[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest droidbittin

i just updated it and it works flawless, tough i did not like the transperancy but i disabled that in the settings :P :)

Guest thomcd

I've CM9 installed since sunday and I've noticed a few bugs (that I don't think is mentioned before) : 1. I know HQ youtube doesn't work, but on the mobile website of youtube the LQ doesn't work either unless you enable full screen (maybe this and the HQ in the youtube app can be fixed if you fix the video scaling), 2. I know the S2E is not working (I've tried the fixed version somewhere posted on this forum too, it's a real shame because Link2SD works but doesn't move the apps to the ext partition but merely links them with as result the phone memory doesn't think the app is moved and the available space is still the same if you don't move the app beating the purpose of having a ext partition), but I had to have a bit of a try and error to find the best ext partition (turns out only ext2 works) and have lost my data on the SD on the way (at some time the phone completely didn't recognized the microSD card anymore so I had to perform a complete format and repartitioning, well it's not to bad but I have to play angry birds, angry piggy, drag racing,... all over again).

Guest Redstarr1

I've CM9 installed since sunday and I've noticed a few bugs (that I don't think is mentioned before) : 1. I know HQ youtube doesn't work, but on the mobile website of youtube the LQ doesn't work either unless you enable full screen (maybe this and the HQ in the youtube app can be fixed if you fix the video scaling), 2. I know the S2E is not working (I've tried the fixed version somewhere posted on this forum too, it's a real shame because Link2SD works but doesn't move the apps to the ext partition but merely links them with as result the phone memory doesn't think the app is moved and the available space is still the same if you don't move the app beating the purpose of having a ext partition), but I had to have a bit of a try and error to find the best ext partition (turns out only ext2 works) and have lost my data on the SD on the way (at some time the phone completely didn't recognized the microSD card anymore so I had to perform a complete format and repartitioning, well it's not to bad but I have to play angry birds, angry piggy, drag racing,... all over again).

I think you're not using Link2SD right... If you do it properly, the apps will be linked to your ext-partition and won't take up space in your phone (Simple2SD does exactly the same thing by the way, just less flexible). Remember that the app should be in phone memory and then you can link, not move, also recreate your loading scripts to be sure they're okay. The SD card having errors isn't really a bug related to this rom, more related to Simple2SD, isn't it :).

hi dose anyone know if there is a nework update or something for this rom for giffgaff i've had no signal for days and cant get it back can anyone offer any help

Guest Josh92

hi dose anyone know if there is a nework update or something for this rom for giffgaff i've had no signal for days and cant get it back can anyone offer any help

Sorry got no suggestions, I'm on GiffGaff and never had a problem with the ROM though.

Guest WiiSky70

I would also like to see major fixes about the unsolved problems of this rom and not just some aesthetic changes.

But maybe this is too difficult due to existing drivers.

I think it worth's a try, from everybody with programming skills or similar knowledge, to try fix the major problems of this excellent rom.

DELETE

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest WiiSky70

Yes it's ok for download. I uploaded it yesterday but goo was having problems with their server so I couldn't post the link. Will update first two posts today.

Had you tried to contact both QCOM and ZTE Corp. about drivers and sources that are in development by them ?

Do like PaulOBrien who contacted them via EMAIL and if you're lucky maybe they will reply with an official response

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest tilal6991

Had you tried to contact both QCOM and ZTE Corp. about drivers and sources that are in development by them ?

Do like PaulOBrien who contacted them via EMAIL and if you're lucky maybe they will reply with an official response

Qcom have already said they aren't going to help. Zte are never going to respond. They barely gave us the kernel source.

Guest Redstarr1

Qualcomm has been contacted often enough and they're refusing to support. Quoting razzmataz a few pages back:

"Just a note: QUALCOMM HAVE SAID NO TO SUPPORTING OPENMAX VIDEO CODEC, SO:

NO PANORAMA

NO HQ YOUTUBE

Now please stop asking for these to be fixed, as it is now likely they never will"

Isn't that clear?

