[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Skate Away

Hi,

Can anyone tell me.....before I install this, should I TPT ?

If so what size partitions for this latest version ?

Or is there a better way to re-partition ?

Thanks.

Edited by Skate Away

Guest creedence

Better make a backup of all content of the card on PC, then reformat the card, with a new ext partition.

Thank you. I'll try. I still do not understand why I have to restore again after a Cm7 sdext partition. Thanks

Guest nick_sub

Have been watching this thread ever since it started and finally decided to go for it after Tilal fixed the camera. Amazing work! ICS looks even better and slicker than I expected.

However, I can't get Gapps to install. I have the standard 220mb system partition and followed the instructions in the OP (left for 5 mins after initial boot and installing Gapps). Any suggestions?

Guest timfimjim

Have been watching this thread ever since it started and finally decided to go for it after Tilal fixed the camera. Amazing work! ICS looks even better and slicker than I expected.

However, I can't get Gapps to install. I have the standard 220mb system partition and followed the instructions in the OP (left for 5 mins after initial boot and installing Gapps). Any suggestions?

Try re-downloading the google apps zip file. Yours could've been corrupt. Then put it on your sd, boot into CWM recovery and install zip :)

What error message do you get?

Guest nick_sub

Try re-downloading the google apps zip file. Yours could've been corrupt. Then put it on your sd, boot into CWM recovery and install zip :)

What error message do you get?

Thanks but I checked the MD5sum so I think it downloaded ok. I don't get any error messages. CWM reports that it installed successfully but the apps just arn't there when I boot up.

Guest e.miron

Hi,

Can anyone tell me.....before I install this, should I TPT ?

If so what size partitions for this latest version ?

Or is there a better way to re-partition ?

Thanks.

Last option on TPT Helper is ok. 200system/2 cache and the rest for data.

Guest e.miron

Thank you. I'll try. I still do not understand why I have to restore again after a Cm7 sdext partition. Thanks

You had the S2E installed in CM7 but since it does not work in CM9 the links are broken. For CM9 you have to use Link2SD, at least until S2E is fixed.

Guest nathanmarck

You had the S2E installed in CM7 but since it does not work in CM9 the links are broken. For CM9 you have to use Link2SD, at least until S2E is fixed.

S2E has been working on ICS for quite a while, I posted a fix for S2E a few weeks/months ago

Guest aamiel

S2E has been working on ICS for quite a while, I posted a fix for S2E a few weeks/months ago

The issue is that it is easier to download from the play store than look through all the threads and the one on the play store does not work...

Guest creedence

I've also tried the S2E fixed.zip. That did not work. Sdext is not detected.

CM7 recover->there are again sdext___CM9 install->there is no sdext___CM7 recover->there are again sdext___interesting :blink:

I'm going to partition from scratch. Hopefully it will work then.

Many thanks for your help

Edited by creedence

Guest Skate Away

Last option on TPT Helper is ok. 200system/2 cache and the rest for data.

Ok, installed TPT Helper :)

Skate v2b ?

2mb cache, 200mb system, 238mb data, 1mb oem ?

How does that compare to standard ?

Thanks...

ps. partition SD card ? Ext Size ? - what does this do and do I need it ?

Edited by Skate Away

Guest aamiel

Compass still not working fully...

I though I would try this ROM now that nearly everything is fixed. I like it a lot but. I still have problems with the compass in one of my most used apps: GPS essentials

This was already the case in CM7 but not stock ROMs.

Funny thing is when I tried CM7 Google map had problems finding north. Not anymore but Google sky map is still utterly lost.

So I assume there are 2 ways of finding north. Only one of those 2 is working in the CM ROMs... very unfortunate. I will keep this ROM a bit longer as it is very nice but I will have to revert to Atomic or similar...

Guest Skate Away

Downloading coldfusionX - 13 hours left :(

- failed at 18mb

had to restart 17 hours to go...

Is there any quicker way of getting this ?

Edited by Skate Away

Guest felystar
Downloading coldfusionX - 13 hours left :(

- failed at 18mb

had to restart 17 hours to go...

Is there any quicker way of getting this ?

If Goo link is now working, check one page vack and you will find a mirror ;)

Guest creedence

which easily handles the ZTE skate? aokpfusionx or this coldfusionx.. :)

According to my opinion is [iCS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX stable and better.

At best you try on this from yourself.