[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest devinmori

Hello everyone,

First of all thanks to the developer for this wonderful ROM. I got my skate 2 months ago and i am complete noob to flash ROM.

However i follow the instruction mentioned and complete the flashing this ROM. But the wi-fi is not working for me with this ROM. When I turn on the wi-fi and scan the network, i am not able to get any network while wifi network is still there.

I followed the below steps in CWM:

1) format sytem

2) flash rom

3) format data

4) reboot

5) flash gapps

6) reboot

I really like this ROM but wifi is very important for me as i always use internet from wifi in skate. Please help me.

Guest Josh92

Hello everyone,

First of all thanks to the developer for this wonderful ROM. I got my skate 2 months ago and i am complete noob to flash ROM.

However i follow the instruction mentioned and complete the flashing this ROM. But the wi-fi is not working for me with this ROM. When I turn on the wi-fi and scan the network, i am not able to get any network while wifi network is still there.

I followed the below steps in CWM:

1) format sytem

2) flash rom

3) format data

4) reboot

5) flash gapps

6) reboot

I really like this ROM but wifi is very important for me as i always use internet from wifi in skate. Please help me.

Hi, wifi should work perfectly fine, I'd suggest just trying to reflash the rom using the same steps you did before but also clear Cache and wipe Dalvik Cache (in advanced menu if I remember right). These can be done at same time a formatting the system.

Try that and see how you get on.

Guest devinmori

Thanks for quick answer. I re-installed the ICS Rom and i perform wipe cache and delvic cache. During the installation, There is error/warning like

"Not enough space for extras. Skipping...

Install from sdcard complete."

This doesn't seem like normal. I am using 200 mb for system partition. After this installation, there is same problem with wifi. Anyone else has same problem?

Edited by devinmori

Guest Josh92

Yeah I had that, Tilal confirmed extras are only things that are probably not needed, video editor app etc. I believe 210mb is needed for the extras in this build, personally don't want them anyway so left it. Hmm, wifi issue is a strange one, don't think its come up before, not sure what to suggest myself.

Guest e.miron

I also have some strange behaviour, when I get notification of updates for some of my apps, I download the update and when trying to install I get warning about insufficient space. I have like 120 mb free, using Link2sd without any problems until now. I even tried to uninstall previous version of the app and the redownload and install and the same issue arise..

Guest plegdroid
I also have some strange behaviour, when I get notification of updates for some of my apps, I download the update and when trying to install I get warning about insufficient space. I have like 120 mb free, using Link2sd without any problems until now. I even tried to uninstall previous version of the app and the redownload and install and the same issue arise..

I had this same problem, clear app cache, reboot and it should let you download and install from market. :)

Guest utternoob

Is there a `11link2sd` file in system/etc/init.d you need that file as it tells your phone to mount the partition on boot.?

No. :(

Guest plegdroid
hello need help

how to change the partition size for the rom ?

thanks

Sorry for my bad English

grab tpt helper from market and follow the instructions :)

have a read of this thread also

Edited by plegdroid

Guest gavin.19

hello need help

how to change the partition size for the rom ?

thanks

Sorry for my bad English

See part 10 here - http://www.modaco.com/topic/349541-faq-rooting-for-beginners-updated-26-02-12/

Also Skate TPTs here - http://www.modaco.com/topic/348776-zte-skate-tpts/

TPT Helper too - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amphoras.tpthelper&hl=en

Guest utternoob

Got Link2sd working. Need to have automatically link apps ticked and then recreate scripts. It may have some superuser errors but fixed it in the end

Guest chikalex

can someone pls recommend an app that will enable me set custom music as ringtone?

Try to create folder:

/media/audio/ringtones/ - copy needed ringtone there (this is

/media/audio/alerts/ - for alerts

/media/audio/notifications/ - for notifications

then you get this file available in your settings to set as ringtone or alert or etc. (for ringtones it works, for other two - not sure)

Guest kevinfan

After updating the CM9 ROM, the phone couldn't boot to the ROM. I did data / cache wipe and TPT, but still useless. I've tried to update the CM7 ROM and it worked without problems. Did I do something wrong while updating the CM9 ROM? I've been searching on the net but haven't found someone having such an issue like I do.....Or there is something wrong with my phone......

Guest Dukelord

Try to create folder:

/media/audio/ringtones/ - copy needed ringtone there (this is

/media/audio/alerts/ - for alerts

/media/audio/notifications/ - for notifications

then you get this file available in your settings to set as ringtone or alert or etc. (for ringtones it works, for other two - not sure)

my ringtones dont work anymore. I tried music and my music plays so it means its not a hardware problem. WTF!! help!!!!! Edited by Dukelord

Guest Dukelord

I just tried reinstalling the rom, deleted all the cache and battery stats and dalvik cache except datd, ringtone sound doesn't work, but music plays fine.

Guest Dukelord

You can set ringtone from apollo music player. just long press on song name...

Not working. Infact the default ringtones like cyantone which i normally use before dont produce sound anymore, even when you select them from the list. Hmm......Wait a minute, lemme try something...