[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Redstarr1

There should be a thread with frequently asked questions for all roms. People are asking the same questions all the time, even making new threads for it. If there's a real problem I'm always glad to help someone out (even though I don't really know a lot myself), but some guys seem to think this forum is a personal helpdesk.

@Dukelord: you're kind of making a habit of pointing out bugs that everyone already knows about (the stuttering music you said earlier?). Okay maybe it was a bit uncalled for that people were unfriendly to you, but as I said, this is not a helpdesk. You are expected to read a bit. You don't have to read 317 pages to know that the flash isn't working.

Really bummed I sent my phone up for repairs, can't check all this new rom-goodness :(.

Guest Pablo87

Partially Working:

Video decoding - slightly choppy but working

Youtube - HQ is laggy - LQ is fine

If for example, Maclaw that develops CM9 for Samsung Galaxy Ace whitch is almost completely the same ( ARMv6 800MHz / Adreno 200 / 278MB Ram ) as our Skate manage to get video acceleration working can you use his source to fix this problem on Skate ?

Also tomorrow I should fix video acceleration (yup, no more laggy HQ youtube or reboot after 10-15 minutes of watching videos).

http://maclaw.pl/?p=61

Edited by Pablo87

Guest gavin.19

If for example, Maclaw that develops CM9 for Samsung Galaxy Ace whitch is almost completely the same ( ARMv6 800MHz / Adreno 200 / 278MB Ram ) as our Skate manage to get video acceleration working can you use his source to fix this problem on Skate ?

If the HW issues can be overcome then using CFX over CM7 would be a no-brainer. It's the only thing that's keeping me on Mokee (although Mokee is fantastic already).

Guest cooler11

Although this topic is now about 320 pages long, it seem to be one from the few that I have gone to connect skate with my laptop, using bluetooth connection.

Since wifi tethering is a nightmare.

So, I am able to connect, I am able to surf, but I discovered a serious problem: it seems that something goes wrong and somehow the files are changed or 'interfered'! I saw such a thing when I tried to upload an image file from my hard disk to imageshack. The image was ok in my computer. But it was bad when I upload it. Also I had problems with documents I sent with mail.

I 've used bluetooth tethering-net connection in the past, with old nokia's, with no problems at all.

But with skate, there is a problem.

So I still wait for a proper wifi tethering. (something going on with wifi channels I thing-I mentioned it in previous post).

If somebody has some knowledge about the above problem, please tell me.

Guest sandroe123

Great mod!

Somebody got the right specs to get Spirit FM app working? Or other possibilities to get the FM Radio working?

Guest creedence

I have received today a dual core HTC in the hands.CM9 original update of network operators A1.

ICS 4.0.3

Have tested functionality.

Home screen scroll back and forth. " sudden crash and reboot

Change system settings " sudden crash and reboot

Drawer apps start and finish " sudden crash and restart

Phone calls and sms " sudden crash and restart

Conclusion: CM9 of Tilal does not crash, liquid, soft and stable.

tilal Sincerely,you're fantastic! Thank you very much

Edited by creedence

Guest droidbittin

i started to like Apollo etc, so i will stay on tilals 05/30 build instead of jumping on C3C0s build this time being :P

Guest creedence

In the new rom from C3C0 lagfree is set.

The Governor in acute severe power demand does not rise immediately to 100%.

The frequency is controlled soft. Regulated soft and smooth. Very interesting.

Thanks

Guest Josh92

Although this topic is now about 320 pages long, it seem to be one from the few that I have gone to connect skate with my laptop, using bluetooth connection.

Since wifi tethering is a nightmare.

So, I am able to connect, I am able to surf, but I discovered a serious problem: it seems that something goes wrong and somehow the files are changed or 'interfered'! I saw such a thing when I tried to upload an image file from my hard disk to imageshack. The image was ok in my computer. But it was bad when I upload it. Also I had problems with documents I sent with mail.

I 've used bluetooth tethering-net connection in the past, with old nokia's, with no problems at all.

But with skate, there is a problem.

So I still wait for a proper wifi tethering. (something going on with wifi channels I thing-I mentioned it in previous post).

If somebody has some knowledge about the above problem, please tell me.

Try Wifi Tether app, works perfectly for me with CFX, free too. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=android.tether&hl=en

Guest Redstarr1

I have received today a dual core HTC in the hands.CM9 original update of network operators A1.

ICS 4.0.3

Have tested functionality.

Home screen scroll back and forth. " sudden crash and reboot

Change system settings " sudden crash and reboot

Drawer apps start and finish " sudden crash and restart

Phone calls and sms " sudden crash and restart

Conclusion: CM9 of Tilal does not crash, liquid, soft and stable.

tilal Sincerely,you're fantastic! Thank you very much

Didn't you get a HTC One X? That one's quadcore (or you got a One S). I suppose CM9 isn't as stable on those phones yet, since they're fairly new. Tilal has had half a year of optimizing now. Or were you talking about stock ICS on your HTC crashing? In that case, you really need an update :P.

Guest hugobosslives

Didn't you get a HTC One X? That one's quadcore (or you got a One S).

well the European version is.

my dad picked up one in the states and they have the dual core s4.

Guest creedence

It was stock ICS. An update is really necessary. Since Christmas I follow Tilal work and it is fantastic! :)

Edited by creedence

Guest creedence

well the European version is.

my dad picked up one in the states and they have the dual core s4.

So we Europeans do not it? Okay ... Okay. Only a joke. :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Dukelord

My touch screen has been acting up lately. All of a sudden it stops misbehaving, then it started again today. icons starting up without me pressing anything, things moving around. when i press the power button on and off (without rebooting) for the screen to dim and come back up, it stabilises for 3-5 secs then starts again. I was wondering how i can calibrate my screen with coldfusionx (heard this was risky).Tried *983*0# but its not working, get an error saying connection problem or invalid mmi code

Guest hugobosslives

Tegra 3 isnt 4g

yer that was my point. tegra 3 doesn't yet support LTE modems so until later on in the year all the tegra 3 phones will ship in non-LTE markets and the LTE markets will have the s4 krait core

anyway. ENOUGH. back to skate and ics :D

Guest jtharmor

This is a dead thread now....no new updates or anything.....either someone will say cannot install or someone will say how to install....

Edited by jtharmor