[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Redstarr1

You're absolutely sure that the volume for ringtones isn't muted somewhere? It's a bit weird that you're the only one having this. I didn't try putting one of my own mp3's as a ringtone, but the stock ones are working...

Look into Profiles. Might be you have set the Profile with notif sounds muted. This overrides the standard notif volume setting.

Set profile to standard, or try resetting Profiles to default.

Guest chikalex

deleted this three below and still no luck

/media/audio/ringtones/

/media/audio/alerts/

/media/audio/notifications/

Creating these folders will work only if stock ringtones are working correctly. After copying needed mp3 to "ringtones" folder you have to set this mp3 in sound settings as you ringtone. This is used only to eneble custom ringtone setting. Creating this folders in no way will affect anything else.

Try to format system before you flash new ROM.

Guest TouchyAndalou
After updating the CM9 ROM, the phone couldn't boot to the ROM. I did data / cache wipe and TPT, but still useless. I've tried to update the CM7 ROM and it worked without problems. Did I do something wrong while updating the CM9 ROM? I've been searching on the net but haven't found someone having such an issue like I do.....Or there is something wrong with my phone......
Which TPT did you use?

Guest Dukelord

Look into Profiles. Might be you have set the Profile with notif sounds muted. This overrides the standard notif volume setting.

Set profile to standard, or try resetting Profiles to default.

Yup!!! this fixed it. My girlfriend was messing around with the phone yesterday. I apologise for the false alarm.

Guest kevinfan

Which TPT did you use?

I used TPT Helper V2.0.3 downloaded directly from the Market. So does the different version of TPT Helper matter?

Guest Josh92

I used TPT Helper V2.0.3 downloaded directly from the Market. So does the different version of TPT Helper matter?

He means what TPT as in system allocation etc did you use?

Guest razzmataz1478

To the person's phone who won't boot...this might sound stupid, but have you tried just leaving it on the green man? Boot animation is disabled you see so you might just be impatient?

Guest Muloo

To the person's phone who won't boot...this might sound stupid, but have you tried just leaving it on the green man? Boot animation is disabled you see so you might just be impatient?

After fresh install i also get stuck on the green mean man, i waited for 15min, pulled out the battery, restarted and all was fine

Guest kevinfan

He means what TPT as in system allocation etc did you use?

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding....

250M for the /system, 10M for the /cache and the rest are for the /data

Guest kevinfan

After fresh install i also get stuck on the green mean man, i waited for 15min, pulled out the battery, restarted and all was fine

Ok, I might try this first to see how it goes.....

Guest Scybalon

I just got one problem which really bugs me:

I use s2e and it works as expected. The only disadvantage I have registered so far is, that switching the phone form mute to vibracall or loud is very laggy. Before installing s2e everything worked fine. I moved all possible parts (dalvik,...) to my ext-partition. Is it possible that my sd-card is too slow or should I leave a specific cache on the phone?

I am sorry if I misuse this thread, but I thought it partly fits in here.

Just in case anybody faces the same problem as I did.

I found a solution which works for me.

Just disable all the other sound options you don't need. In my case I only left [vibracall] and [vibrating+ringtone].

When I want to switch from one to the other it is reall fast without any lag like I faced before.

-----------------

fyi:

Just had a reboot after I tried to call someone. This is the first time this happened.

Guest Josh92

Ok, I might try this first to see how it goes.....

Yeah try that, not sure what the problem is myself, TPT should be fine.

How disable a sound of a camera?

And how to update firmware at next firmware version update, completely erasing all data?

Camera, not sure, update, just format cache and Dalvik cache then flash update rom.

The option to mute the camera MAY be added to CM9 (the base code of CFX) shortly:

http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/17810/

However as a stop gap measure I just replace the file in the zip \system\media\audio\ui\camera_click.ogg' with one that is silent before flashing. It's as simple as opening the Zip and copy / pasting the silent files over the originals.

see this link:

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=878040

Sam

Edited by Sgl

Guest hugobosslives

The option to mute the camera MAY be added to CM9 (the base code of CFX) shortly:

http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/17810/

may not get approved very quickly as it is illegal in alot of countries to not have this sound.

only just got into cm7 with a disclaimer underneath the option.

for the time being just take out the sound file that it plays.

(or if you've got time create a quick flashable zip to flash after the rom which removes it\)

Guest debeloid

In "Camera ICS" app from Google Play Store you can disable sound, and also use volume up/down buttond to make photos with or without AF...

Guest WestWallPoma

Reinstalled this ROM after lapsing back to the very excellent CM7 while waiting for the bluetooth fixes etc to come in line.

Only issue I've had so far (other than lack of space for apps - easily solved with Link2SD which I prefer) was Voice Search not working.

To resolve this, remove the system app using Link2SD (choose System Apps from the filter), scroll down to Voice Search and choose uninstall. Next, install Voice Search from Google Play and - bingo - voice searching functions correctly.

Excellent work to all involved. Not bad for £80 quid, this phone :)

Guest WiiSky70

Minor Bugs found actually i don't know if they are in previous versions of the ROM but this are too small and doesn't matter to the dev.

post-979671-0-97680900-1340226281_thumb.

post-979671-0-07257800-1340226285_thumb.

Guest BAHO4899

had a problem with slideIT with this rom ^^ so the keyboard stops to appear when i click on any input area :( is this a cause of the rom or application compabilities to ics ? hadn´t this problem on 2.3.5 version