[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest e.miron

Ok, you have made your opinion known, it's a bad ROM, Ok , get over it and move along. Make room for the next whiner who don't like getting for free what others get for money.

SGS 3 is always an option.

Guest Josh92

Well, I did make general comments. I tested the ROM so I know what I'm talking about. I think it's bad, and I gave my reasons. Just as fair as anyone coming here giving thumbs up. According to your way of thinking, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Hi, Firstly, Tilal wrote that info post a long time ago, GB devs could have improved performance since then.

It's a thread for people using this rom, and as you've noticed it's ICS, of course we're going to favour it.

We don't need to hear why you think it's bad and it's completely un-constructive feedback. It's not like you've paid for it, or Tilal is earning from it, he's doing it completely in his own time for nothing.

Please just go use whatever rom you like and leave this for people wanting to discuss the rom they want to.

Guest Redstarr1

Well, I did make general comments. I tested the ROM so I know what I'm talking about. I think it's bad, and I gave my reasons. Just as fair as anyone coming here giving thumbs up. According to your way of thinking, if you don't like it, don't read it.

You are entitled to your opinions and you can voice them as well, but you have to keep your manners. The reason these guys jumped up to you is because you were using bad words. Would you like you (or your work) being called a scumbag? That's a kick in the nuts dude.

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest mrvlhs

Hi, Firstly, Tilal wrote that info post a long time ago, GB devs could have improved performance since then.

It's a thread for people using this rom, and as you've noticed it's ICS, of course we're going to favour it.

We don't need to hear why you think it's bad and it's completely un-constructive feedback. It's not like you've paid for it, or Tilal is earning from it, he's doing it completely in his own time for nothing.

Please just go use whatever rom you like and leave this for people wanting to discuss the rom they want to.

Hi,

In the first place, tilal6991 also developed the ROM with wich I was comparing this one to, Logicmod.

In second place, if the first post is outdated and contains false information, it isn't my fault. Update it.

In third place, as you said this is a thread for people using this ROM, and I am currently still using it. If I thought ICS was rubbish in the first place, I wouldn't take the time to install it. I still don't think it's complete rubbish, but it doesn't live up to it's expectations and all the hype surrounding it.

In fourth place, you don't need to hear why I think this ROM is bad, but I regret to inform you this thread wasn't created to suit your needs.

In fifth place, I haven't payed for it, but I also didn't ask tilal6991 to make it for me. He's doing it out of his free time because that's what he wants to do with it. I don't owe him anything. If it's for nothing, well... you wouldn't know...

As for the un-constructive feedback, please, tell me again how constructive are your

Loving the rom and ICS so far.
comments. Edited by mrvlhs

Guest almera8

The latest build brakes the bar code scanning preview for me. Haven't tried wiping.

I have tried four roms the last week. Atomicmod, mokee, paranoid Android and CFX. And I finally understand why CWM is so good. Backup and restore another ROM in minutes rather than reinstall and hours. Atomicmod wins for battery life with low usage, I think it feels a little slower compared to the other roms. Although the antutu benchmark says otherwise. I think when PA is compiled like CFX I'm going to stick with that (or maybe jelly bean). I use the phone primarily for browsing, a little texting, take some pictures and even less calling. CFX is the only ROM that calibrates the proximity sensor correct for me.

Guest e.miron

Hi,

In the first place, tilal6991 also developed the ROM with wich I was comparing this one to, Logicmod.

In second place, if the first post is outdated and contains false information, it isn't my fault. Update it.

In third place, as you said this is a thread for people using this ROM, and I am currently still using it. If I thought ICS was rubbish in the first place, I wouldn't take the time to install it. I still don't think it's complete rubbish, but it doesn't live up to it's expectations and all the hype surrounding it.

In fourth place, you don't need to hear why I think this ROM is bad, but I regret to inform you this thread wasn't created to suit your needs.

In fifth place, I haven't payed for it, but I also didn't ask tilal6991 to make it for me. He's doing it out of his free time because that's what he wants to do with it. I don't owe him anything. If it's for nothing, well... you wouldn't know...

As for the un-constructive feedback, please, tell me again how constructive are your comments.

