[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Skate Away

Was the design brief for ICS "Hide widgets and shortcuts from user" ?

Is there a prize if you find them or are they actually missing completely ?

Guest skYmarine

i have created sd-ext via cwm 5 menu

after rebooting my device i went to storage menu - usb storage total space became smaller for 512 mb, but internal storage total space didnt grow and is still 162 mb

what am i doung wrong?

sd-ext seems to be mounted according to cwm menu

Edited by skYmarine

Guest jcmyall

Was the design brief for ICS "Hide widgets and shortcuts from user" ?

Is there a prize if you find them or are they actually missing completely ?

Go into the app drawer and touch&hold on an app you want to create a shortcut for. It'll let you place it on the homescreen where you feel like it.

Go into the app drawer, at the top of the screen, there's a section called "Widgets". Click that. Now scroll through all the widgets available on your phone. Touch & hold the one you want and it'll let you place it on whichever homescreen you want.

Oh. And the design brief in ICS was "KILL THE DAMN MENU BUTTON!". So now you just have to press and hold on things to find new functionality. Newer Android phones (except Samsung) now don't have the menu button because of this. Older phones with a menu button will still work and function the same though.

i have created sd-ext via cwm 5 menu

after rebooting my device i went to storage menu - usb storage total space became smaller for 512 mb, but internal storage total space didnt grow and is still 162 mb

what am i doung wrong?

sd-ext seems to be mounted according to cwm menu

Are you using an app like Link2SD? The storage size reported by Android won't increase just because you've made a partition on your sd card for apps and the like.

Personally I prefer to just use Android's built in app2sd functionality. With a small setting change in adb, you can move any app to the sd card. And you don't need to partition the sd card either.

Edited by jcmyall

Guest e.miron

Are you using an app like Link2SD? The storage size reported by Android won't increase just because you've made a partition on your sd card for apps and the like.

Personally I prefer to just use Android's built in app2sd functionality. With a small setting change in adb, you can move any app to the sd card. And you don't need to partition the sd card either.

App2sd does not move ALL of the application onto sd card, just a fraction, so you'll still run out of space pretty quick. Widgets don't work if on sd card.

And more important, when you mount the card on PC, every app that is on sd card cease to function. If you have sdext partition, windows does not mount it, so the apps work even when connected to PC.

Guest trueno2k
App2sd does not move ALL of the application onto sd card, just a fraction, so you'll still run out of space pretty quick. Widgets don't work if on sd card.

And more important, when you mount the card on PC, every app that is on sd card cease to function. If you have sdext partition, windows does not mount it, so the apps work even when connected to PC.

I can't explain any better than that myself! :P It's always best to have an sd-ext partition when your device has less than 2GB of internal data apps storage space IMO!

Whoops, I talked off topic :P duh! LOL

Edited by trueno2k

Guest skYmarine

i've installed link2sd

it asks to select the file system of my sd card section partiion.

i was using cwm5 to partition my sd-card and didnt set the file system

so, is it ext4 or somethign else?

Guest razzmataz1478

Any conversations not related to the rom, like how to create an sd-ext please continue here.

This off-topic needs to stop, it's getting too big, and the important stuff is getting too hard to find.

Guest gioranaa

I tried it yesterday, it seems really good...

BUT I cannot read the emails... with the default app, and also with gmail app...

Any solution? :o

Guest utternoob

quick question.

Can this rom be used with the 150mb system, 2mb cache tpt?

Thanks

No. Between the gapps and rom it needs 200mb. I made my own and chose 210 system 5 cache and all is fine

Guest utternoob

brillant thank you.

Using tpt helper right? and i take it 2mb cache is out of the question?

Yes for tpt helper, the size of cache is up to you

Guest Mub6

cool thanks.

I ask because it says in the tpt thread that 2MB cache versions will only work properly with a rom that redirects cache (eg. CM7).

is this a rom that will redirect the cache? and will there be no significant loss in performance with a cache size this small?

Thakns again!

Guest WiiSky70

Soo the gapps to work needs at least 200MB Partition on the SD which can be done in TPT Helper but if i do more than just 200 (Like 250MB)

the another Google Apps will appear (Gmail , Google+ , Google Voice) as well ?

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest utternoob

Soo the gapps to work needs at least 200MB Partition on the SD which can be done in TPT Helper but if i do more than just 200 (Like 250MB)

the another Google Apps will appear (Gmail , Google+ , Google Voice) as well ?

No. Download those from the market

Guest WiiSky70

But in previous Cyanogenmod which is CM7 (2.3.4+) had almost all apps from Google like Books , Market and another handfull apps inside of

it , maybe it's the repos from CM9 that isn't installed natively?

Guest C3C0

Did myself a fresh build so here it is to share.

Contains nothing special, just:

- synced with the latest repo (so all recent CM fixes are there + some additional that are still pending in gerrit)

- screen stays off when cable unplugged

- persist setting of network type (e.g. if 2G is set it will stay that after reboot)

- contains S3 kernel

Download: https://docs.google....a1FOM1NiTklsT2M ( MIRROR )

Installation instructions for those that are on CFX - this will maintain all of your installed apps:

- put ROM ZIP together with gapps ZIP on SD card, reboot to CWM

- (optional) Backup your current CFX

- mounts & storage / format system

- wipe cache

- advanced / wipe dalvik cache

- install ROM zip

- install gapps zip

- reboot

- (optional) If using Link2SD, launch it and choose to recreate mount script, reboot

Edited by C3C0

Guest Der_Floo

Did myself a fresh build so here it is to share.

Contains nothing special, just:

- synced with the latest repo (so all recent CM fixes are there + some additional that are still pending in gerrit)

- screen stays off when cable unplugged

- persist setting of network type (e.g. if 2G is set it will stay that after reboot)

- contains S3 kernel

Download: https://docs.google....a1FOM1NiTklsT2M

Installation instructions for those that are on CFX - this will maintain all of your installed apps:

- put ROM ZIP together with gapps ZIP on SD card, reboot to CWM

- (optional) Backup your current CFX

- mounts & storage / format system

- wipe cache

- advanced / wipe dalvik cache

- install ROM zip

- install gapps zip

- reboot

- (optional) If using Link2SD, launch it and choose to recreate mount script, reboot

ehm when i click on link i came to the first page of google docs. but no download?!

Guest utternoob

ehm when i click on link i came to the first page of google docs. but no download?!

Click the top file and it should say download