[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

I was using the 07/04/2012 build with the camera patch.

-Another bug I had encountered was that once the clock stopped working and got stuck at a random time. I had to reboot to make it work.

-Plus the Link2SD failure which wsa the main reason I had to reflash to a new ROM as I thought it was the ROM's fault (although it might have been that I used ext3 instead of ext2 or ext4 for the second partition - I read somewhere that ext3 is NOT recommended).

Tilal, would you recommend applying any specific TPT on this ROM for best performance and experience? If yes, which one and how shall I apply it? (excuse me but I'm a newb :P)

Finally, would a linux-swap of approx. 32 MB make any difference in performance using a grade 10 SD card?

I would try yesterday's build. It should solve most if not all your problems.

Guest timfimjim

Tilal, would you recommend applying any specific TPT on this ROM for best performance and experience? If yes, which one and how shall I apply it? (excuse me but I'm a newb :P)

200mb system 35mb cache is the recommended TPT for CM9

See below :)

Edited by timfimjim

Guest plegdroid

200mb system 35mb cache is the recommended TPT for CM9

that's now been revised, option 4,200meg system, 2meg cache :)

Guest timfimjim

that's now been revised, option 4,200meg system, 2meg cache :)

Nice! edited my post. I bet it won't be very long before it'll fit on a 150mb system at the rate this ROMs improving...

Guest plegdroid

revised total blue tints for the 09-05-12 build, comes with large softkeys enabled and the old style power widget icons :)

Guest alpineca

I love this ROM, is fastest ROM ever that i try on my phone. Perfect work tilal. But i have a problem. I tryed go watch a movie with Rock Player and MX Player but i cant. Is this is a problem of the ROM or just need to use other video player. Please help me :)

Guest alpineca

I found the problem. By default MX player was set to hardware decode mode, in software decode mode it works perfectly.

Guest Der_Floo

I saw your post but again I'm not near a computer. :( This is being typed from my phone.

oh ok :) maybe we can do it later?

Guest plegdroid
http://goo.im/devs/tilal6991/skate/CyanogenMod/CFX/update-cm-9-20120510-SNAPSHOT-skate-ColdFusionX-tilal6991-signed.zip should fix all market issues and includes soft keys customization. Will update first post asap.

There have been framework changes I'm afraid :(.

lololol, it was an exercise in what needed to be done with the new rom, with regards to framework/ systemui, will be easier this time around, downloaded new rom, thank you. :D

Guest gl.wedge

Instaled the new ROM and its awesome .Apart from known bugs with camera and youtube i have one more problem...Every video file i try to watch plays all choppy and laggy...Sound is working fine but the picture keeps falling behind , if you get the point :)I didnt have this prob on CM7 and ive tried s/w and s/w fast on mx player , also tried moboplayer with no succes.Ive also tried to convert files in Xillisoft converter but again , no succes :/ Any having some advice on how to fix this?

Guest plegdroid
And I just realised there's a camera error in this build. Just can't seem to nail this can I?

we got softkey customization back, steps forward, :D

Guest tilal6991

Since this new build still has issues I'll post a new build later today with even more goddies that I've been wanting to include.

Guest plegdroid
Since this new build still has issues I'll post a new build later today with even more goddies that I've been wanting to include.

:D:D:D

Guest hugobosslives

lol i'm not guna complain. but dont feel you have to come up with more stuff just cos you missed something and caused an error.

most of us know that its ready, when its ready.

Guest iReece

Pardon my noobishness,

But, is the soft key actually on the ROM? Or do we have to download it from the thread?..

I have the latest update and it is not on there at all. Am I missing something?..

Guest plegdroid

softkeys come with the rom, but you do need to enable them via the flashable zips via either my or razzamataz's threads :)

edit, your better off using razz's softkeys with the new build, as mine will undo what changes tilal made with the new rom.

Edited by plegdroid