[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Firewalker1980

Thnx for the replies! :-)

I worked fine indeed, tpt layout changed, rom installed and everything seems to be working fine :)

Cheers!

Guest Firewalker1980

Just a quick question:

Anyone changed options of the performance menu in this ROM and had improved performance without it being unstable or anything ?

(cpu freq., ram settings etc)

Thnx for the feedback!

Fire

Guest Redstarr1

/dev size 210M used 48k

/mnt/asec size 210M used 0k

/mnt/obb size 210M used 0k

/system size 200M used 196M

/data size 238M used 212M

/cache size 2M used 1M

I guess the latter 3 are the ones I'm interested in..

I've removed the video editor - what else can go ?

Where is the extras folder located ?

Would it be better to TPT or to try to trim the install file ?

TIA :)

I have the latest CFX running on a 200 MB system partition without trimming (and gapps of 29-04). Don't know what's missing but guessing it's not important.

Guest hugobosslives

Just a quick question:

Anyone changed options of the performance menu in this ROM and had improved performance without it being unstable or anything ?

(cpu freq., ram settings etc)

Thnx for the feedback!

Fire

have a play around an see whats best for you.

my personal settings are normally:

smartassv2 979-122

surface dithering off

16 bit transparency on

memory defaults

tho these may be unstable for you. play around and see what works for you best

Guest Skate Away

I have the latest CFX running on a 200 MB system partition without trimming (and gapps of 29-04). Don't know what's missing but guessing it's not important.

Cheers :)

I didn't want to TPT, so I trimmed the ROM, I took out the video editor (which apparently doesn't work ?) and most of the CM wallpapers. Couldn't find the extras folder mentioned earlier...

Can't find the stock wallpapers to remove either, though.

I'd like to remove some of the live wallpapers, but not all of them, haven't worked out how to, yet.

These look like they could go:

Apollo.apk

Galaxy4.apk

HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk

LiveWallpapers.apk

MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk

VisualizationWallpapers.apk

Currently: System 200M used 194M :)

Guest trueno2k

Last night I did a complete wipe on my OMC ( as it was doing that flickering thing again like I showed in my previous 2 videos but it was constantly on all day ) and flashed 28/06 CFX build and finding the fresh install build very very smooth & speedy ( but will see over time after setting it up fully & installing the rest of my apps on my OMC ), however it still not butter smooth & speedy :P LOL...

However, lately the past month or so, I've been using my WiFi connection to my home router for the past couple of CFX builds which I only experienced lost connection issues, but for this build ( 28/06 ) I'm finding the WiFi experience a lot laggy and also getting lost connections in some of the apps I've got installed in my OMC atm... Is there anyone else finding the same issues?... Who hasn't faced this issue on the 25/06 build please also comment...

In Play Store it repeatedly keeps loosing connections and I have to press the retry button over & over until it gains WiFi data connection back, in my Nectar app when I do a search it takes a lot longer than before to display the results, and on my browser the same thing... There will be a lot more apps which I need data connections to while I am at home so will be needing the WiFi signal to be strong & un-interruptible!...

Was just wondering what differences has changed to the WiFi signal compared to earlier last months builds ( I was running 15/06 build if you were wondering )?... So far the HSPA data signal has been okay but also finding the experience still a little laggy compared the last build I used, but not very bad though...

@Lalit

If you need me to, I'll try & upload a Logcat on request!...

Guest oscar-mark

Hey I got the latest version of the ROM on a skate v2a partition, and it is perfect, but I want some more space for games (my brother), how do I remove system apps like Apollo, video editor etc.? And what more can I easily delete?

Also is it possible to overclock?

Thank you!

Guest omegavesko
Hey I got the latest version of the ROM on a skate v2a partition, and it is perfect, but I want some more space for games (my brother), how do I remove system apps like Apollo, video editor etc.? And what more can I easily delete?

Also is it possible to overclock?

Thank you!

You wouldn't have to bother with trimming at this point, since it has flashed properly. Just use link2sd or something to save space.

I do think overclocking works, though I haven't tried it yet.

Guest sasa_gm

Unfortunately, it is unknown to me.

Hmmm..I think that there is an app that causing the problem. I had the same problem with my prevorious phone running cm9.

Guest trueno2k

Just tried launching YouTube app after installing it from Play Store & it kept crashing!... Anyone got YouTube working under CFX 28/06 build?... I am gonna re-flash a slightly different modified CFX & Gapps zips I done myself to see whether the apks I used in both CFX & Gapps zips ( I created ) caused the issues... brb...

Guest Redstarr1

Just tried launching YouTube app after installing it from Play Store & it kept crashing!... Anyone got YouTube working under CFX 28/06 build?... I am gonna re-flash a slightly different modified CFX & Gapps zips I done myself to see whether the apks I used in both CFX & Gapps zips ( I created ) caused the issues... brb...

Yeah it's a problem with new YouTube. I posted a link to an older apk on my dropbox a few pages back.

http://db.tt/bBmt3mTQ

Guest trueno2k
Yeah it's a problem with new YouTube. I posted a link to an older apk on my dropbox a few pages back.

http://db.tt/bBmt3mTQ

I see, thanks for the link... Now, I just gotta quickly fix the WiFi issue, cuz it's driving me nuts that I have to use my Data allowance alot more because the damn WiFi is not working properly!...