1- for which you should adress more respectfully to the developer and his work.

2- if you dont know what HW acc is that does not make it false or untrue.

3- no one is forcing you to use this ROM. Giving that is not an official ZTE upgrade, it is to the merit of the developer that it works at all.

4- yes, you are right, we don't need to hear your opinions on the ROM and this thread was not created to suit your needs either.

5- you are also right, since you did not paid for it you don't get the right to complain. You are also right because Tilal indeed did not build the ROM for your specific needs, so this also forfeits your right to complain.

You are also right that you don't owe anything to Tilal, so he do not owe you a response or resolve your problems either.

So, as you can see you are always right. Congratulations.

Edited by e.miron

Guest sasa_gm

Hello. I'm new here. This rom is great. Like it very much. Just one question for now:

Can i get working flash player on this rom?

Guest Josh92

Just reverted back to this after trying Paranoid, negatives slightly outweighed positives compared to this, it would be nice to have the option for setting app specific dpi's on here though as a suggestion.

Guest GT-Driver

What did you took out of the Rom to 90 MB? I deleted apollo and video editor, plus some ringtones and still have 110 MB

I deleted extras folder, bootanimation, CWMWallpapers, RomManager, Email, Calculator, GooManager, HoloSpiralWallpaper,

SpeechRecorder and every ringtone, notification and alarm except the Cyan* ones.

I also used mini-gapps and deleted Talk.

Guest Skate Away

just delete a few things from the zip (about 15mb should take the install size under 200mb)

i reccomend taking out ringtones and the video editor apk

(don't unzip, just view the achive and delete the files)

Hi,

I'm running 31-05 and having missed the 15-06 release (due to no net access) I reckon I should go straight to the 28-06 release.

I've got a couple of questions, if anyone can help ?

Is it possible to check the partition sizes from ICS - I'm sure I found this, but can't find it now.

"just view the achive and delete the files" - what program do I need to be able to do this ?

Should I install over the current install ?

Should I wipe anything ?

Many thanks everyone :)

Guest Redstarr1

To check your partition size, open terminal emulator and type df (enter).

Use androzip to edit a zip. Don't extract it, juist delete the proper files.

You can just install without wiping. I'd wipe dalvik and cache though.

Guest Skate Away

To check your partition size, open terminal emulator and type df (enter).

Use androzip to edit a zip. Don't extract it, juist delete the proper files.

You can just install without wiping. I'd wipe dalvik and cache though.

/dev size 210M used 48k

/mnt/asec size 210M used 0k

/mnt/obb size 210M used 0k

/system size 200M used 196M

/data size 238M used 212M

/cache size 2M used 1M

I guess the latter 3 are the ones I'm interested in..

I've removed the video editor - what else can go ?

Where is the extras folder located ?

Would it be better to TPT or to try to trim the install file ?

TIA :)

Guest sasa_gm

Guys, one more question. When i'm receving a phone call, and then slide to answer, speaker mode turns on without touching that option? I heard that it is global problem with CM. Is there any way to fix this?

Edited by sasa_gm

Guest creedence
Guys, one more question. When i'm receving a phone call, and then slide to answer, speaker mode turns on without touching that option? I heard that it is global problem with CM. Is there any way to fix this?

Unfortunately, it is unknown to me.

Guest repa6

GPS is fine, have used Navigation with it. Provided you've definitely turned it on properly then easiest thing to do is try reflashing the ROM if you can't see any other reason for it.

thanx, after reflashing it works.

Guest omegavesko
Hello. I'm new here. This rom is great. Like it very much. Just one question for now:

Can i get working flash player on this rom?

Nope, never going to happen on the skate. It's not a rom issue, it's a hardware issue - flash doesn't work on armv6 CPUs, which our phone has.

Guest Josh92

thanx, after reflashing it works.

Great :)

Nope, never going to happen on the skate. It's not a rom issue, it's a hardware issue - flash doesn't work on armv6 CPUs, which our phone has.

Indeed, though now Flash is finally almost dead (should have been some time ago imo) it shouldn't be that big of a deal as people should be replacing Flash based stuff with an alternative (html5 for example).