[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest plegdroid
done i ended in cwm mode...is there something more i should do or i can wipe all on and try to flash this rom now??

no need to wipe, the tpt did that, flash rom and gapps and reboot :)

Guest oscar-mark

afternoon, on 200meg it wouldn't have flashed everything :)

Gotta try.

Weren't any apps missing, very smooth and nothing wrong with Gapps.

Guest Firewalker1980

Hey all,

I'm wondering what to do with my gf's zte skate. I flashed CFX on it a while ago and although it's 'workable', there are still enough problems.

Regularly, apps like facebook, gmail etc don't show content, or they do but when scrolling down to read more, it's blank.

Also, if phone hasn't been turned off at night for charging, it locks up easily the morning after.

Rom updates haven't been done, as the syspartition is at 210mb now, prob. not enough.

But making the syspart. bigger is less space for internal apps :(.

So, if you're running this rom too, and you don't have any issues at all.. how is it configged ?

Any ideas to get improvements ?

Guest oscar-mark
Hey all,

I'm wondering what to do with my gf's zte skate. I flashed CFX on it a while ago and although it's 'workable', there are still enough problems.

Regularly, apps like facebook, gmail etc don't show content, or they do but when scrolling down to read more, it's blank.

Also, if phone hasn't been turned off at night for charging, it locks up easily the morning after.

Rom updates haven't been done, as the syspartition is at 210mb now, prob. not enough.

But making the syspart. bigger is less space for internal apps :(.

So, if you're running this rom too, and you don't have any issues at all.. how is it configged ?

Any ideas to get improvements ?

220 mb partition.

Full wipe, flash ROM, flash Gapps, flash S3 kernel, reboot, wait for a few minutes.

Perfect, the smoothest you can get on this phone. Except for games.

If you want more internal memory try Link2SD.

Guest trueno2k

If you're getting blank display when launch an app such as Facebook or Gmail, you need to go into the appinfo and force close app and delete / clear cache ( don't delete data ) and you can use the app in question as normal...

I can't really say what is happening with the apps or what causes the issue, maybe something to do with the RAM memory storage corrupting...

Hope that helps for the time being!?...

2pence done... :P

Guest razzmataz1478

The white screen on apps is the GPU rendering. Make sure you have "Force GPU Rendering" off in Development settings. If you have it off already, this is virtually unavoidable because you can't choose when the GPU kicks in.

Guest Firewalker1980

Thnx for the feedback! I'll check the gpu rendering, and maybe try that S3 Kernel etc..

About the Link2SD. Isn't that the same as moving apps to SD card which you can do from the getgo in ICS ?

Guest Josh92

Thnx for the feedback! I'll check the gpu rendering, and maybe try that S3 Kernel etc..

About the Link2SD. Isn't that the same as moving apps to SD card which you can do from the getgo in ICS ?

No, Link2SD creates a link on the internal, acting as the original. It moves everything related to the app, apk, lib files etc as apposed to just the apk. It fools Android into thinking the link on the phone is the actual app. The library files/caches etc can often take up a lot of space, more than the apk at times.

Guest Josh92

Sounds like just the thing I need :-) Thnx!

Np, just make sure you set up the second partition etc correctly & link the apps, not just move (which is the same as ICS stock). Theres a guide thread stickied on the boards.

Guest elianoos

Since I started to use this Rom , can't get back to gingerbread or cm7 again, this so much faster, thanx alot, however it is not complete with all features.

But what I wish to ask , Could the flash of the camera work with this rom ?? would it be done later???

please Sir, try to fix this problem

Guest sui785
Since I started to use this Rom , can't get back to gingerbread or cm7 again, this so much faster, thanx alot, however it is not complete with all features.

But what I wish to ask , Could the flash of the camera work with this rom ?? would it be done later???

please Sir, try to fix this problem

Please sir, try to search the topic for the term "flash".

Guest ukgnome

Please sir, try to search the topic for the term "flash".

Please, allow me, I get an imaginary £1 every time I type camera flash will not work with any cm9 rom on the skate. This will also be the same for cm10 based roms.

Guest thomcd

I have a similar problem (force closure and/or reboots) related to games I could play on the same cpu clock speed (883 mhz, so no point lowering the clock speed if it works on a other rom) but on CM7. Using C3C0's S3 kernel (though I don't think this is kernel related), only angry birds (regular, space, seasons, rio) and drag racing (bike edition and regular) are stable, other games like fruit ninja, tank hero (lazers and regular), turbofly 3D, bunny shooter (with this game the graphics are also corrupted), angry piggy (regular and seasons), spacecat,... sometimes force close but mostly my phone reboots. Could this be an error in the hw acceleration?

Something I want to ask (please don't shoot me :P for bringing this back on the table), but I wonder : I know HQ youtube doesn't work due the lack of Open Max codecs/drivers, but is it possible to soft decode/use software acceleration for decoding HQ videos (like most movie players available for android like MX Player, Mobo Player,...)? Might this be possible by rewriting the youtube app or are there any changes to be done with the CM9/CM10 build of lalit itself?

Edit: turning off dalviks cache (.dex) in link2sd doesn't work.

Edited by thomcd

Guest rockyenco

Hello,

I also tried the 28/06 rom on my ZTE skate

Flashing the ROM is no problem.

It boots well.

But i've problems with installing/flashing the GAPPS.

In recovery mode, everything goes succecfull, but after reboot, still no apps.

I've searched this topic, but cannot find any solution that helps me out.

Since it does not work for me, i wanted to go back to stock rom, but the offline updater download-link is down.

So if anyone can support me, it would be great.

Thx

Guest Firewalker1980

What impact does a bigger size cache partition have ?

Some people say 2, some 5, 20, 35 etc..

Performance, downloading apps, anything else ?

Guest JetKun

Goo-im gives me an update to the 20120717 build, but of CM10... this I can only presume is jellybean- should I update?

also: status bar does not extend fully and is strangely transparent

Edited by JetKun

Guest rockyenco

Has anyone tried the "FRING" app on CM9?

When i want to make a call, the app stops???

GAPPS are now working, after re-partioning memory map.

!! maybe add this memory topic to first post...

Guest rockyenco

WiFi tethering ??

Which app ??

I tried "Wireless Tether for root users", but don't see any AP coming Up???

When using "FoxFi" + "PdaNet tablet" i can setup a Bluetooth connection