I just re-installed a backed up copy of the Play Store Youtube app and it seems to be working, and I know this because it's using the new YouTube interface where the subscribed list on the left and the videos on the right where you can slide in with a swype from right to left on the screen... Seems, no crashing anymore... Have no idea how I got it working!...

Update: I think the YouTube app is crashing due to some issues when the WiFi is turned on!... The app works when using your data allowance but when WiFi is turned on the YouTube app just crashes!...

@Lalit

Is this related to my WiFi issues using Play Store & other apps that need data?

Edited by trueno2k

Guest oscar-mark

Yeah I know that, but do I need a custom kernel? Is the S3 kernel better for Overclocking? Does anyone know like what is stable?

I use No-Frills CPU.

Guest oscar-mark

So link2SD is completely "secure" I mean like no crashes or lag and easy?

And how can I get rid of the SIM card notification?

Edited by oscar-mark

Guest trueno2k
Yeah I know that, but do I need a custom kernel? Is the S3 kernel better for Overclocking? Does anyone know like what is stable?

I use No-Frills CPU.

Who you writing to???... Changing the subject all of a sudden aren't we???... :P Edited by trueno2k

Guest Josh92

I use No-Frills CPU.

Need a custom kernel for what? Overclocking? No, it's stable once you work out what you can push your processor to, basically the same as No Frills, just built into the settings menu. I don't notice much difference with S3, usually just use normal one, somehow fine battery life slightly better which is strange.

No crashes with Link2SD, performance is good, barely a noticable difference if you have a fast card.

What sim card notification?

Guest oscar-mark
Who you writing to???... Changing the subject all of a sudden aren't we???... :P

Oops used the reply button instead of quote button on tapatalk, why is there even an reply button when there is a quote button? :D

Guest oscar-mark
Need a custom kernel for what? Overclocking? No, it's stable once you work out what you can push your processor to, basically the same as No Frills, just built into the settings menu. I don't notice much difference with S3, usually just use normal one, somehow fine battery life slightly better which is strange.

No crashes with Link2SD, performance is good, barely a noticable difference if you have a fast card.

What sim card notification?

Well other phones need custom kernels to be overclocked, I know they're the same I don't know why I said that, I just wanted some statics, cuz I don't like to experiment with Overclocking. Just very light, but stable, overclocking.

I only have a standard 8 gb microSDHC, but I'll try anyway if it's not too complicated.

Wouldn't there be easier to just clean some unnecessary system files/apps and move some other apps to system?

See, ever since I put in a SIM card to the device there's a notification in the notification drawer that is empty. It won't disappear.

Guest alx359

My experience so far (few days):

Everything works great with the 28/06 update in my Monte Carlo (first-time use). Had a few issues with the phone hanging and rebooting, but by changing the CPU frequency from 1000MHz to 900MHz (former worked fine for months in CyanogenMod 7), and the CPU Governor to SMARTASSV2, seems to have made stability substantially better for me.

But my attempts to use any VNC server have been unsuccessful so far. The top apps: DroidVNC and VNC Server do not want to start at all. Any ideas?

Edited by alx359

Guest Redstarr1

Well other phones need custom kernels to be overclocked, I know they're the same I don't know why I said that, I just wanted some statics, cuz I don't like to experiment with Overclocking. Just very light, but stable, overclocking.

I only have a standard 8 gb microSDHC, but I'll try anyway if it's not too complicated.

Wouldn't there be easier to just clean some unnecessary system files/apps and move some other apps to system?

See, ever since I put in a SIM card to the device there's a notification in the notification drawer that is empty. It won't disappear.

I keep my phone on 900 MHz, stays very stable. All Skate custom roms have an overclockable kernel. I'd recommend using the built in overclocking. You're complaining about memory, but you want to use an extra app for something you already have?

I think Link2SD is easier than messing around with your system apps (some apps have to be in system or user, they stop working if you move them). Also you can use Link2SD to (re)move system apps, it's a very handy app, just give it a chance. I couldn't live without it anymore :-p

Guest Josh92

Redstarr's pretty much nailed it, mines at 921mhz and is fine, can go higher if wanted.

Link2sd is great! Best way to go by far, it'll automatically link everything to the sd as soon as you download an app once you've set it up right so very handy. Look out for what class your card is, I'd estimate class 6 or above would be fine, class 10 being most ideal, class 4 may work but you might notice a difference. You can pick them up pretty cheap now, I got a 16gb Lexar class 10 for about £10 6 months ago, does the job fine.

Not heard of the SD card notification before, strange one, could you post a screenshot? Someone might have an idea.

Guest oscar-mark

Ok thanks guys, might try link2SD later, but I noticed that all games are put in SD card with less than 2mb internal so I won't need it right now.

I didn't even know SD cards could be faster or slower until like a month ago when I got a class 6 16gb ultra microSDHC, but that's for my other phone, and right now my brother is happy with it, the games run smooth and the proxy sensor is awesome. Might overclock if he complains, but the battery will drain hyper fast.

The SIM notification, is a SIM card icon and there is only a text with my career.

Also after reboot the notification drawer is empty, no power widget.

Will post screenshot tomorrow, I'm on my other phone and it's late.

Edited by oscar-mark

Guest skYmarine

hello everybody

simple question i have:

dont know why, my android started to display system process information at the top right of the screen

how can i switch it off?