[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest carpon

i have a question you might think its a silly one

why when i was using this rom i felt that the quality of image taken by cam is little bit lower than taken on GB ????

Guest creedence
Right. Lot of work behind the scenes. Basically we are going to become an official device as soon as the Blade becomes one. Also I've overhauled the git repo completely to tie with the blade one from Tom g.

So ill try and get a build with the changes and C3C0's Bluetooth fix within the next week (probably less but maybe more)

We are already grateful. Makes her the rest continue in all. No more stress.

Guest King Mustard

How do I format the device and install this?

I have the following on the root of the memory card:

• update-cm-9-20120407-NIGHTLY-skate-signed
  • gapps-ics-20120317-signed

If I power on the phone holding Vol. Down, I get a FTM screen.

If I power on the phone holding Vol. Up, I boot straight into my current ROM.

Do I need ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.4 from August 2011?

EDIT: I used TPT Helper to boot into ClockworkMod :)

Edited by King Mustard

Guest utternoob

Bluetooth now turns on :-). Has anyone else had problems downloading the new gapps from Goo Manager? It says md5 mismatch. What does it mean?

Guest chrislarabi

BT also work fine for me! Thank a lot. But i have two problems

1- I have colour banding on the last release (specialy on dark or black color), is it normal?

2- I dont know why but since yesterday i can't hear something when i lock my screen, or when i touch the screen; i've already activate that in the sound submenu. The various sound files are still in the /system/media/audio folder

May be somebody can help me to fix it, thx in advance. post-968021-0-38564800-1335168765_thumb.

Guest plegdroid

BT also work fine for me! Thank a lot. But i have two problems

1- I have colour banding on the last release (specialy on dark or black color), is it normal?

2- I dont know why but since yesterday i can't hear something when i lock my screen, or when i touch the screen; i've already activate that in the sound submenu. The various sound files are still in the /system/media/audio folder

May be somebody can help me to fix it, thx in advance. post-968021-0-38564800-1335168765_thumb.

with regards to colour banding, can turn off surface dithering in performance options, reboot and it should clear.

re issue 2,can't help with :)

Guest droidbittin

OK. So I got new boot.img for you to test. Contains the BT fix. Using the original tilal's kernel (not S3).

Download: http://ceco.sk.eu.or...te-cfx-boot.zip

Flash in CWM recovery.

Note that it'll work with the latest CFX release from 07/04/2012.

DO NOT APPLY IT TO THE PREVIOUS RELEASE FROM MARCH!

Please, test BT functionality and provide feedback. :)

Bluetooth works with that patch :), S3 however don't work at all on CM9 (just fyi)

It's OK. This is not new to me :) However it worked with the release form end of March. Simply because it contained old adreno libs - the same one as S3 uses.

I already have S3 for the latest release. But I haven't released it yet. I am still trying something to do with it.

Edited by C3C0

Guest donarkaz

Great work guys, keep it up! I can't wait to install the *stable* CM9 ColdfusionX to my Skate and feel the heaaat!

Currently running CM7 by tilal, it's not bad but I feel it's laggy and slow on my phone... Since I read that HW acceleration on gfx is enabled on this one, I will wait until the Camera is fixed and the Bluetooth. I will definitely install it then!

Can't wait! Congrats to all people contributung to this.

BTW, Any idea when the Camera will be fixed on this one?

Thanks

I am planning to release my kernel today so you flashaholics don't get bored :) You can then test and compare which one of these two is better. I was not able to fix cam preview, though. This is something that will be really challenging...

Guest utternoob

Not a problem. Silly question, but what will the kernel bring that either you or tilal haven't added or improved. One thing I hope it improves is keyboard lag. Taken me almost 10 minutes to type this!! :'(

Different config without kernel tracing/debugging/testing modules, Frontswap, newer RCU implementation, 2way call recording (I am not sure if tilal has this).

It is aimed mainly for better battery life. But this needs to be tested and compared. I have been testing it today and looks to be pretty stable

and battery life seemed to me quite good but this is something I cannot compare myself becasue I switch roms like b*tch clients...

So I thought I just throw out this one for people willing to try.

Edited by C3C0

Guest plegdroid

Different config without kernel tracing/debugging/testing modules, Frontswap, newer RCU implementation, 2way call recording (I am not sure if tilal has this).

It is aimed mainly for better battery life. But this needs to be tested and compared. I have been testing it today and looks to be pretty stable

and battery life seemed to me quite good but this is something I cannot compare myself becasue I switch roms like b*tch clients...

So I thought I just throw out this one for people willing to try.

this test monkey is ready to test :D

Guest plegdroid

New kernel up.

You will find it in my original S3 topic here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/353434-kernel-s3-for-cyanogenmod-roms/

thanks, there's some nice new(to me) governors:D

I'll give the battery a good soak this evening and will test the battery during the day, as I'll have a usual frame of reference to judge it by.

thank you ceco :)

post-910238-133520674235_thumb.png