange how everyone's having slightly different results but for me Battery is becoming a slight problem. I'm currently on Saturdays (17/12) build so have no problems with Home Button etc fully stable ROM. Last night I put my Skate on charge before going to sleep. Now obviously at some point in the early hours the Battery became Full. I'm not sure if it started draining or what but when I woke up (7am) it was around 90% looking at the bar.

Its now 9.30am and I have 52% Battery left and i've only been on web/facebook for 20 mins and sent 1 text. I think perhaps WIFI is draining it along with GMAIL notifications. Gonna turn both of them off (I have unlimited 3G) and see if I see an improvment. I should note that I have the brightness on 100% and have not had a regular charging pattern these last few days. Plus I do keep checking the clock on the lock screen because it looks so great biggrin.gif

...how is everyone else's battery doing on this ROM?