[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

The camera fix is not included due to it causing multiple serious problems. Also if some one makes softkeys for the new version youll see the otherrbnew feature

Guest plegdroid
The camera fix is not included due to it causing multiple serious problems. Also if some one makes softkeys for the new version youll see the otherrbnew feature

morning, I'll have to barter some time from the Mrs tonight, unless Ryan gets to them first, me like more suprises, happy with the lockscreen addition to get another, bonus :D

Guest cooler11

I cannnot understand what is going on with camera.

In older builds, it functioned.

In lastest, it does not work. Why?

I applied the camera fix, it functioned again.

Yesterday I installed the s3 kernel zip, for solving black screen problem.

Now I check the camera, once again it does not function.

I want to be able to shoot a photo. Not panoramas, not video.

Should I install camera fix again?

Is there any solution for camera, or nothing at all?

Guest C3C0

Camera doesn't work since new Adreno 200 libraries provided by Qualcomm for use with ICS have been released.

The reason why it worked in the release form end of March is because this version used old Adreno libs from gingerbread.

I am still working on it from time to time. But haven't got enough luck yet...

Edited by C3C0

Guest droidbittin

Camera doesn't work since new Adreno 200 libraries provided by Qualcomm for use with ICS have been released.

The reason why it worked in the release form end of March is because this version used old Adreno libs from gingerbread.

I am still working on it from time to time. But haven't got enough luck yet...

hope you will, i will use the camera fix that drains battery while waiting :P

Guest kee1986

can any one help me i think ive bricked my skate it only stays on the first screen and wont boot into clockwork

Guest donarkaz

I haven't yet installed this release, I've got the previous release with the camera fix installed. Camera is not working properly. I know you guys are still working on it. Hopefully soon you' ll get it fixed!

1. I have another problem as well. When the phone is sleeping (locked), the incoming call screen takes some time to show up (it actually doesn't unless you press a key!?..), has this problem been fixed?

2. Also, another important problem that I have is that I can't find "Viber" when I search for it in the Google Play store. What's the issue with that? Has anybody managed to get it running in this ROM? I need Viber so much, all my friends are in there and I can't contact them!...

Please help!

Thanks

Guest favod

Strange bug here: I can't flash TPT's as the shortcut (vol+ & Menu & pwr) brings me to CWM...

I tried Vol+ & Pwr but it's the same.

Any idea?

I have an SFR STARRADICT if it helps...

Thanks!!!

And THX Tilal for this new build ;-)

:)

What you mean as "bug"? It's normal behavior for this key shortcut, load CWM recovery.

Now select Install zip from sdcard -> Choose zip from sdcard, pick downloaded image and confirm.

isnt thats the button combination to flash a tpt which he wants to do to access clock work mod its supposed to be vol- and power but i confess i dont know much about thw sfr starradict

Edited by favod

Guest SingleWolf

favod

AFAIK, it depend from CWM version: for CWM below 5.5.0.4 it is vol- & power, for 5.5.0.4 - vol+ & menu & power.

Guest trueno2k
favod

AFAIK, it depend from CWM version: for CWM below 5.5.0.4 it is vol- & power, for 5.5.0.4 - vol+ & menu & power.

Actually to cold-boot to CWM 5.5.0.4 you have to hold HOME + VOL UP + POWER!... I previous made the same mistake when I forgot to rename the image folder, instead of booting into CWM I re-TPTed my OMC :P

2cents

Guest SingleWolf

favod

On Staraddict ;)

Simply flashed it through ADB.

trueno2k

For me it work namely as I wrote. vol+ & home & power also loads CWM, but it nonoperational (buttons not work at all, except power button).

P.S. You're right, but except Staraddict: it has swapped "Menu" and "Home" keys, so your "Menu" is my "Home".

Edited by SingleWolf

Guest Josh92

New update seems to have improved performance a bit unless that's just me but definitely seems quicker, nothing with the camera, had it doing the 'strobe' effect for a while but now just black, tbh I'd be happy with a fix that just gives that effect, least its something.

Getting a unwanted 'freeze' look during some close app animation, not that's too big of a deal just pointing it out. :)

Again, not too big of a deal but the lock screen app icons are tiny when using density modern (have mine at 198 dpi), otherwise really like the lock screen additions, is there a way to get one for swapping to silent like in gingerbread? Liked that but can't see it on the lists.

Can't comment on battery, so far seems roughly the same, and bluetooth appears to be working.

Guest C3C0

Looks like I finally fixed the camera preview. Works at 5MPix a treat.

Have to make additional tests for wakelocks, etc...

Video recording still doesn't work. This will be another milestone.

Edited by C3C0

Guest donarkaz

COngrats! Give us please!

Guys I have a question: Regarding the contacts, when I installed the ROM it synced with gmail and imported the contacts. The thing is that I had exported all my contacts as well in a separate file, so I went and imported them again. Now all my contacts are duplicated!...

I was trying to figure out how to erase the duplicates but there is no such option. Have you all thouroughly tested the Contacts functionality of the ROM? I feel tat something is missing from there, or that not all is working as it should be.

Please give the Contacts functionality a go and get back here with your findings!

Thanks

Guest C3C0

Still needs some improvements. This doesn't look good:

<6>[05-02 12:07:51.880000] [POWER]******expire_wake_locks: start********

<6>[05-02 12:07:51.880000] active wake lock msm_camera_wake

<6>[05-02 12:07:51.880000] active wake lock adsp

<6>[05-02 12:07:51.880000] [POWER]********************

This means battery drain...

Guest C3C0

This fix is based on P500 one. But it doesn't use the precompiled HAL from p500 but I managed

to compile my own HAL wrapper for skate. That's why it has 5mpix enabled.

I will put the initial commit on github in couple of minutes.

This is still a development version. Unstable and can have bugs.

But at least we have something to build on.

EDIT:

Well I have problems taking pictures :D

Looks like there is more to be done than I expected.

E/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): failed to construct master heap for pmem pool /dev/pmem_adsp

E/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): initRaw X failed

E/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): initRaw X: error initializing mRawHeap

E/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): initRaw failed.  Not taking picture.

Edited by C3C0

Guest razzmataz1478

Just to go back to the build.prop thing, what parts need editing?

Market comatibility? Its been fixed