[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Josh92

Extras are stuff that we don't need / dont work on the skate ie. the video editor and the sample videos.

Oh in that case I'm quite happy they didn't install.. ;)

Guest Mtman1

I think cm should of kept the bootanimation how it was, people really liked that one

Oh yeah, thanks lalit for the update for the rom

Edited by Mtman1

Guest Josh92

The extras are there to keep us in line with Tom G's opinion.

My ignorance has me at a loss here..

Early congrats on your 3000th post btw :)

EDIT: Also liking the option to add the in-app menu button, liked that but just not so much the softkeys.

Edited by Josh92

Guest Josh92

Wohooo, statbar brightness control workin' :DD

Thx, for the update!

Yeah that's working quite nicely now, like the toast info panel for it, might try get used to the status bar at the bottom coupled with this.

Guest plegdroid

Choose to 'Create your own TPT' in that app. Set the cache to 2, and system to 210, the data is the remainder. I've only 210MB on the system and the extras installed fine. You can make it 215MB if you want to be sure. Then choose 'Power off to start the TPT'. Grant su permissions when asked and then, when the phone turns off, hold volume up+menu+power button to begin the TPT. Make sure you have the ROM zip (and gapps) on the SD card so you can start installing straight away. The TPT app will dump you into Clockworkmod when it's done (5 seconds).

yes, at least 210 meg system size tpt required for this build.

post-910238-13398024631971_thumb.jpg

nice build Lalit, and as always, thank you very much. :)

Guest debeloid

Good job Tilal!

It seems even faster and smoother than 15.05. built.

Google apps still don't work/appear, but i will dl then from play store.

One funny thing: Apollo's 1x1 widget is invisible :)

Thanks a lot!

Edited by debeloid

Guest Nofan Tasi

Hi Tilal,

Congrats and THX for your work

I wonder: would it make sense to add USB storage to kernel for next ROM?

It is kind of cool to be able to 'play' anything someone presents on a stick

Have a nice life

I have made some experiments with USB support in the past but was facing massive battery drain caused by msm_usb_otg kernel wakelock. So I gave up. I have a flashable zip somewhere on goo.im so if you want to give it a go... But note that it is intended to be used with gingerbread Roms only (skatie and others). It won't boot when used on ics.

Guest bAzYx

Choose to 'Create your own TPT' in that app. Set the cache to 2, and system to 210, the data is the remainder. (...)

I found that link2sd was not able to move some apps from /system to /data with this rom when the cache is 2MB. I personally stick to the (oversized) 35MB

Edited by bAzYx

Guest dibbles

Okey Dokey seems a good time to try out ICS, so I did :)

It seems very smooth and fully functional so far, so a very big thanks to Tilal for all of his hard work :)

Without wishing to change the launcher is there a way to get it to have a Home button within the App drawer without having to use either a softkey or the physical home key..?

Also I see it is a restriction of ICS in not allowing third party apps to write to the APN settings. I used to back mine up and restore them. I am with GiffGaff so I should not have a problem but even with the GiffGaff APN enabled, and data enabled, I no longer see the two small arrows going up and down, indicating data transfer. Or is this normal...?

Thanks for the great ICS ROM, it does seem to be incredibly smooth.

Guest dibbles

I am sure that you are right with the GiffGaff APN, I have even noticed that the small arrows, which were separate in other ROM's, are integrated within the normal signal strength bars for the phone.

I am now using the Nova launcher.

The only thing I'm now getting used to is the much large photos etc of my favourite contacts, which have been integrated within the general contacts list. Previous diallers had them separate.

Edited by dibbles

Guest gavin.19

I found that link2sd was not able to move some apps from /system to /data with this rom when the cache is 2MB. I personally stick to the (oversized) 35MB

I just use the Droidsail linker instead. I had no problem moving any apps. I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to increase it to something in between.

Guest gillestuur

Always updating silencely by goomanager because I'm too busy to test actively, but want you to know that I still love your work! Thanks..

Edited by gillestuur