[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest plegdroid

ok :) can you answer my question wich i add in the post over yours? wich 200 partition i should take ? :)

4 200 system, 2 cache :)

Guest Der_Floo

4 200 system, 2 cache :)

by the way. is there an option to have these settings interface on cfx ? maybe with designs or something like this ?

HTC-One-S-Home-settings-500x442.jpg

Guest hugobosslives

You need a 200 mb system partition TPT. With CFX, you won't get more than 40-50 mb free room on a clean install on your data partition. So you can't really do without Link2SD (or some other way of linking apps).

not quite. you still get 200mb data partition. granted a bit of that you can't use. but for example, right now I have most apps on link2sd with just ones that need to be a little faster on the internal and I still have 103mb free on the internal /data partiton.

mh i would try.

any ideas how i can download Go launcher ? its not compatible in play store :o

google the apk... or go to their website

Guest stiefanu

mh i would try.

Why is it not compatible?

Guest oscar-mark

I'm so stupid!

First I did a full wipe then rebooted without installing ROM.

Then now I forgot to put the update of the ROM on the SD card so I had to reflash the old version.

Guest Redstarr1

mh i would try.

I was going to say it's not compatible because it doesn't support ICS, but then I saw that it's compatible for me... So I wouldn't know why it doesn't work for you. Apex and Nova are good ICS-only launchers, you should give those a try.

not quite. you still get 200mb data partition. granted a bit of that you can't use. but for example, right now I have most apps on link2sd with just ones that need to be a little faster on the internal and I still have 103mb free on the internal /data partiton.

google the apk... or go to their website

Well that's what I was wondering, I know I should have more space, because practically all my apps are linked, and still I only have 40 mb left. Going to wipe my phone soon, probably got garbage cluttering my data partition.

I'm so stupid!

First I did a full wipe then rebooted without installing ROM.

Then now I forgot to put the update of the ROM on the SD card so I had to reflash the old version.

If you'd have used goo.manager app you wouldn't have forgotten to put the update on your ROM :). I think that's the best way to get tilal's ROMs. Requires that you have good wifi though (or a very cheap data plan).

Guest oscar-mark

Reloaded ICS mod stopped working in the latest update! I remember I got the "System UI has crashed" message first time I flashed it in the the old version, but I don't remember how I fixed it!

Guest hugobosslives

Just wanted to know if, perhaps, build instructions can be given, similar to, say

http://wiki.cyanogen...ogenMod_(Linux)

but then for ICS and

github.com/ColdFusionX/android_device_zte_skate

github.com/tilal6991/kernel_zte_blade

Thanks

there's a thread in the blade (rom) forum about how to compile cm9.

i believe they use lalit's sources so it should be easy to follow and just change your directories to the his skate github sources

Guest Nofan Tasi

Thanks a lot, I did not know about the blade thread ...

So now, can someone adapt the 5 steps blade recipe to become a skate one?

I guess simply replacing blade by skate is not sufficient as one may need to clone lalit's git in between, ...

Thanks for help

Edited by Nofan Tasi

Guest jul57640

yes!!! maybe omx libs for ics will be released soon :D

moderator of qualcomm dev forum says: Hello, we have seen your feedback on this and we are looking into the matter for any possible solutions. Thanks!

cross fingers

Edited by jul57640

Guest razzmataz1478

Thanks a lot, I did not know about the blade thread ...

So now, can someone adapt the 5 steps blade recipe to become a skate one?

I guess simply replacing blade by skate is not sufficient as one may need to clone lalit's git in between, ...

Thanks for help

Message me.

Guest hugobosslives

Message me.

to be fair. we should probably start our own skate cm9 compiling thread. if anyone has the time (and knowledge ;))

Guest Nofan Tasi

Hi razzmataz#, others

I am stuck @ lunch

~/cm9$ lunch

this does not show any skate|blade

but, I recall having seen zte-skate-* when I was 'blindly' trying after cloning tilal6991&ColdFusionX

in short, some foolproof recipe would be welcome

(about foolproof: I happen to use a 'spare' ubuntu 64bit laptop (but I am a gentoo server guy) and it has gcc 4.6, so even there I might eventually go blind)

Guest timoti111

Hi i can see that wi-fi is now really slower now. Before in 15/5 build I downloaded 9 mb in 15-20 sec now at least 1min. Hmm only I have this issue or you too?

Guest igibi

battery go down very fast on this rom,how to fix that?

Battery does not go down faster,im using it with full brightness and oc'd processor and it lasts for day and a half - two days.Only problem which i have atm is not being able to play 800x480 videos,it plays the sound but video is lagging bad.Any help with that? Thanks in advance!

Guest vw.cobra

MMS is a known issue with CM9. About wifi, do you have some kind of battery saving app that puts your wifi to sleep at a given point?

I do not know exactly where the problem is with wifi. He goes well, should I download applications from Google Play, sharply and suddenly slow down or completely fails. Usually I have to restart wifi or even the entire phone to wifi to work again. I donť have aplication for wifi... Recommend something?

(Google translate)

Edited by vw.cobra

Guest jtharmor

Battery does not go down faster,im using it with full brightness and oc'd processor and it lasts for day and a half - two days.Only problem which i have atm is not being able to play 800x480 videos,it plays the sound but video is lagging bad.Any help with that? Thanks in advance!

Dont bluff......u cannot get that much battery if u use the phone

Guest razzmataz1478

to be fair. we should probably start our own skate cm9 compiling thread. if anyone has the time (and knowledge ;))

Idea

Guest hugobosslives

Hi razzmataz#, others

I am stuck @ lunch

~/cm9$ lunch

this does not show any skate|blade

but, I recall having seen zte-skate-* when I was 'blindly' trying after cloning tilal6991&ColdFusionX

in short, some foolproof recipe would be welcome

(about foolproof: I happen to use a 'spare' ubuntu 64bit laptop (but I am a gentoo server guy) and it has gcc 4.6, so even there I might eventually go blind)

Idea

on that note. raz has now started a new thread which can be found here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/354780-guidecompiling-cm9-for-zte-skate/

can we keep all build questions on that thread as this one is for lalit's cfx builds.

tho feel to drop links to your new builds if they are an update on lalit's (i.e. he has not compilied in a while and you have gone and repo synced and added more merged features from gerrit which people who can't build may be interested)

Guest hugobosslives

on that note. raz has now started a new thread which can be found here: http://www.modaco.co...-for-zte-skate/

can we keep all build questions on that thread as this one is for lalit's cfx builds.

tho feel to drop links to your new builds if they are an update on lalit's (i.e. he has not compilied in a while and you have gone and repo synced and added more merged features from gerrit which people who can't build may be interested in)

edit: sorry no idea why it posted and then quoted me. in a double post. this site is still not perfect with mobiles

Edited by hugobosslives