[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest omegavesko

This is probably a silly question, but bear with me.

This rom being as large as it is, won't fit on any of the default tpt layouts. If I create a custom one, say 215/5/whatever is left, is it any more likely to brick my phone than the default ones?

Edited by omegavesko

Guest hugobosslives

Deleting something will improve the speed of the ROM? I mean it is perfect but just a bit slow.

no. (well maybe if you delete a few system apps it may load a bit quicker).

what i meant was if you wanted to stay on 200mb tpt. then delete a bit to get it under 220mb.

the rom is easily as fast a gb for me in normal use. you must have set it up wrong. (either that or all my tweaking has paid off :D

This is probably a silly question, but bear with me.

This rom being as large as it is, won't fit on any of the default tpt layouts. If I create a custom one, say 215/5/whatever is left, is it any more likely to brick my phone than the default ones?

nah you should be fine.

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest dandare75

Thanks Titial!!

Was looking forward to get the last bugs fixed.... :(

Youtube crashes...

Notification area strange color in apps...

The rest i have not found any problems (at least the stuf i use most is doing fine!!)

Guest plegdroid
Hey folks,

I tried to repartition my zte skate from 200/35/205 (option 2a) I had before to 210/5/225 custom layout, but when checking the image dir, I always

get 2 out of 4 failed. It worked before with the layout downloaded in this forum.

I updated CWM Recovery to version 5smth and it's working fine.

Any ideas what I can do to get it right ?

Thnx!

Firewalker

if it's a custom tpt, 2 will fail, as the only 2 it can verify with md5 will be, yes it's got the tpt base for the skate, and the cwm file is correct. it's ok to use :D

Guest dandare75

Found the fix for the youtube some posts back!!! great!!!

just a quick question... how do i install the UI fix?? 28-06-12bluesystemui-apk

Does this fix the notification color in apps?

Thanks!!!

Guest plegdroid
Found the fix for the youtube some posts back!!! great!!!

just a quick question... how do i install the UI fix?? 28-06-12bluesystemui-apk

Does this fix the notification color in apps?

Thanks!!!

it's not a fix, just a blue tint mod, flash in cwm :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest dandare75

Hi Plegdroid... i did it that way and i still see the area in white color when in apps for example dolphin browser...

Is it normal? With the 15062012 rom i didn't get this color issue

Thabks for your help!!!!

Guest plegdroid
Hi Plegdroid... i did it that way and i still see the area in white color when in apps for example dolphin browser...

Is it normal? With the 15062012 rom i didn't get this color issue

Thabks for your help!!!!

afternoon, can you do a screen shot :)

if iam thinking what your saying, the mod would only change the ui, not your apps.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest repa6

Functionality:

Working:

WiFi

Full Hardware Acceleration with OpenGL

Smooth UI

Mobile data 2G and 3G

Network

Audio

Sensors

Live Wallpapers

USB Mass Storage

USB tethering

WiFi tethering - Use an external app

Camera

Video recording

Bluetooth

Everything else apart from stuff below

Partially Working:

Video decoding - choppy but working - ie. Youtube - HQ is laggy - LQ is fine

Not Working:

Panorama in camera

FM Radio

Changelog:

28/06/2012

Added more settings to CFX Settings

Significantly improved app opening times on cold boot

Added some more Gerrit patches

Synced with CM9 repos

More stuff

since the last update the gps is not working for me. is there any solution? anyone experienced the same or is there someone who got the gps working?

Guest sui785

since the last update the gps is not working for me. is there any solution? anyone experienced the same or is there someone who got the gps working?

Everything is working fine here with the 28/06 build and s3 kernel. Are you sure that the settings are correct?

post-541478-1341070863107_thumb.jpg

Guest Josh92

GPS is fine, have used Navigation with it. Provided you've definitely turned it on properly then easiest thing to do is try reflashing the ROM if you can't see any other reason for it.

I don't care. My day isn't made of browsing.

What's your point? If you feel GB is faster & therefore more worth using for you then use it, no need to clog up the thread.

Guest mrvlhs

The point is that "Full HW acceleration makes it faster than Gingerbread!" is a false statement. Also, already tested in browing and I see no difference in experience. It's as good as logicmod with dolphin mini. This rom is just a big disappointment. Full hardware acceleration, can't decode videos properly. Scumbag ROM.

Edited by mrvlhs

Guest utternoob

Is someone makng you use this rom? No, so stop moaning about it and stay with whatever ROM you prefer and be quiet because nobody wants to read your incessant whining

Guest mrvlhs

Well, I did make general comments. I tested the ROM so I know what I'm talking about. I think it's bad, and I gave my reasons. Just as fair as anyone coming here giving thumbs up. According to your way of thinking, if you don't like it, don't read it.