[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest syst3m68

hi

Have been reading thread and would love to try this rom

Freespace app from market says I have 220 system 162 data 64 cache

is that ok to install ? or best wait till next update ?

please

its gen 2 omc with untouched tpt

Plus how stable is the rom ?

some ppl says its perfect and others say not ;)

thanks for all the hard work the devs put in for us all :)

200MB+ system partition is needed, so it seems your fine. :)

This ROM is stable for me, but others are reporting reboots, whereas i've only occured one reboot. :)

dont play games and not worried about animations

like to play music and watch mp4 videos i convert on handbrake

browse the web and such like :rolleyes:

on atomic atm and it runs a treat

Hello

can you help me?

after install that rom, when system autorun wizard and i tap to android logo, i see error message, and i can't change language (button just not work)

TPT with 200+ mb

Edited by Xsero

Guest Phoenixy

Hy,

I'm new to Skate! :)

I have a question:

A noob question...How I install this? From CWM Recovery I choose wipe data/factory reset(or what that option called) then apply update from sd card?

Because, I installed a CM7 from a hungarian website( I live in Hungary) and I had to go to mounts & storage format boot, format system, format data, format cache then choose update from sd card, chose the zip file and install then reboot.

Guest syst3m68

Hy,

I'm new to Skate! :)

I have a question:

A noob question...How I install this? From CWM Recovery I choose wipe data/factory reset(or what that option called) then apply update from sd card?

Because, I installed a CM7 from a hungarian website( I live in Hungary) and I had to go to mounts & storage format boot, format system, format data, format cache then choose update from sd card, chose the zip file and install then reboot.

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache

apply zip from SD card - cm9nightly.zip

advanced > reboot recovery

apply zip from SD card gapps.zip

reboot to system and enjoy :)

Guest FrownBreaker

Plus how stable is the rom ?

some ppl says its perfect and others say not ;)

thanks for all the hard work the devs put in for us all :)

I have found the ROM is not quite as stable as the early Jan release but the graphics and the finish on this release is something to behold. I'm not usually taken by graphics (I use Nemus launcher as it is fast and clean) but wow this ICS build from Tial looks superb, really top notch. The rotation, zoom, font rendering etc just looks really smooth.

They is the occasional slight lag when I press a button (Home > Settings sometimes take be 2 attempts)

But in normal use as a phone for calls, SMS and music its fine.

I don't play games but I use a program called Doggcatcher, this seems to crash the phone sometimes. Most times I just get the reboot, other times its a black screen and I need to take the battery out.

I use the Google apps from the first page of this post.

Was using Atomic + Nemus launcher but the stock ICS does not need any 3rd partly launchers IMO. Very slick the widget and the transparency+ hardware acceleration is unbelievable to use and see. Love the side scroll for body text of an email in gmail is great.

I'm smitten and will put up with these minor bumps in the road. I use the beta version of Swype (so that might be causing problems) but I only added that recently I had crashes before that.

Tilal good luck with the Exams! And thanks for the ROM

Guest Phoenixy

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache

apply zip from SD card - cm9nightly.zip

advanced > reboot recovery

apply zip from SD card gapps.zip

reboot to system and enjoy :)

Thanks! :)

Guest FrownBreaker

What do u think? ..ICS will be smotter than CM7 Nightly with full hardware acceleration ?

The nighties for CM7 for Blade are very stable no change since 15th nov 2011

I suspect the Skate CM7 will be simillar.

I can only speak about CM7 for the Blade but the nighties are very stable.

There are custom roms based in CM& for skate like Ice armour which seem fine.

I did not like Ice armour (my prefs) and prefered Atomic. ICS takes things to another level in terms of what it does (transparancy, rotate, etc all with h/w acceleration) so its hard to compare ICS with CM7

Also the ICS code base had bugs it is all new, not major ones but they are there.

If you need an untral stable ROM CM7 is fine. I needed the prox calibration in the nightly nov 15 build of CM7 for blade and that is also fine for daily.

ICS is a bit new and dangerous even on the high end samsungs, so on the low end skate with no vendor support it is quite amazing what Tial has managed.

For me I'm using this ICS rom (I can live with crashes) will upgrade by Doggcatcher and see if this improves things for me. New Google docs came out today with some more fixes (in Market now)

I've noticed there are a fe bugs in the Google apps for ICS, so the whole stack has been updated in ICS. OS, and the closed source Google apps (gmail, music, calendar does not work for me at all!)

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest JThumar

I prefer Atomic over CM7/9 only for one reason - sound level......its strange but sound level is too low on CM7/9 incall/speakers/headset.......why so ??

The nighties for CM7 for Blade are very stable no change since 15th nov 2011

I suspect the Skate CM7 will be simillar.

I can only speak about CM7 for the Blade but the nighties are very stable.

There are custom roms based in CM& for skate like Ice armour which seem fine.

I did not like Ice armour (my prefs) and prefered Atomic. ICS takes things to another level in terms of what it does (transparancy, rotate, etc all with h/w acceleration) so its hard to compare ICS with CM7

Also the ICS code base had bugs it is all new, not major ones but they are there.

If you need an untral stable ROM CM7 is fine. I needed the prox calibration in the nightly nov 15 build of CM7 for blade and that is also fine for daily.

ICS is a bit new and dangerous even on the high end samsungs, so on the low end skate with no vendor support it is quite amazing what Tial has managed.

For me I'm using this ICS rom (I can live with crashes) will upgrade by Doggcatcher and see if this improves things for me. New Google docs came out today with some more fixes (in Market now)

Guest pandalorian

I prefer Atomic over CM7/9 only for one reason - sound level......its strange but sound level is too low on CM7/9 incall/speakers/headset.......why so ??

Just play a bit with DSP manager and you will be fine. If its still too low for you,i suggest you to download volume+ from market. Those two program could improve your volume a lot.(2-3-4x higher than the stock volume)

Guest FrownBreaker

Is there a changelog available? smile.gif

Tilal has posted the change log at in the first few posts. Its not been updated for the latest version from the End of Jan due to exam season!

I've found the new end of Jan release prone to restarts / lock ups the Early Jan version seemed more stable.

The end of Jan Rel has more hardware acceleration = slicker interface. Read the last 5 or so pages of this thread and you will see the links to the End of Jan Release.

There are some other general fixes since the Early Jan release again follow the Jan thread as Tilal calls out the fixes and improvements as he works on them.

Guest FrownBreaker

Just play a bit with DSP manager and you will be fine. If its still too low for you,i suggest you to download volume+ from market. Those two program could improve your volume a lot.(2-3-4x higher than the stock volume)

Good suggestion. If you have a lot of material that needs the sound level adjusted (quiet bits made louder, loud bits made quieter) this is a good free tool, commercial grade free even of comercial use. This is used on the coverstations network for their audio and the TWIT network uses it for all the audio post processing. This is X Platform and scriptable for batch processing.

http://www.conversationsnetwork.org/levelator

Guest AndroidMafia

the window freezes - will always depend on and must constantly re-start make

not a good update, I think the pity is never 100% bad

Edited by AndroidMafia

Guest victormun

Silky smooth. No reboots or lockups. Various bugfixes. Audio improvements. Better hw acceleration

Looks awesome. Just 1 request: Can you update in the first post the Google Apps that we should be using? Because I believe there are new ones (according to this site: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/)

Regards and thank you for your awesome work!

Guest tilal6991

Looks awesome. Just 1 request: Can you update in the first post the Google Apps that we should be using? Because I believe there are new ones (according to this site: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/)

Regards and thank you for your awesome work!

Will do.

Also the next build will likely be on rom manager