[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

Skate finally getting support? Will all the roms end up on there then?

It's not officially getting support but with the new rom manager recognizing the Skate I should be able to put the rom up.

And its up to the devlopers of the roms if they want to do the same.

Going to release a new build soon. Will be the last for ~ 1/2 a month.

This is coming soon - my next release on the Skate will also be created for the Crescent

Tilal6991,

Will the next build also be created for the Crescent?

Guest AndroidMafia

what am I doing wrong?

the window freezes - will always depend on and must constantly re-start make

not a good update, I think the pity is never 100% bad

Guest syst3m68

Brilliant work tilal. i've had to downgrade to cm7 due to a girlfriend who doesn't enjoy me not having full functionality of my phone LOL love her really. :P

will upgrade when the new release comes out,

you've got this, MIUI kang AND your exams, you are a busy chap!

Guest victormun

That one needs armv7 cpu so it will not work.

Really? I'm not able to find that information :S

EDIT: I tested it on the latest CM9. It installs but, once it loads it returns an error message and it closes (however, you can see the Chrome-browser UI on the background and stuff like that :)

Edited by victormun

Guest syst3m68

Yes it will be.

You're doing awesome. how hard would it be to build from source? i'd like to but can't get my compiler to compile for armv6 nevermind anything else. D:

Guest brookergray

Really? I'm not able to find that information :S

EDIT: I tested it on the latest CM9. It installs but, once it loads it returns an error message and it closes (however, you can see the Chrome-browser UI on the background and stuff like that :)

I downloaded it and looked inside the apk. There's no armeabi on armeabi-v7a directory inside lib, so it was only compiled for that.

However it is entirely possibly that this was only done because size concerns as the apk is already 18MB in future versions this might change or they could release a different version for v6 phones.

What's the word on Chrome Beta working on the new release?

The market version is not compatible. The chromium version in theory could be concluded for us, but their repository looks so caotic that I can't find it. Maybe it's not even there as there are no build instructions for android version.

Guest PedroVader

Should have read further up the page :) I thought it was only dependant on full HW acceleration?

Apparently its going to be rolled out as part of the gapps package for ICS.

Edited by PedroVader

Guest FrownBreaker

Anyone else having lots of crashes / restarts?

I've been using the new build (Late Jan) and it seems a lot less stable than the Early Jan release.

Most times if I've been using one or two apps it will lock up and reboot or freeze and need the battery replaced.

Once the phone got warm and the battry ran low quickly.

Another time it was not charging from USB.

The work PCs are XP and have the USB ports locked out but they charge the phone fine.

I'm not using any games the only non stock apps are

Swype Keyboard Beta

Doggcatcher (set to download on wifi and mains power required)

On an average day I get 4 or 5 restarts.

Generally stable and reliable except for the minor items above.

I'm not using LinktoSD etc all apps just in the normal place (internal)

Great ROM love the interface, bluetooth headsets now work for voice and music (A2DP) I could not get voice to work on the Early Jan build (sound only, BT mic was not working) the late Jan build fxed this! Excellent build.

Guest Frankish

My advice is...read :-) the restarts are random and seem to be linked to a graphics hack as its a kernel panic. Tilal said the next build will fix this and he said he is building it at the moment.

I tried it last week

very nice look but found it laggy with graphic glitches on transitions

plus usb mount not working and causing fc and crashes

hope next build will be more reliable ,

keep up the good work :)

Guest plegdroid

This is my first post as an omc user, liking cm9 very much, just like to say thank you for a lovely rom :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest FrownBreaker

I've install CM9, looking good. However it runs rubbish on my OMC screens are laggy and choppy, anyone got any ideas?

Did you use the Early Jan release on the first page or this late Jan one: http://android.modaco.com/topic/348745-ics-rom-cyanogenmod-9-nightlies-for-zte-skate-multiple-fixes-updated-0601/page__view__findpost__p__1892543

Guest FrownBreaker

I tried it last week

very nice look but found it laggy with graphic glitches on transitions

plus usb mount not working and causing fc and crashes

hope next build will be more reliable ,

keep up the good work :)

The graphics gliches are on the early Jan release link on first page. This is fixed in the late Jan Release http://android.modaco.com/topic/348745-ics-rom-cyanogenmod-9-nightlies-for-zte-skate-multiple-fixes-updated-0601/page__view__findpost__p__1892543