[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest chrislarabi

Noticed that latest camera patch from Ceco applied to 09/05 ROM make camera significantly less laggy (and overall performance also up by ~10%) but it broke barcode scanning ability. Is there any way to fix barcode scanning with this patch installed?

It seem like people want to get themselves in trouble. Why do you apply the camera patch on the 09/05 release whereas it has a functional camera?

Edited by chrislarabi

Guest rangeoshun

It seem like people want to get themselves in trouble. Why do you apply the camera patch on the 09/05 release whereas it has a functional camera?

Because people like me, and other like to try things, that probably won't work, but hey, there's nandroid so what the hell :D

Guest C3C0

Looking at tilals latest cameraHAL. Looks like there is a fallback to SW decoding if HW decoding fails.

Probably this is the reason why camera is laggy... Just FYI.

Guest rangeoshun

I can confirm the not laggy part with camera patch, but I couldn't make two pics after another. Also, if anyone is intrested, there's a bug, where you can not use the -2 exposier. It would be nice to have for hdr photos :)

Guest rangeoshun

I have 1.94b working, not sure why everyone else doesn't :S

It works, but the usb connect shows a mail icon for me, and system ui FCs if I try connecting it. Yours ain't?

Guest daddypaul

hello all for me, everything works fine, but when the call comes in and does not screen phone message apk ended what I can do sorry for my english google translation

Guest cooler11

Because of the missing details of the changelog, can somebody tell me if everything is ok with this new rom? (thanks tillaz :) )

I mean all latest problems, bt, camera, black screen, brightness etc and of course all the other functions of the phone.

Guest chrislarabi

Because of the missing details of the changelog, can somebody tell me if everything is ok with this new rom? (thanks tillaz :) )

I mean all latest problems, bt, camera, black screen, brightness etc and of course all the other functions of the phone.

Just try and see yourself

Guest sui785

Some apps don't work coz of the bad build.prop

Guest jopsi332

Which version? I have latest all fine. Moved status bar to bottom and changed clock position and changed battery style

1.9b4

everytime when i plug usb in and press connect SystemUi was closed.

and the new icons are fail. the USB icon is the same as new google email

Guest jopsi332

It works, but the usb connect shows a mail icon for me, and system ui FCs if I try connecting it. Yours ain't?

same problem by me

Guest donarkaz

Guys this ROM is so good that I can't live without it. Just yesterday I installed the latest Atomic ROM, it's quite good but nt nearly as good as this one.

When I tested this the only major bug I could find (other than the camera working only at 3MP and no video) was while the phone got an incoming call while on sleep mode, the screen would remain black and I would have to press the unlock button twice in order to be able to answer it...

Please fix the major bugs on this one so we can all benefit from its fantastic smoothness and robustness!

Great work everyone, please do your best to make it all work :)

Cheers

Guest tilal6991

Guys this ROM is so good that I can't live without it. Just yesterday I installed the latest Atomic ROM, it's quite good but nt nearly as good as this one.

When I tested this the only major bug I could find (other than the camera working only at 3MP and no video) was while the phone got an incoming call while on sleep mode, the screen would remain black and I would have to press the unlock button twice in order to be able to answer it...

Please fix the major bugs on this one so we can all benefit from its fantastic smoothness and robustness!

Great work everyone, please do your best to make it all work :)

Cheers

Are you on the latest build?

Guest eLJay

After installing the latest CM9 released after the patch (which messed up the backlight anyway) I found that I had an issue with calls.

So recalibrate the the proximity sensor and now it works correctly.

Also make sure you TPT it to something correct for the ROM I used the 200mb option (option 2 with TPT helper).

Also use MobileGo to backup calls and SMS and Apps (though I decided to skip restoring apps and start afresh).

As previously said 'rtfm' plus there are normally a few things you should try like that when you are testing a fresh install.

I'm quite chuffed with my phone now. Don't need another one and except for NFC on the Nexus there are no other

features I would miss, I use viber and not Skype as I don't want people to see stubble and bed head in a morning.

Excellent job, there is a minor bit of lag but it's definitely usable.

Edited by eLJay

Guest longin

Until the previous version so far are able to use a2sd + ... but this new version does not get it to the role .. May I ask which can greatly help make a2sd + can use it?

Guest donarkaz

Are you on the latest build?

I was using the 07/04/2012 build with the camera patch.

-Another bug I had encountered was that once the clock stopped working and got stuck at a random time. I had to reboot to make it work.

-Plus the Link2SD failure which wsa the main reason I had to reflash to a new ROM as I thought it was the ROM's fault (although it might have been that I used ext3 instead of ext2 or ext4 for the second partition - I read somewhere that ext3 is NOT recommended).

Tilal, would you recommend applying any specific TPT on this ROM for best performance and experience? If yes, which one and how shall I apply it? (excuse me but I'm a newb :P)

Finally, would a linux-swap of approx. 32 MB make any difference in performance using a grade 10 SD card?