[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991
hell yeah!!!

1 more round before you hang up the gloves.

Not for good. Its now highly likely that I will be back in a months time after my exams. All other issues in real life have pretty much been sorted out.

Guest plegdroid

Not for good. Its now highly likely that I will be back in a months time after my exams. All other issues in real life have pretty much been sorted out.

good news your personal issues have pretty much been sorted, you've done me a favour, as it's given me time to set up an environment on my pc for themeing cfx, been a pig but got it up and running. glad your coming back, but get your exams out of the way first, cfx is now, but your exams impact the rest of your life( like if you've not already been told this) good luck with the exams, and see you when your back :)

Guest cooler11

You mean about one month time, or many 'months' time?

OK. So I got new boot.img for you to test. Contains the BT fix. Using the original tilal's kernel (not S3).

Download: http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/cfx/update-cfx-boot.zip

Flash in CWM recovery.

Note that it'll work with the latest CFX release from 07/04/2012.

DO NOT APPLY IT TO THE PREVIOUS RELEASE FROM MARCH!

Please, test BT functionality and provide feedback. :)

Guest FrownBreaker

OK. So I got new boot.img for you to test. Contains the BT fix. Using the original tilal's kernel (not S3).

Download: http://ceco.sk.eu.or...te-cfx-boot.zip

Flash in CWM recovery.

Note that it'll work with the latest CFX release from 07/04/2012.

DO NOT APPLY IT TO THE PREVIOUS RELEASE FROM MARCH!

Please, test BT functionality and provide feedback. :)

No access?

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /omc/cfx/update-cfx-boot.zip on this server.

@C3C0

What did you change to make it work?

You were missing ttyHS0 in ueventd.rc and I also slightly changed the hciattach service definition in init.skate.rc

Edited by C3C0

Guest FrownBreaker

Thanks just got it will flash and test BT

Good news you sorted your stuff out Tilal, take the time on your exams, hope they go well for you...

Guest plegdroid

@Ceco, have you messed with the camera? as iam now getting partial preview, it phases on and off and after taking a picture can see what picture you have taken.

As I wrote earlier. New boot.img does not contain S3 kernel. It is the latest tilal's kernel with just changes in the ramdisk to make BT work.

No additional changes regarding camera have been done since I didn't recompile the whole kernel image. Just changed init scripts in ramdisk.

I have also tried my modified S3 kernel containing new kgsl code. It worked exactly the same way as tilal's - flickering preview of camera.

So I decided to stick with the original tilal's one since I found out that BT is not a problem of a kernel but init scripts in ramdisk.

Edited by C3C0

Guest plegdroid

As I wrote earlier. New boot.img does not contain S3 kernel. It is the latest tilal's kernel with just changes in the ramdisk to make BT work.

No additional changes regarding camera have been done since I didn't recompile the whole kernel image. Just changed init scripts in ramdisk.

I have also tried my modified S3 kernel containing new kgsl code. It worked exactly the same way as tilal's - flickering preview of camera.

So I decided to stick with the original tilal's one since I found out that BT is not a problem of a kernel but init scripts in ramdisk.

:D, I've put a log on Tilals git if you need It, :)

I never had preview full stop before on the latest build

:lol:

have a good evening mate :)

Guest tilal6991

Right. Lot of work behind the scenes. Basically we are going to become an official device as soon as the Blade becomes one. Also I've overhauled the git repo completely to tie with the blade one from Tom g.

So ill try and get a build with the changes and C3C0's Bluetooth fix within the next week (probably less but maybe more)

Guest plegdroid

Right. Lot of work behind the scenes. Basically we are going to become an official device as soon as the Blade becomes one. Also I've overhauled the git repo completely to tie with the blade one from Tom g.

So ill try and get a build with the changes and C3C0's Bluetooth fix within the next week (probably less but maybe more)

fantastic news Tilal, was going to ask about your git, as it had been purged.

Guest FrownBreaker

OK. So I got new boot.img for you to test. Contains the BT fix. Using the original tilal's kernel ..........Please, test BT functionality and provide feedback. :)

Thanks can report I flashed this (no wipe or reset) and BT works fine and make calls use controls on headset etc.. Listens for 30mins no problems even turning the headset on / off during playback.

Also Camera preview did not draw lines on the display for a minute or so but the it got all wiggly.

BT works fine!

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest FrownBreaker
OK friends. Enough for today. I am off to bed as I have to get up early in the morning for work.

See you tomorrow.

Thanks for the BT patch!!