[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest PedroVader

I'm on the option 2 tpt, 200mb 35mb cache, cwm v4, stock speeds. No ext3 partition.

I'm thinking its down to disparate hardware, I've discussed before about my maximum over clock being 940, while others can go higher. So many versions of the skate exist, OMC branded released first, then star addict, then the standard factory unlock I think, followed by the medion branded handset. Cheap parts from the lowest bidder fitted at different stages of production.

Is this too random to be coincidence?

All my reboots on this build are always preceded by a total freeze, whereas tilals first ever ICS build would literally just reboot with no apparent freeze at all, no matter what I was doing with the device at the time, so for me at least its a different kind of reboot to the kind I've had before.

Guest syst3m68

I'm on the option 2 tpt, 200mb 35mb cache, cwm v4, stock speeds. No ext3 partition.

I'm thinking its down to disparate hardware, I've discussed before about my maximum over clock being 940, while others can go higher. So many versions of the skate exist, OMC branded released first, then star addict, then the standard factory unlock I think, followed by the medion branded handset. Cheap parts from the lowest bidder fitted at different stages of production.

Is this too random to be coincidence?

All my reboots on this build are always preceded by a total freeze, whereas tilals first ever ICS build would literally just reboot with no apparent freeze at all, no matter what I was doing with the device at the time, so for me at least its a different kind of reboot to the kind I've had before.

I'm on the same TPT, but clocks are as default, i reset them as i don't need it high anymore(hurray for media drivers) the latest cwm and no sd-ext partition at all. i own the OMC. I've only had one reboot tonight, which was when i pressed the home button, followed by a force close Trebuchet message, huge freeze then reboot. my guess is that hardware is the problem here, that it only wants to work when it wants to, but are the people who report constant reboots running at 994/1018MhZ? that can't be too friendly on the hardware saying we have hacked acceleration, working with a hacked cpu also, could this be the problem? Just shootin' ideas. :P

Guest Frankish

I am at stock clock speeds and get tons of reboots. I do have an ext partition but as far as I am aware the system doesnt see or use it at all so shouldn't affect the rom. Also noticing some slowdown in touch screen response at times. This happens whilst typing sometimes but can be reproduced playing a game such as fruit ninja!

Edited by Frankish

Guest syst3m68

@tilal6991

Have u try the Camera.apk from Gingerbread ROM under ICS?

I found on xda other Devices use the APK from Gingerbread.

Regards..

Could work, might conflict with new libs though.

Does titanium backup work? if so i'll try it. :P

Guest PedroVader
@tilal6991

Have u try the Camera.apk from Gingerbread ROM under ICS?

I found on xda other Devices use the APK from Gingerbread.

Regards..

I tried the xda hack on one of the earlier builds, couldn't make it work, but I'm no Dev :wacko:

Guest PedroVader
Camera is small potatoes for now. We need reboots fixed first :-)

So true, and a cool name for the Rom, as lalit has christened the Blade "Cold Fusion"....How about "Ice Skate" :lol::lol:

Got to stop thinking out loud :P

Guest plegdroid

So true, and a cool name for the Rom, as lalit has christened the Blade "Cold Fusion"....How about "Ice Skate" :lol::lol:

Got to stop thinking out loud :P

No keep on thinking out loud, I like the humor

:D

Guest Asthota

It works fine for me, but when I want to do too much at the same time it blocks and goes in reboot.

It is quite annoying, but when you want the new stuff you have to be patient

Guest Frankish

Reboots is quite common it seems. I'm desperate to get a fix now. Previous versions I tested for a while and got bored but this is a daily runner for me even with reboots. I'd have a go myself but don't know my way around kernel at all!

Guest dt_matthews

I would quite like to try a custom rom, but it seems that this is not where to start.:(

yes, whilst this is going to be a truly superb rom once the wrinkles are ironed out, this current build is not v. stable (for what appears to be a significant number of users) Edited by dt_matthews

Sort of late to the "what system are you on" party but I'm on a stock OMC, 8 gig SD card not reformatted into anything special and Clockwork v4.0.something, ROM is stable up until the point I do anything "stressful"

Edited by Smt923

Guest plegdroid

had it on for 9 hours now and seems to behaving it self, this is on 220 system layout, and with v5 cwm, the only thing other I've added is a auto task killer, but not had any reboot or lockups.

post-910238-132937827815_thumb.png

Guest pbz1983

Thanks for the ROM,

I am trying my best to use this on a daily basis as I particularly like the ICS functionality and the new gapps features.

The stock e-mail app is updated so now I don't have to use 'touchdown' to access my work e-mail server :-)

Having installed the latest version and running it for a few days here are my findings, hopefully this feedback along with other members feedback will assist in future development for the skate/monte carlo.

• System->Performance->Disable boot animation - This is not working
  • System->Status bar -> Battery status style - The only working option is Icon (default)
  • System->Status bar -> Alternate signal display -> status style -> The only working option is signal bars
  • When installing multiple apps, the phone will reboot
  • Woke up to the battery being completely dead having been charged >75% for the last two consecutive mornings - (no 3g or wifi enabled)
  • Random reboots - this has been reported by other members
  • When charging via USB, the touch screen is extra sensitive and repeat chars are entered - but have found this in various roms.
  • Battery life is very poor in comparison to other roms, i.e phone calls, wifi, 3g (the high-end usage features)
  • When attempting to reboot or power off the rom either hangs and you have to remove the battery or occasionally it will take a few minutes to carry out the command - this may be related to the sd-card unmount which again has been mentioned.
  • I installed GO Launcher which made things 10x worse in terms of reboots, and this was promptly uninstalled. Other apps such as facebook will randomly crash and force the phone to reboot.

Guest timfimjim

this might be a stupid question i dont know, but will we be able to update to the newest version whilst in the ROM itself, like from settings, and system updates? not a massive thing but i think it would be pretty cool to be able to do it like that

I do believe Tilal is trying to get the ROM on Rom manager. When this is up, if you have the premium version of the app you will be able to 'check for updates' through the Rom Manager app and download any updates he releases :D

Guest syst3m68

I do believe Tilal is trying to get the ROM on Rom manager. When this is up, if you have the premium version of the app you will be able to 'check for updates' through the Rom Manager app and download any updates he releases :D

a few reboots for me, all else fine. Battery use is perfect! and just not as many posts as before, gone from 84 people viewing to like, 4. :P

Guest Andymac1969

a few reboots for me, all else fine. Battery use is perfect! and just not as many posts as before, gone from 84 people viewing to like, 4. :P

Not sure about the battery, I had my OMC on, but with WIFI, GPS all turned off, no real usage at all, and it only lasted 18 hours?

Andrew

Guest syst3m68

Not sure about the battery, I had my OMC on, but with WIFI, GPS all turned off, no real usage at all, and it only lasted 18 hours?

Andrew

I lost 23% with Wifi on and heavy browsing over 24 hrs. :)