[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Josh92

Can anyone comment on battery for C3co's latest? Don't want to update to it if there are issues with that.

Guessing I should be able to flash over 09 build if caches etc are wiped.

Guest chrislarabi

Can anyone comment on battery for C3co's latest? Don't want to update to it if there are issues with that.

Guessing I should be able to flash over 09 build if caches etc are wiped.

And therefore you want that others do the test for you? not clever enough.

Guest Josh92

And therefore you want that others do the test for you? not clever enough.

Really? Yes. It's my main, and only phone, don't want to be flashing a brand new ROM with poor battery life and be stuck somewhere without a phone. Therefore those who have flashed it already can help me out and just let me know how they're finding it, such a big deal? No.

As for clever enough, I have a generally okay knowledge of technology but not to the extent of ROM building, hence why I'm so thankful to Tital and C3CO and all devs who put their own time and effort into making better experiences for people like us, I'd appreciate it if people stop having little digs at at each other, especially for a question like that which seems perfectly reasonable. Also finding the constant requests for ETA's etc particularly annoying, people need to be thankful and understand the work they all put in.

@ C3CO, thanks for reply, will go ahead and flash when I get a chance in that case. :-)

Guest e.miron

Hi there. I have the 09/05 build , working beautifully, but i get an error when i try to update some apps from other sources as the Google play. I use Aptoide repos and if i want to install an app new, its ok, but if i want to update an existing one i get this error :

''

an existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed

''

It is the same for free and for paid apps. In the previous CM7.2 this error never appeared.

The only solution i have applied at the moment is to uninstall the old version and install the new one, but it is a hassle and anyway in uninstalling i loose app data which is annoying ( already lost all my 2 months progress in Defenders II game. => sucks.)

Oh and for the panorama not working, a temporary solution is to use Photaf app which is OK enough.

Edited by e.miron

Guest C3C0

Youtube HQ plays quite well for me. There is a lag from time to time but definitely it's much smoother than before.

I'm at 863 MHz. Looks like new compiled OMX core is working.

Edited by C3C0

Guest sui785

Just installed C3CO's 11/05 build, will reply with feedback.

I suppose OpenGL HAL won't be possible for a few months(until they release drivers?).

Oh and btw it stays on Edge all the time(whilst it should be HSDPA in my region). Not sure if it's related to my network or this build.

EDIT: Nvm it was a network problem, HSDPA works fine! :D

Edited by sui785

Guest WiiSky70

Hmmm , so the Youtube HQ will play like a charm isn't?

Talking off the rom i can't find it here can anyone tell me how can i download the 11/05 build from C3CO?

Guest Josh92

So far all seems good, just wiped cache/dalvik cache only which seems to have worked fine, not that you necessarily should.

Guest e.miron

Any one knows if the Skate likes the bigger memory cards, as my 8GB ( 6 data +2 ext4) is getting a little ''small'' nowadays and I have found :

16GB class 10 at 16€

32GB class 4 at 23€

32GB class 10 at 35€.

Another thing, when I first unblocked and rooted the phone I used TPT Helper with the 200/35/205 option as per recommendation, and only afterwards I've learned that the CM suites does not need 35 MB cache, so I tried using TPT Helper to get 200/2/238 and it says it is incompatible with the present operating system, both on Tilal's CyanogenMod 7.1, 7.2 and now 9.

Any other method or repartitioning ?

Edit: changed TF card and then manual restart vol+/menu/power, tpt helper did its job.

Edited by e.miron

Guest jul57640

i'm running the latest release of cfx with c3co fixes and in one word....amazing

just few lag in youtube but HQ !!!

pre-final release :D

Guest pctv007

i'm running the latest release of cfx with c3co fixes and in one word....amazing

just few lag in youtube but HQ !!!

pre-final release :D

Using this one too... THX C3CO & Tilal; just the best rom ever for Skate :D

Seem to have battery drain here, but I did'nt clear Dalvik before flash (nor after) though. Will try to and keep you posted.

THX again 1000x

Guest carpon

here's my feedback

yesterday i installed ceco's rom without doing any wipre ( system - cash - dalvik ) and it works perfect

the battery life i can just say perfect !

i waked up at 12 A.m the battery was @ 98% , i had around 2 hours of wi fi and music and i still have 90%

and it much smooth

no lag in cam

thnx ceco :)

Guest plegdroid
I think I just fixed video recording and camera lag!!!

I've been holding out for your build, as always test monkey ready when required :D

Guest Der_Floo

I think I just fixed video recording and camera lag!!!

sounds fantastic :) can we speak about a pre-final release or not?

Guest trueno2k

Hi all,

Post has moved over to here @ # ( for the time being until I find more threads relating to s2e for the OMC / Skate ) if anyone here is still willing to give me some advice on this matter, much appreciated...

Edited by trueno2k