[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Andymac1969

I lost 23% with Wifi on and heavy browsing over 24 hrs. :)

How come, what are you doing different to me? I barely touched mine in that 18 hour period

Andrew

Guest syst3m68

How come, what are you doing different to me? I barely touched mine in that 18 hour period

Andrew

no idea, it seems the only problem i have is the reboots, epic confused.

Guest Frankish

Andrew

My battery is poor too. Not sure if it relates to the deep sleep state not being used. Even with data off the phone eats through it.

Guest syst3m68

My battery is poor too. Not sure if it relates to the deep sleep state not being used. Even with data off the phone eats through it.

Strange, and tilal has his exams at the moment, so no development for a bit. :( hope he does well! :D

he should update his twitter, says he's a cm7 maintainer. ;)

Guest syst3m68

Well, upon switching my microSDHC card with a simple microSD, it seems that things are working again- but not many apps work- and not as many reboots!

How are the apps not working? FCs?

Guest FrownBreaker

had it on for 9 hours now and seems to behaving it self, this is on 220 system layout, and with v5 cwm, the only thing other I've added is a auto task killer, but not had any reboot or lockups.

Thanks for the post:

Interesting can I instal v5cwm using my older version? Last time I looked it was TPT only.

Which task killer are you using?

I noticed another post saying a smaller microSD (replaced an SDHC seemed to improve things.

Hope the exams are going well for Tilal.

Guest plegdroid

Thanks for the post:

Interesting can I instal v5cwm using my older version? Last time I looked it was TPT only.

Which task killer are you using?

I noticed another post saying a smaller microSD (replaced an SDHC seemed to improve things.

Hope the exams are going well for Tilal.

I updated via terminal emulator to v 5 "su, press return, flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img" ,you'll need to change the recovery file to read recovery.img and place on the root of your sdcard. :) nb, you do need to input the gaps between, image, recovery and the first/...

Edited by plegdroid

Guest FrownBreaker

I updated via terminal emulator to v 5 "su, press return, flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img" ,you'll need to change the recovery file to read recovery.img and place on the root of your sdcard. :) nb, you do need to input the gaps between, image, recovery and the first/...

Great will try this, thank for the help.

Which Task Killer (and version) are you using? Are there setting you would recomend?

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest plegdroid

Great will try this, thank for the help.

Which Task Killer (and version) are you using? Are there setting you would recomend?

I've got auto task manager by mizusoft, free on market, first time around, id not kill off any system application unless you know it's not going to make it crash( the irony) you can set it to either kill apps when you turn on or off your phone, it's up to you or you can pick both, some people may disagree with using task killers, but iam prepared to use it until the rom is fixed to stop it crashing ,may help but at the moment were still not sure what is causing it to crash. so no harm in trying different things out :)

Guest syst3m68

I've got auto task manager by mizusoft, free on market, first time around, id not kill off any system application unless you know it's not going to make it crash( the irony) you can set it to either kill apps when you turn on or off your phone, it's up to you or you can pick both, some people may disagree with using task killers, but iam prepared to use it until the rom is fixed to stop it crashing ,may help but at the moment were still not sure what is causing it to crash. so no harm in trying different things out :)

Task killers RUIN your phones memory. D:

Guest plegdroid

Task killers RUIN your phones memory. D:

:lol: did say frowned apon, but until can nail down what's causing it to crash, I'd try anything until it's fixed :D

Guest plegdroid

:P Using your phone also ruins it.......we should switch it off !!

we should also add "it ruins your social life as well", less flashing & more beer required:lol:

Guest lupohirp

hi tilal thanks for hwacc i have resolved with your sources :) anyway....i have a question...did you noticed a color banding issue?on your phone is the same????dithering doens't work on mine....on your build work???

if you have kernel wakelocks when you enabling bluetooth use this in overlay /frameworks/...../config.xml

<bool name="config_bluetooth_adapter_quick_switch">false </bool>

Edited by lupohirp

Guest plegdroid

Pretty sure I've fixed the reboot problem :P More details to follow.

awaiting with very much interest :D

taking the back off the omc is a lot harder than ma racer ever time I've got to take the battery out:lol:

Guest Frankish
Pretty sure I've fixed the reboot problem More details to follow.

Great news!

Web browsing is near impossible for me at the minute. Tried dolphin too and the same behaviour... No force close the browsers just close after a while. Not caught a logcat of it yet so will try.

Guest tilal6991

Great news!

Web browsing is near impossible for me at the minute. Tried dolphin too and the same behaviour... No force close the browsers just close after a while. Not caught a logcat of it yet so will try.

Fixed that as well I think. Will all be in next build.

Guest Frankish

You clever clever person tilal! :D

Have you experienced any slow down in typing at all? Sometimes its speedy then sometimes I can tap out two words then slowly watch the letters appear one at a time. That's just a minor niggle though ;-)

Its just getting to the point now where there are only these little niggles left!