Guest crnadakm

It should be written in the first post that those things can not be fixed, maybe then people will stop asking...

Zte and Qcom will never help, it is not in their interest. Skate is their old model, they need to sell their new devices and ICS is their strongest selling point.

So no support from them.

Guest thomcd

I think you're not using Link2SD right... If you do it properly, the apps will be linked to your ext-partition and won't take up space in your phone (Simple2SD does exactly the same thing by the way, just less flexible). Remember that the app should be in phone memory and then you can link, not move, also recreate your loading scripts to be sure they're okay. The SD card having errors isn't really a bug related to this rom, more related to Simple2SD, isn't it .

Link2SD (blue microsd icon with a white arrow) with the doesn't recognize ext 3 or ext 4 right? I tried to format the microsd card to fat32 but it didn't work either (I even lost my data on my microsd as the partition wasn't recognized anymore).

Guest creedence

Qcom have already said they aren't going to help. Zte are never going to respond. They barely gave us the kernel source.

It is sad! :( This ROM is now fluid, colorful, strong and fast.

We thank you for everything.

Guest WiiSky70

Qualcomm has been contacted often enough and they're refusing to support. Quoting razzmataz a few pages back:

"Just a note: QUALCOMM HAVE SAID NO TO SUPPORTING OPENMAX VIDEO CODEC, SO:

NO PANORAMA

NO HQ YOUTUBE

Now please stop asking for these to be fixed, as it is now likely they never will"

Isn't that clear?

OMG , now they want all the people to buy the Android 2.3 devices with that old ARMv6 , this is unfair

Guest Redstarr1

They're not selling the phones with stickers "Runs ICS" on them. It's specifically stated on the box that the phone works on Android 2.3. Why on earth should they give us a free update? That would stop us from buying a new phone, costing the manufacturer money to make new drivers AND having less sales. They can't pull new drivers out of a magic hat, they'd have to make those. The graphics drivers got updated to ICS because the Adreno 200 gpu is still being used in newer ICS phones (any phone with a Qualcomm MSM7227A SoC, like the LG L7), so they were already there, it didn't cost them anything to just release them.

Not that I like their way of working, but from a business point of view it makes perfect sense. We're already getting way more than what we bargained for. ICS isn't supposed to be on our phones at all. We are actually the ones who are cheating and being unfair (you aren't using your phone like ZTE intended when you install a custom rom). It's as if you're saying that ICS is just a minor, necessary security upgrade, but it isn't, it's a major new version.

Guest betterthanjordan79

Is anyone else having a problem with the notification bar? I've noticed this for the past 2 builds...I'm currently on 25/06/12 experimental build. Sometimes when I receive a message I pull it down but it remains blank for a long time(about 15 seconds)..it also drops the shortcut icons like WiFi etc.

Guest razzmataz1478

Is anyone else having a problem with the notification bar? I've noticed this for the past 2 builds...I'm currently on 25/06/12 experimental build. Sometimes when I receive a message I pull it down but it remains blank for a long time(about 15 seconds)..it also drops the shortcut icons like WiFi etc.

Yeah it always happens to me but i don't really care...

Guest jtharmor

The important thing is that most things either work or there is a work around for it

Can you give work arounds for all the non working items please.....

Guest creedence

Tilal, so that's the end. Perhaps you have some ideas? If no update? It so exciting to wait, always on the new update. :(:(:(

Guest King Mustard

I have the latest version of this ROM installed (15/06) yet Goo.im (which was installed with the ROM) is telling me there is a ROM update.

Should I ignore it?

Guest plegdroid
I have the latest version of this ROM installed (15/06) yet Goo.im (which was installed with the ROM) is telling me there is a ROM update.

Should I ignore it?

evening,

no, a new is up 25-06-12cfx, very, very nice rom :)