[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Dovbush

I can not believe it.

Thank you very much for your advice.

It seems that it is specifically made ​​that the people had suffered?

Is not it easier just to include file manager in the ROM ?

Edited by Dovbush

Guest SingleWolf
Ok. How to install "file Manager" on Android 4...?

1.Put filemanager apk file in the root directory of your sdcard (and rename it into 1.apk)

2.Open browser

3.Type file:///sdcard/1.apk

Guest Dovbush

1.Put filemanager apk file in the root directory of your sdcard (and rename it into 1.apk)

2.Open browser

3.Type file:///sdcard/1.apk

What do you mean "2.Open browser" , What browser do we have?

Edited by Dovbush

Guest Dovbush

Built-in browser (globe icon in the bar)

Ah...internet browser. Ok thanks.

Take several hours to find out whether the browser where the browser how to install, why, why, and why.

(Well, now if you already know - it's look easy ... but)

The best and easiest way suggested plegdroid #7106

Thanks to everyone!!!

Edited by Dovbush

Guest Redstarr1

Other easy solutions would be:

- to download an apk directly. (like opening a link)

- to put an apk on your dropbox and get it on your phone.

And like said before, to just download it from the Play Store.

About your question why there's no file manager in CFX: because the system partition is full as it is, there's no place. Although I'd prefer Video Editor removed and having a file manager instead (you can always swap apps in the zip yourself though).

Guest plegdroid

I've always wondered myself why no file manager has been included , that's why I made the oi flashable zip. myself may not always have data to go to market to download a file manager, so can see why another way of getting one on the phone, may have been important :)

edit: even when there was room in system, a file manager has never been included with this rom.

the roms I used pre skate, even came with ti free installed, you had the pro key on the sdcard, flashed the rom, and installed from ti.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest banemitre66

Will there be any updates in near future,it seems that everybody is playing with g300 these days?

Edited by banemitre66

Guest ukgnome

Will there be any updates in near future,it seems that everybody is playing with g300 these days?

Has no one explained the updates eta rule?

Guest plegdroid

if it's anything like cfx for the blade, updates, suspended, unless significant update from cm , or jb source released. but that was for the blade, so I could be way off in relation to the skate.

Guest omegavesko
In this version there is no app."file Manager"

How to install anything (exp. ES File Explorer ) from the SD card ?

Thanks

If you can't access the Play store for some reason, you can always enable USB debugging and do an 'adb install app-name.apk'.

Guest omegavesko
if it's anything like cfx for the blade, updates, suspended, unless significant update from cm , or jb source released. but that was for the blade, so I could be way off in relation to the skate.

Well we are getting the 4.1 source in a week or two, but that's a new ROM altogether, not an update to cfx.

Guest Turisu

I can confirm the battery drain/wakelock issue with the latest build. I was getting only 2 days with light use so I rolled back to the 31/05 release and now I've had almost 6 days with exactly the same set of apps installed. Battery stats show the phone as awake virtually all the time with the 28/06 build.

Guest cooler11

I can confirm the battery drain/wakelock issue with the latest build. I was getting only 2 days with light use so I rolled back to the 31/05 release and now I've had almost 6 days with exactly the same set of apps installed. Battery stats show the phone as awake virtually all the time with the 28/06 build.

This is what I told to everybody here, a few posts ago.

I was having 4 days minimum, on battery, with 15/5 version.

And now it is only 2 days with 28/6 version.

It is not my idea, it is a fact.

Guest trueno2k

I must have a dying battery because under light usage my OMC can't last more than 12 hours, so with even more usage the battery life just plummets... You guys must have the most simplest of apps installed or you just don't touch your devices for hours upon hours between usages :P

Update: just under 5 & half hours since off charge and down to less than 70%

Screenshot_2012-07-06-10-00-49.png

Edited by trueno2k

Guest sui785

Four hours off the charge and less then 60%. I have also installed s3 kernel by CECO.

post-541478-13415736187884_thumb.jpg

Edited by sui785

Guest e.miron

If you have mobile data enabled and live in a zone with poor coverage, it is searching always for network and this drains the battery faster than anything. Try to select network manually..Or select 2G only

Edited by e.miron

Guest dandare75

I´ve been using the same settings as with past versions and i have observed that battery drain is higher with this last update... it´s a great rom but battery drain is an important issue.

My solution is that i´ve have bought an extra battery and carry it wih me just in case....

Guest plegdroid

Well we are getting the 4.1 source in a week or two, but that's a new ROM altogether, not an update to cfx.

I'm suspending any further development on this rom unless there are some major developments or Jelly Bean source code is released.

:)

Guest sui785
have you checked if it's sleeping, and if any specific app is causing the battery drainage?

It's sleeping and I still have the same apps as before.

Guest plegdroid

It's sleeping and I still have the same apps as before.

there's definitely something wrong, there's to many people reporting issues with drain with this rom. got to admit it's behaved it self for me today and still have 50% left, this week it's been on charge by now. :!

Edited by plegdroid

Guest felystar

Tilal, is there any Youtube HQ patch like that one you made some time ago? I want to have ICS but I use a lot Youtube and I want to be able to watch HQ videos. I gotta say that the patch you made was working very well. When the time bar dissapeared, the videos played smoothly in HQ and just like it should.

Guest iReece

Tilal, is there any Youtube HQ patch like that one you made some time ago? I want to have ICS but I use a lot Youtube and I want to be able to watch HQ videos. I gotta say that the patch you made was working very well. When the time bar dissapeared, the videos played smoothly in HQ and just like it should.

This is a driver related issue. Until Qualcomm release there codes, we cannot patch it. Unless you can find a patch that instantly switches from HQ to LQ.