[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest sandroe123

My thoughts about the last update 31/05 build

1. I did notice some stability improvments , as well performance optimizations

2. Multi-tasking apps it's much more stable and faster to switch

3. Sync with latest CM Repo - I didn't notice any changes in Settings or icons

4. That lines for processing the pictures or videos is annoying , and if it could be fixed it's great :)

Ok so when you install an update you don't have to wipe data? Only cach and dalvik? I'm scared to lose my data/apps/... This is my first ROM update lol

Guest plegdroid

Ok so when you install an update you don't have to wipe data? Only cach and dalvik? I'm scared to lose my data/apps/... This is my first ROM update lol

if nervous about loosing any data make a backup before flashing the update, if coming from another version of cfx, you really don't need to wipe anything, but wiping dalvik cache won't do any harm. :)

edit, if coming from any gingerbread rom, follow the instructions at the op

Edited by plegdroid

Guest sandroe123

Ok I just flashed the update and the gapps without wiping anything and everything works fine :)

I don't know if switching/closing running apps by long pressing the home button was already implemented, but I like it anyways :-)

Guest Redstarr1

Ok I just flashed the update and the gapps without wiping anything and everything works fine :)

I don't know if switching/closing running apps by long pressing the home button was already implemented, but I like it anyways :-)

I always format system (in "mounts") and wipe dalvik cache (in "advanced"). But apart from that no other wipes are needed. Don't know if what I do is really necessary but at least nothing conflicts that way.

Guest Frank HF

My Skate wont boot either, i do think it might be a (free)space problem. It just bootloops. Its running for ~7 mins now :)

How much freeee space does this build take up?

Guest againx

I find some bugs in the new ROM,such as the flashlight of camera doesn't work ,and the RAM management isn't very well..........But I love this ROM very much..thank you for your efforts...... :wub: :wub: :) :)

Guest razzmataz1478

I find some bugs in the new ROM,such as the flashlight of camera doesn't work ,and the RAM management isn't very well..........But I love this ROM very much..thank you for your efforts...... :wub: :wub: :) :)

Your probably the billionth person to say the light doesny work.

As for ram management, it's better than gingerbread, and if it's realty it up to your standards then there is a setting to limit the amount of open apps

Guest WiiSky70

And flashlight of the camera doesn't work becuse of incompatibility with camera driver ?

And that lines when trying to record video or taking a photo it's again incompatibility or an error compiling the

camera lib am i right ?

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest WiiSky70

1. Enter in Recovery mode

2. Wipe Data / Cache

3. Wipe Dalvik Cache and Battery Stats

4. Format pretty much everything in mounts and storage (Except SD Card)

5. If you formatted the SD Card you can awlays use a Micro SD Adapter and put in your

compatible computer

6. Extract the CM9 ROM (Latest Build) and GAPPS (04/29) to the SD Card

7. Put again the Micro SD inside your phone

7. Boot your phone in recovery and install the ROM and GAPPS by choosing the option - Install zip from sdcard

8. Wipe data and cache again and then choose reboot system now

You're ready to go :)

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest Dave89hun

i just flashed the 05/31 Rom and i since than i cant turn on the wifi?have i made a mistake during the flash procedure? or its a bug in the new release? please help.

Guest razzmataz1478

No.

wipe cache

Format system

Flash ROM

Flash GAPPS.

You won't lose data.

@wiisky you can download rom and gapps from phone. /sdcard/goomanager

Wipe cache option wipes dalvik.

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest zukenp

i just flashed the 05/31 Rom and i since than i cant turn on the wifi?have i made a mistake during the flash procedure? or its a bug in the new release? please help.

You must enter pass first of all. You can do that when you stand on wi-fi settings ,click ON and stay 2 sec on this.Im too was problem with that :)

I must say that this is best rom so far.Speed is fantastic . Bigest problem with this rom is hq youtube and camera flash.Yes it is big problem but i hope that someone can fix that in some period.Aniway tnx tilal :D .

Guest againx

Your probably the billionth person to say the light doesny work.

As for ram management, it's better than gingerbread, and if it's realty it up to your standards then there is a setting to limit the amount of open apps

I don't understand .....May everybody's flashlight doesn't work ?How to fix it ?? ;)

Guest hugobosslives

yer i had a load of bootloops with this update too.

manually wiping everything apart from /data didn't help.

but its fine as i hadn't done a fresh install since skate ics began so it definitely needed it :D

Guest Ipecac9

Everything works fantastic for me. I wiped /system, /cache and dalvik, installed ROM then gapps, rebooted, created mount script in Link2SD, rebooted once again and then I was good to go! :)

Guest Josh92

1. Enter in Recovery mode

2. Wipe Data / Cache

3. Wipe Dalvik Cache and Battery Stats

4. Format pretty much everything in mounts and storage (Except SD Card)

5. If you formatted the SD Card you can awlays use a Micro SD Adapter and put in your

compatible computer

6. Extract the CM9 ROM (Latest Build) and GAPPS (04/29) to the SD Card

7. Put again the Micro SD inside your phone

7. Boot your phone in recovery and install the ROM and GAPPS by choosing the option - Install zip from sdcard

8. Wipe data and cache again and then choose reboot system now

You're ready to go :)

No you shouldn't need to do all that, certainly your phrasing "extract". You DO NOT extract the zips, just place them on the SD card.

For an update you should only need to do system and dalvik cache, can sometimes get away with even less or none at all in my experience. You can format cache too if you wish, no need to do battery stats etc.

Guest Danielxxx

My Skate wont boot either, i do think it might be a (free)space problem. It just bootloops. Its running for ~7 mins now :)

How much freeee space does this build take up?

same here

Guest csramm

I am using the version, but my only problem was neither the boot, but rather the lack of space, my zte skate ... did not allow many applications using an application could move, but still present problems. taking it and very good.