[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest plegdroid
hi just wondering when the last update was released ? i think im running the 15/05 release

26-05-12 was the last cfx build, but it's been removed, don't if this is by design or accident :)

morning by the way

Edited by plegdroid

Guest stefdesign

I tried the mod "ice amor 2 and 3" before, but changed to this one (and I realy like this rom, ColdFusionX!) for several reasons,

one main reason is this: this previous rom gave's me a black screen when calling/receiving calls, and I couldn't do anything anymore ...

only taking battery out of the phone (and reboot) to get my phone back, (otherwise it keeps calling as well)!

So with ColdFusionX I had good luck, it wasn't going to happen anymore ...

even with 20/05 update - everything (I used) worked smoothly: calling, receiving calls, ...

only taking the plane-setting, let my phone crash and reboot!

Therefore I update to 26/05:

And then I had almost the same as with my old rom:

it gives me again a black screen, and can't do anything anymore ...

only taking battery out of the phone (and reboot) to get my phone back, (otherwise it keeps calling as well)!

-> But now the air-plane-setting I can use now (without any crashes)!

Tilal and all other

No crash and no longer crash. For 48 hours my ROM works without problems.

I've taken out because of lack of space three applications from the system.

E Mail,ROM manager.Apollo. All three transformed as a custom application. And then restart.

From this point on, everything is supposed to be like. No more problems.

Can someone explain this to me?

I have no idea!

Creedence how do you remove these apps?

Because I can only make them cash free, stop them and set them off in the apps settings.

Edited by stefdesign

Guest aamiel

Try using mx player

Yes, I was just reporting it because I really would like to just have them from the standard gallery. Hopefully soon...

Guest creedence

I made it with titanium backup . Converted easily from system application to user application. Deleted cache and reboot. But why the system is running better now, I have no idea.

Guest CavemanJames

(1)

And then I had almost the same as with my old rom:

it gives me again a black screen, and can't do anything anymore ...

(2)

Creedence how do you remove these apps?

Because I can only make them cash free, stop them and set them off in the apps settings.

(1) Go into the settings, then select "Advanced" under the Devices section. Hold your phone out (don't touch the top of the phone) in the usual light you have around you (i.e. don't put it under a lamp or whatever)

Now hit "Calibrate Proximity Sensor" and wait until the message "Calibration successful!" (or similar) appears on screen. You should now not get a black screen when finishing a call.*

(2) Download an app from the market called "Anttek App Manager" (It's free). Open it and grant it root access, then at the top you should see the Apps tab. Click that then scroll down to the apps you want to remove. There's either the options to Uninstall or Delete .apk. Both are the same and are in the same place (It changes depending on whether the app is a system app or not). Just hit that button then restart the phone.

*There was a problem I found in the 15/05 build where when you calibrate the phone under too much light, it errors out. I was trying to calibrate it when I was out in the sun a couple of weeks ago. I think it's fixed in the 26/05 build though.

Guest sandroe123

Wow i missed the 26/05 update, is it still out there somewhere?

BTW: Is it sufficiant to backup/restore using ROM manager? I don't want to loose any data/apps...

Guest CavemanJames

Wow i missed the 26/05 update, is it still out there somewhere?

BTW: Is it sufficiant to backup/restore using ROM manager? I don't want to loose any data/apps...

I think the 26/05 update was taken down. Not sure why.

When updating the system, you just need to wipe the /system partition and dalvik cache (It's in Advanced) in clockwork mod. Then just install the rom and gapps again.

It'd be a good idea to back up your contacts (unless you sync with google servers) and your text messages.

Guest razzmataz1478

Yes, I was just reporting it because I really would like to just have them from the standard gallery. Hopefully soon...

That's likely to not ever happen

Guest Redstarr1

26/05 has huge battery drain and hence taken probably......tilal can give more info on it !!

My phone's battery usage is very good on 26/05. Using C3CO's S3 kernel though. Apparently deep sleep doesn't work properly without it.

Guest plegdroid
26/05 has huge battery drain and hence taken probably......tilal can give more info on it !!

afternoon, have you changed the cpu govonor from lagfree ? :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest betterthanjordan79

I've been watching and using this ROM for about 4 months now and with every update it just keeps getting better and better! Thanks so much tilal6991. Keep up the good work!

Guest jtharmor

afternoon, have you changed the cpu govonor from lagfree ? :)

Yep i use setcpu and screenoff has 245 set....as profile....governor is onDemand

Guest jtharmor

31/05/2012

Fix barcode scanning

Add lockscreen calender

Remove soft keys

Sync with CM repos

Does this mean i can enable soft keys in this without installing softkeys ?

Guest tilal6991

31/05/2012

Fix barcode scanning

Add lockscreen calender

Remove soft keys

Sync with CM repos

Does this mean i can enable soft keys in this without installing softkeys ?

No. It just means that soft keys are not enabled by default. Were they in the last release?