[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest syst3m68

Yes - USB sorage does crash.

CWM version shouldn't make a difference. And I'm not having any Gallery issues but if you are - use Quickpic off the market.

With the fixing of one problem comes another. :P

In light of that situation, USB storage is working for me, so is gallery, but my build date is from yesterday at 15:03pm, is this right?

and what are the toast 'sending' messages? CMStats?

Guest timfimjim

this is well better than the early jan build (the last one I tried). So good!!

Don't need anything more, haven't had any reboots and quickpic works fine for a gallery. Crazy how quickly you've managed to bring ICS to the Skate, and so well too...

Guest tilal6991

With the fixing of one problem comes another. :P

In light of that situation, USB storage is working for me, so is gallery, but my build date is from yesterday at 15:03pm, is this right?

and what are the toast 'sending' messages? CMStats?

Yes the build date is right. As long as the launcher is smooth :P .

CMStats, I'm pretty sure. I havent included any tracking apps cool.gif

Guest syst3m68

Yes the build date is right. As long as the launcher is smooth :P .

CMStats, I'm pretty sure. I havent included any tracking apps cool.gif

Well all is working for me. this is fast as LIGHTNING!

Not much luck with camera, saying most CM7 builds don't even have it, nevermind ICS. is it a closed API or something?

Epic work!

Don't let anything tear you away from getting a Computer Science PhD!

EDIT: Spoke too soon! locked up whilst plugged into computer, not mounted. strange.

Edited by syst3m68

Guest JThumar

Gallery working....3 to 4 crashes but good for some more.....

Well all is working for me. this is fast as LIGHTNING!

Not much luck with camera, saying most CM7 builds don't even have it, nevermind ICS. is it a closed API or something?

Epic work!

Don't let anything tear you away from getting a Computer Science PhD!

Wow tilal, you have been busy. Impressive work. We are sooooooo looking forward to having this on the Crescent!! As soon as you have some news a quick update (even another "coming soon") on the Crescent forum would be much appreciated wink.gif

Guest syst3m68

Right. Full low down.

Nice work on removing live wallpapers.

Reboot/Shutdown freezeup still stands,

USB storage worked fine, but after unmounted seems to lockup. mount USB storage via recovery seems fine.

Launcher is silky smooth.

Gallery is working properly.

Boot animation seems laggy at first, but is sorted after 2~3 seconds. anything else will be edited in. :D

Edited by syst3m68

Guest tilal6991
Wow tilal, you have been busy. Impressive work. We are sooooooo looking forward to having this on the Crescent!! As soon as you have some news a quick update (even another "coming soon") on the Crescent forum would be much appreciated

Could you just post a few details first? Is the kernel source available? And could you link a stock rom?

Guest victormun

Well tilal, I believe that the CWM-recovery version matters. I flashed with the 4.0.1.4 version and after the first boot, the system asked me for the Google Account (before flashing the GApps). However, when I flashed the ROM with the version 5 you posted of the CWM, I didn't get that message asking me for my account at all.

Guest juno106

HI guys

Following this post for over a month now,I just registered.I'm not from UK,but my sister lives there so I was looking some bargain android phone to buy and accidentally came across ORANGE MONTE CARLO.And accidentally then came across this forum...........And searching the web constantly it seems to me that ORANGE MONTE CARLO now is the best mobile phone for the money you can get in UK.And now even with TILAL'S success in making ICS for this phone,it is just perfect.

I'm noob in hacking,rooting phones,but with help of you guys and this forum I think I can install ICS if I buy this phone and then it will be perfect .

I'm really impressed in your capabilities TILAL.I think you are a genius so now I even more like to buy this phone :)))

But I have some questions to ask you guys first:

1. I read here that the camera isn't working with ICS now.Is there a possibility that later Tilal might make it work and will the camera then be even better than the original?

2.I don't like the original glossy back cover so does anyone have bought this hard back cover .....................

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-HYBRID-HARD-BACK-COVER-TRIPLE-PACK-ORANGE-MONTE-CARLO-ZTE-SKATE-V960-/150723921505?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2317d88661..........and if so,how is it?

3.What does that FULL HARDWARE ACCELERATION means now?And how maximum can this phone be overclocked now?

4.Do you think that this is the best phone for the bucks at this moment in UK,now when TILAL made ICS available for it or maybe ZTE crescent (T-Home VIVACITY,because it has frontal camera too) ??? I don't have to buy expensive phones like SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 or HTC...... :)

SORRY GUYS THIS IS JUST A LIITLEBIT OFF TOPIC,BUT I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH TILAL AND I HAD TO REGISTER AND WRITE AND PROBABLY BUY THIS PHONE IF YOU ANSWER MY QUESTIONS.

Keep up the great work guys,especially TILAL :)

Hey Lalit, you machine, will the Camera's scene modes be fixed in time, and lgCamera's ability to record in higher resolutions than VGA?

CM9 FTW! :D

edit: The gallery seems to force close- it's not working for me.

extra info: TPT (System via FREESPACE), 220mb, 57mb cache

Edited by JetKun

Guest juno106

And I forgot this.............................CAN ANYONE PUT A VIDEO NOW HERE SO THAT WE CAN ALL SEE HOW DOES TILAL'S ICE CREAM SANDWICH RUNS ON MONTE CARLO??? That would be nice if anyone can record short clip and post it here or on YOU TUBE :rolleyes:

Abnormal, still 200mb system 35mb cache here...

I'm not sure- I've got an Orange Monte Carlo- 220MB System, 57MB Cache, 162MB Data (Used to have a 961MB EXT, but it's not working somehow)

Also, the launcher is silky smooth for the first three swipes or so, then jams up a bit; and reboots do occur, but not as much as early january- it's incredible, i think, how tilal's managed to get the unstable CM9 and push it this far- :D Even the CM Team have only just managed to get something ready- 7th of February

Edited by JetKun

Could you just post a few details first? Is the kernel source available? And could you link a stock rom?

Tx for the reply - I'm no expert but I'll check out the Crescent forum re. kernel source.

Here's a link to the stock roms, though I read that there are some newer ones posted on ZTE's site

Stock ROMs for ZTE Blade 2/Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity

All relevant info / files on kernel source here - Link to forum topic http://android.modac...e-for-crescent/

Edited by Titas

Guest syst3m68

I'm not sure- I've got an Orange Monte Carlo- 220MB System, 57MB Cache, 162MB Data (Used to have a 961MB EXT, but it's not working somehow)

Also, the launcher is silky smooth for the first three swipes or so, then jams up a bit; and reboots do occur, but not as much as early january- it's incredible, i think, how tilal's managed to get the unstable CM9 and push it this far- :D Even the CM Team have only just managed to get something ready- 7th of February

Yeah i'm running OMC too. thats quite strange, and i don't use EXT partitions, bad experience with my old phone haha :P

Guest victormun

Anyone whos got new build flashed able to send/recieve SMS/recieve calls?

I can't help feeling like harrasing you tilal. D:

Dunno about SMS but I can receive and make calls perfectly.